Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

Old 02-01-2009, 12:59 PM
a1231212
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by danboback View Post
best lookin sedan ever...
Old 02-02-2009, 12:39 PM
FreddyG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by sp330 View Post
I agree with you all this is an absolutely fantastic sedan. Ideally I'd have one and a ZO6. But I recently bought a daily driver (2008 Accord). Plus I don't know how I'd justify to my wife a DD that gets 12-15 mpg
Sometimes it's more important to measure Smiles per gallon than it is to measure miles oer gallon!

I told my wife that I was willing to get rid of my Vette for this car and after she picked herself up off of the floor, she knew that I was Serious about it. She just said that I must Really like that car to be willing to do that and gave me the ok! I Love that Woman!

Originally Posted by nmerhaut View Post
I had been told that GMS wasn't available on the new CTS-V. One of my partners just got one and qualified for GMS but only got $500 off a $66k car.
My wife and I were fortunate to have driven the car at Monticello Motor Club in Nov. when Cadillac invited a few hundred there for a weekend of test drives. Fantastic car!
I'd try a different dealer then, because I had two dealers willing to take the GMS code! It was almost $8k off, but I think that it expired January 5, 2009. I had gotten the coupon on the third, so I didn't have much time for thought! I wasn't sure if I wanted to part with my car then and you know that once my car is gone, there's no getting it back!

I think about it now and was going to wait for a used one, but with getting $8k off of a new one, that would be like first year depreciation loss anyway and I could be driving the car for a year! Used ones could be roughly $8k off anyway and then I'm not taking the chance of getting one that has been thrashed! Oh Well, Live and Learn!

Sorry for the rant, just sharing my thoughts!

Originally Posted by a1231212 View Post

No Doubt!
Old 02-02-2009, 05:29 PM
rgregory
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LuvmyC5 View Post
Sometimes it's more important to measure Smiles per gallon than it is to measure miles oer gallon!

Couldn't have said it better. Also not living that far from work a good gas mileage car might save me $15-20 a week tops. Of my 4 vehicles my '01 4x4 Tahoe gets the best gas mileage.

I sat in a CTS-V at the Autoshow on Saturday, I really like them.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:18 PM
LowFlight
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

I did that for effect. If a little slammed is good, then more is better. At least as far as the pictures go. In real, they aren't that high and in my opinion, are just the right height to be functional, yet Cool looking!

I wouldn't want (or have) a car that low because the roads around here would tear it up!

...........Especially for the money!

That M5 will see the tail lights of a Vee, but I will admit that they are Sweet cars that perform well. They lack torque though and unless you're revving the motr to 7000+ rpm, you're not getting all that you can out of that car! I'll take the Vee with 500 ft./lbs of torque @ 3000 rpm, but that's just me!

Please don't even get me started on Maintainence costs for a German car! Just trying to prepare you!

Good Luck!
THe M5 isn't that far behind. I have the article. Also, I have owned a 540i Sport and an 03 M3 SMG...I know how much maintenance costs..it is worth it to me.
Old 02-04-2009, 12:05 AM
FreddyG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by LowFlight View Post
THe M5 isn't that far behind. I have the article. Also, I have owned a 540i Sport and an 03 M3 SMG...I know how much maintenance costs..it is worth it to me.
We also had a 540i Sport and I wasn't impressed with it! It rattled as much as a plastic American car! Maybe we just got a bad one! It was a Classy looking car though!

I wasn't trying to imply anything by making the maintainence statement other than be prepared! It sounds like you already know about them and are willing to step up to the plate as far as they go!

I'm just stating my opinion that I thik that there is NOT A BETTER CAR for the money as the Vee!

Now those M3 SMG's are Beautiful cars!

Good Luck with the Bimmer!
Old 02-04-2009, 01:16 AM
a1231212
CF Senior Member

smiles per gallon not miles per gallon???

haha thats the best quote ive ever heard!!!

Old 02-04-2009, 12:39 PM
FreddyG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by a1231212 View Post
smiles per gallon not miles per gallon???

haha thats the best quote ive ever heard!!!

Thanks!
Old 02-27-2009, 02:28 AM
805Z06
CF Senior Member

So what happened? Did you get the car?
Old 02-27-2009, 03:07 PM
FreddyG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by 805Z06 View Post
So what happened? Did you get the car?
Thanks for asking..........No, I didn't get one! I'm holding out to see what the used ones are going for (probably in a year or two). I'm a Big believer in trying to let the first owner take the Biggest part of the depreciation hit!

I should just bite the bullet and get one before anything happens to GM and then I'll be sitting there wishing that I would have done it!

People seem to think that in a year they'll be able to get one in the low forties, but I don't see that happening because of the limited production of the car and now they've even cut back on production, which limits the availability even more. People are still buying them at market price (MSRP or GMS if you're eligible).

I was even hoping for the 0% for 60 month promotion, but it's not needed to sell the car, so they more than likely won't do that either.

Patience is a virtue, but it's testing mine!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:05 PM
vvv90
CF Senior Member

Thanks for asking..........No, I didn't get one! I'm holding out to see what the used ones are going for (probably in a year or two). I'm a Big believer in trying to let the first owner take the Biggest part of the depreciation hit!

I should just bite the bullet and get one before anything happens to GM and then I'll be sitting there wishing that I would have done it!

People seem to think that in a year they'll be able to get one in the low forties, but I don't see that happening because of the limited production of the car and now they've even cut back on production, which limits the availability even more. People are still buying them at market price (MSRP or GMS if you're eligible).

I was even hoping for the 0% for 60 month promotion, but it's not needed to sell the car, so they more than likely won't do that either.

Patience is a virtue, but it's testing mine!

As much as I'd love to see you get this car, I'd say just wait! You'll get it much cheaper in a year or two. Even if they stop making high power cars like this.

I definitely learned my lesson when I picked up my 300C srt8 in early '05 and was LUCKY to get it at sticker. average price across the country was $5-20k over sticker!

In a quick 4 years later you can pick them up for about $30k less than what I spent with low miles.

I learned my lesson...I'm NEVER buying new again. Even if it is the bees knees like the SRT8 was and the CTS-V is now.
Old 02-28-2009, 12:00 AM
FreddyG
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by vvv90 View Post
As much as I'd love to see you get this car, I'd say just wait! You'll get it much cheaper in a year or two. Even if they stop making high power cars like this.

I definitely learned my lesson when I picked up my 300C srt8 in early '05 and was LUCKY to get it at sticker. average price across the country was $5-20k over sticker!

In a quick 4 years later you can pick them up for about $30k less than what I spent with low miles.

I learned my lesson...I'm NEVER buying new again. Even if it is the bees knees like the SRT8 was and the CTS-V is now.
Hi Matt!

Thanks for the advice! I Appreciate it!

It sounds like you bought the SRT8 when it was a really hot commodity (kind of like the SRT8 Challenger is now) and sounds like you got a good deal on it! The nice thing is that even getting it at MSRP, you got to enjoy it for four years, which could be looked at as a plus.

That's my dilemma now..........Using GMS (employee pricing), I can save $6k off sticker and to save anything on that car is what I'd consider a good deal! I just have to decide how badly I want it! By GM limiting the production on them, it keeps the used prices up too. That supply and demand thing! At least that's what I think, but if the market proves me wrong and I can find one in the mid-high forties, I'll gladly admit to being wrong about that (as I drive around in one)!

Have you had your new car out lately? If so/when you do, Please Drive that BEAST Safely!
Old 03-01-2009, 01:41 AM
a1231212
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by sp330 View Post
Plus I don't know how I'd justify to my wife a DD that gets 12-15 mpg
remember, smiles per gallon, not miles per gallon

Old 02-01-2010, 03:32 PM
Trout-44
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '10-'11, '14

Just Picked up my 2010 CTS-V on Friday night..

Snow tires from the tirerack will be here tomorrow..

This will be my daily driver...

The PS 2 that come on the car are not good winter (cold) tires...

If it gets real bad or deep snow, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee to drive

Old 02-01-2010, 07:41 PM
ZishanM
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Trout-44 View Post
Just Picked up my 2010 CTS-V on Friday night..

Snow tires from the tirerack will be here tomorrow..

This will be my daily driver...

The PS 2 that come on the car are not good winter (cold) tires...

If it gets real bad or deep snow, I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee to drive

I think its great that you posted in here but a new thread specifically for your car and it updates would be well deserved. More pics please and driving impressions. What was the dealer negotiations like?
Old 03-03-2010, 04:41 PM
a1231212
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by ZishanMalik View Post
What was the dealer negotiations like?
You mean, what did the dealer do to try to get you in the car?
Old 03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
JerriVette
CF Senior Member

Love the CTS V. I think the CTS V coupe might be the best compromise if you decide to step out of the vette.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: I test drove an 09 CTS-V today...............

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: