Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Interesting conversation with a WRX Wagon owner

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2009, 08:27 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS3 Mike
Yep bashed American companies because they deserve it for some of the crap they've put onto the roads. I also praise American companies for working hard to turn it around. I bash American companies for their mismanagement. Subaru was one of the only companies that actually had sales go up last year as this economic crisis set in.

Do not confuse bashing a company with bashing America. But you got me. I dislike America so much that I made an oath to support and defend her Constitution 4 years ago and signed on for another 8 a few months ago.
Please. You sound like the guy that wants 50% off on the 4th for Veterans and current service members. Those whom truly defend and honor do not need to let everyone know. I wont even begin to tell you my story. But, you most likely can read between the lines.
Do you bash your beloved Japanese firms for building crap? You may have education. But, you obviously struggled with history.

However, I will thank you for your service and as always pray for our friends in harms way.

Last edited by Vette Suspension; 06-22-2009 at 09:26 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 08:55 PM
BartonekDragRacing
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the kid who was talking to you was trying to say that his WRX could hold a candle to your car which makes him delusional. However, maybe he was just hoping that this guy with a mean car would take a small interest in his machine. Some car guys could care less about the attention the general public gives their car but they love it when other car guys give respect.

Working safety and race control on road course one day I had the driver of a 911 Turbo roll up to my spot on the pit wall after his run group. He just had to find out more about my car which was parked in the pits. Felt cool to have a dude who could afford to track a $100k+ car come ask me about my little machine.

I see what you're saying. Thats a different way of looking at it.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:26 PM
Vette Suspension
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BartonekDragRacing
I think he was offended because he has one. I'll tell you what though.. I wouldnt be caught dead driving a Miata. I'd rather drive a beater Mazda 323 hatchback or a 95 Neon w/a faded paint job. No joke.

I agree w/you on liking American cars or just cars in general. Let me put it a different way.. in my conversation I took the tone as him talkin down my car, thinking my car was stock etc.. when I gave a breakdown of my mods it was "oh but I have all wheel drive".. blah, where's the who gives a fark icon? So I just had to chuckle.

Get the baddest WRX and I mean you spent $$ on it, get the baddest Vette with a alot of $$ spent and lets see who attracts the most attention. I'd look at old muscle before I look at any import (I dont consider Ferrari's, Porsche, Lamborghini etc imports.. they are in the exotic 'supercar' class which deserves respect on its own).
And very valid points.

I could understand hurting his feelings if this were a WRX forum. Seriously, how could anyone with a 1/4 of a brain come on a Corvette forum and expect everyone to like his little car? It makes no sense at all. The to top it all off sporto believes if you do not respect that awfully goofy looking machine your ignorant or no nothing about cars.

Now, I'm done with this thread as it will die a slow death in OT and let the import kids come praise the joke of a car the WRX.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:30 PM
BartonekDragRacing
Drifting

Originally Posted by Vette Suspension
And very valid points.

I could understand hurting his feelings if this were a WRX forum. Seriously, how could anyone with a 1/4 of a brain come on a Corvette forum and expect everyone to like his little car? It makes no sense at all. The to top it all off sporto believes if you do not respect that awfully goofy looking machine your ignorant or no nothing about cars.

Now, I'm done with this thread as it will die a slow death in OT and let the import kids come praise the joke of a car the WRX.
yea but even in disagreements and even if SJPD is a douche of a cop in Kalifornia.. we're all still brothers man. We all have a common interest in one car (or maybe more?). Surely if we all met somewhere in a bar we wouldnt talk mad $hit.. I'm sure we'd all be cool in person. Internet talk is just that.. talk.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:39 PM
LS3 Mike
Instructor

Nevermind. I should be better than that.

Last edited by LS3 Mike; 06-22-2009 at 09:46 PM.
Old 06-22-2009, 09:41 PM
BartonekDragRacing
Drifting

Are you really done with this thread now Mr Compensation or are you just going to move this statement again?
come on man. edit the post and just move on. this was about a specific incident, specific car. sigh.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:08 PM
Boosted Josh
Melting Slicks

FWIW 330awhp even at 20% drivetrain loss is still only 412hp at the motor.

I don't have a lot of WRX driving experience but I've owned 2 evo's the last with a GT30R and 400awhp. The main thing about them (AWD cars) is how they can make a good driver great. Evo's are way easier to get in and drive fast even in dry conditions than a vette.
Old 06-22-2009, 11:45 PM
beden1
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I agree this thread is in the dumpster. Enjoy your Corvette, and have a great day!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Originally Posted by beden1
I agree this thread is in the dumpster. Enjoy your Corvette, and have a great day!

Quick Reply: Interesting conversation with a WRX Wagon owner