Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

92 Z28 project customization!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 08:46 PM
jmfam26
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92 Z28 project customization!!!

I am starting a post on a 1992 Z28 that I bought and it was rough!!! I was looking nation wide for the best shop to do the work when finally after a horrible set of circumstances on my 07 Z06 because I went to the WRONG shop. I finally found and have been dealing with the Best shop I could have ever imagined. The guys are great! Very personable reliable and they take the time to talk to you and explain everything and believe you me ! have a lot of questions.
Anyways this is my car and my story. I will be posting pics of the car as they come. This car was stripped down to the frame and completely overhauled! I felt like I was dealing with Chip Foose himself. Except these guys don't just make them look good. These guys build race cars!!!!

Last edited by jmfam26; 06-29-2009 at 09:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:48 PM
jmfam26
Advanced

I designed this car to be a comparable car to that of my 2007 Z06 that I have but in an automatic for a change. I wanted the car to be a daily driver but a monster on the track. I also wanted the car to be a show car with a more modernized interior than what you would expect to find with an over head DVD player for the backseat, an in dash navigation system that looks factory, and a rear view camera and sensors for reverse as well as a remote start and many other accessories. The drive train I wanted to be as powerful as the Z06 quick and responsive throttle and a stable cornering car yet docile enough for my wife to pick up our two kids from school in. It has nostalgia for me as I had one before in 93" and lost it in an accident. I am using this to restore what I have lost.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:53 PM
jmfam26
Advanced

Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 PM
jmfam26
Advanced

We are designing or shouldn't I say have designed a new sequential turbo system and my car will be the prototype! A one of a kind! Which is exactly what I wanted in the first place. These guys called me and talked to me all about my driving style and how I intend to use the car and have come up with a plan. This one of a kind twin turbo system with there very own electronic controller and blow off valves. I am sure they will read my pathetic attempt to explain this and then they are more then welcome to correct me but in an essence the smaller turbo will be beginning to spool nearly at an idle and work its way up. When it reaches 15psi a valve will open that will spool up the second turbo will spool up till max rpm!!! We are going for 900hp at red line and maintaining 700 hp in mid range rpm's. :devil: :WTF
We are also using an AEM stand alone computer. More to come on that!!:nuts:
I cant wait to show you all more pics!!!

Get notified of new replies

To 92 Z28 project customization!!!

Quick Reply: 92 Z28 project customization!!!