Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Aveo owners

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
Dans C6
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Aveo owners

Who out there owns a Chevy Aveo. I have a 2008 Aveo LT black metallic auto black interior. 8,700 miles currently. My DD. awesome car for the gas mileage.
Old 09-19-2009, 09:47 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

There was an accident in the paper the other day here where 4 high school girls were on their way to school in the morning. An old woman pulled out onto the roadway without looking, & the driver of the Aveo swerved to avoid hitting the old lady. The Aveo driver crossed the highway & hit a tree at around 35mph. All occupants of the Aveo had on their seatbelts, but all four were killed. I think I`ll keep driving my gas guzzling four wheel drive Dodge pickup.
Old 09-19-2009, 10:05 PM
Dans C6
Melting Slicks

maybe the driver should of been paying more attention!
Old 09-20-2009, 08:35 PM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenv
The Aveo driver crossed the highway & hit a tree at around 35mph. All occupants of the Aveo had on their seatbelts, but all four were killed.
I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but that sounds pretty impossible. Maybe 1 or 2 could die from that, but that's a really slow impact to kill all 4. Maybe the speed was reported incorrectly or something was left out of the story.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:28 AM
Dans C6
Melting Slicks

regardless, I like my "DANGEROUS" dd. great on gas.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:29 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
St. Jude Donor '10

[QUOTE=stic5;1571562503]I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but that sounds pretty impossible. Maybe 1 or 2 could die from that, but that's a really slow impact to kill all 4. Maybe the speed was reported incorrectly or something was left out of the story.[/QUOTE

Ummm, not telling the truth, really? Im just reporting the story as it appeared in the local paper. There was a pic, & the only way you could tell what that sardine can was, was by looking at what was left of the trunk lid which was bent forward into the trunk area. Drive whatever you want. There are folks who think that the smart car is safe also
Old 09-25-2009, 12:01 AM
stic5
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=kenv;1571605741]
Originally Posted by stic5
I'm not saying you're not telling the truth, but that sounds pretty impossible. Maybe 1 or 2 could die from that, but that's a really slow impact to kill all 4. Maybe the speed was reported incorrectly or something was left out of the story.[/QUOTE

Ummm, not telling the truth, really? Im just reporting the story as it appeared in the local paper. There was a pic, & the only way you could tell what that sardine can was, was by looking at what was left of the trunk lid which was bent forward into the trunk area. Drive whatever you want. There are folks who think that the smart car is safe also
Like I said... I'm sure you ARE telling the truth and recounting a story as you read it. I'm just saying the facts in the story had to be wrong. A 35 mph crash doesn't crunch an Aveo into recycled metal. The physics just don't work. That's the newspaper or police's fault, not yours.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

[QUOTE=stic5;1571611428]
Originally Posted by kenv

Like I said... I'm sure you ARE telling the truth and recounting a story as you read it. I'm just saying the facts in the story had to be wrong. A 35 mph crash doesn't crunch an Aveo into recycled metal. The physics just don't work. That's the newspaper or police's fault, not yours.

Get notified of new replies

To Aveo owners

Quick Reply: Aveo owners