Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

ZR1 Nurburgring Record, Will it be beaten!!?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Zee Freak
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '03-'05-'06

Aak this is still going.....
end the madness already.
The GTR is badass. The ZR1 is more badass.

Done.
Old 05-01-2009, 02:30 AM
Guibo
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by monaroCountry
Where did Walter claim that the GT2 achieved a 7:29? Show me maybe your confusing it with the CGT.
No confusion. GT2, 7:29, while passing many cars:
"The next new car is the GT2. Recently, I was at the Nürburgring during Industry Week to make the final tests...I did my fast lap at 7m29s, the fastest lap a standard car has ever done, and I passed 11 cars. There was an Audi A3, and he was not watching his mirrors, and I passed him at 310 kph on Tiergarten, and he went sideways. It was so close!"
http://www.rennteam.com/forum/thread...GT2/page1.html

..unlike Nissan with publications and private owners 30sec off the pace.
That private owner with only about 40 laps (vs Suzuki who had hundreds) while running through traffic (vs Suzuki who was on a closed course).

By the way back to the Independent Nardo test you can see that the GT2 can keep up with the ZR1
Not just keep up with, but it beat the ZR1.
ZR1: 426 hp/tonne
GT2: 350 hp/tonne
Even though the ZR1 has 22% higher hp/wt, it was beaten by over 2 seconds. Hp/what?
Thanks for playing. But the comparison I made was with the GT2 and Koenigsegg CCX (612 hp/tonne).

I think your the one back tracking. Turn in and braking is far better on a RR config, when you brake wight shifts to the front most cars would be front heavy in this situation in the Porsche it ould be closer to neutral.
How am I backtracking? I'm the one saying hp/wt isn't the determining factor in Nurburgring times. Now, when you explain how the GT2 can be that fast, you are citing reasons other than hp/wt as to the reason why it can be that fast. Thanks for proving my point.

Are you thick? Ive said this again and again but it seems to go way over your head. Porsche drove the Ferrari for appraisal, they drove the Nissan to verify Nissan's claims.
No they dont, this would mean closing the track having tons of engineers and equipment on hand and risking the health of its main driver every time Ferrari releases a product. I dont even think that your graph was a Porsche promotion.
How do you know they closed the track when testing the Nissan? Were you there? Any sources?
Just because you drive a car for appraisal automatically precludes setting a lap time? Uhrr, no it doesn't. That doesn't follow at all. They could be doing both. You have no evidence they didn't try to set a lap time.
I suppose that graph was designed to promote the SL65? Same font as Porsche brochures. Same slogan for the GT2 ("Respect required.)

However the link that I sourced about the lap being just for appraisal was lifted directly from Walter Rorhl and confirmed by Michael S. Manufacturers do not normally try to set a record time in traffic, they normally rent out the place, even Porsche has started doing this after WR nearly got into an accident passing slower cars.
And yet the Motor Trend link that you posted, which is just days old, said none other than Rohrl lapped the 'Ring in both the new GT3 and the Scuderia with traffic.
Excellence February 2007 pg 124
"Walter Rohrl covered a lap at the RING - including passing 5 cars (b/c it was a public day THEY DID NOT CLOSE THE COURSE FOR PORSCHE 0 in 7:42. That day he also drove a Carrera GT to 7:37 in the same conditions."

Another time, Rohrl set a 7:32 in the GT2 with traffic:
"German Porsche test driver Walter Rohrl recently lapped the Nurburgring Nordschleife on a public day in 7 minutes 32 seconds in the new 997 GT2."
http://www.carzi.com/2008/08/20/pors...h-gear-review/

Do you see the pattern here, of Porsche releasing lap times (and the time for a competitor) which were done with traffic? How do you know for a fact that they closed down the 'Ring for the GT-R test?

Where are the Ferrari times, they still benchmark their different cars in Italy. Again there is a huge difference between a record lap and setting up the car. This is from the link you provided.
-Among those marques is Ferrari, which in addition to three racing circuits that the company owns and operates in Italy, comes to the Nürburgring for proper shakedowns.
-Since our German isn't up to snuff and online translators seem to make less sense of the text than we can on our own
-However, it seems to combine a showroom and merchandising store among its attractions.

Again this is from the same link you provided.
-Ferrari insists that, although Schumi had been driving the car that day, it was actually the factory's road car test driver Raffaele de Simone who was driving when the car hit the guardrail at 250 km/h. -Photographs show that the 7-time world champion had been driving the car with his young son Mick – himself just starting out in karting – riding shotgun... with neither of them wearing helmets.
Wow, thanks for proving my point: Ferrari does test there. Contrary to your implication: "Ask Ferrari yourself they normally dont try to record a fast lap or even test around the Nurburgring."
Just because they don't release lap times doesn't mean they don't test there. Jaguar tests there extensively, yet they don't release lap times. Lamborghini (and parent company VW/Audi) tests there too, and what lap times have we seen from them?
Old 05-01-2009, 07:39 AM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Enough already..........

Quick Reply: ZR1 Nurburgring Record, Will it be beaten!!?