Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2010 Jeep SRT-8 Owners?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2009, 11:46 PM
Evilways
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 07 SRT8 Jeep is great....when it's not messing up. Since the 30,000 mile mark (warranty is up @ 30K)about 13K miles ago, the pass. cat has gone bad, the head and tail lights have all went out and needed replacing, the transmission control modual and eletronic control modual have both needed replacing, the head unit goes nuts sometimes, then completely blank( haven't fixed it, still works the radio/nav/sat when you can see it), two 02 sensors have bit the bullet, the back up camera has needed servicing,t-stat died,new squeaks and pops everyday it seems,brake pads are crazy expensive and need replacing about every 20K miles, the hood strut is shot, the radiator cap blew it's gasket and all three wiper blades basically fell apart and needed replacing....but the first 30K miles were nice. Lots of torque, quick, agile for a big vehicle. I just would have traded it in at 29,999 if I had known.......
Old 12-05-2009, 11:08 AM
stic5
Pro

Originally Posted by Evilways
My 07 SRT8 Jeep is great....when it's not messing up. Since the 30,000 mile mark (warranty is up @ 30K)about 13K miles ago, the pass. cat has gone bad, the head and tail lights have all went out and needed replacing, the transmission control modual and eletronic control modual have both needed replacing, the head unit goes nuts sometimes, then completely blank( haven't fixed it, still works the radio/nav/sat when you can see it), two 02 sensors have bit the bullet, the back up camera has needed servicing,t-stat died,new squeaks and pops everyday it seems,brake pads are crazy expensive and need replacing about every 20K miles, the hood strut is shot, the radiator cap blew it's gasket and all three wiper blades basically fell apart and needed replacing....but the first 30K miles were nice. Lots of torque, quick, agile for a big vehicle. I just would have traded it in at 29,999 if I had known.......
Wow... we haven't had any problems with our regular '07 Grand Cherokee at @ 20k miles so far, but your stories make me even more glad that we didn't opt for an SRT8. Sounds like we are going to need all the warranty we can get, and SRT8s don't have lifetime powertrain.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:56 PM
09maxima
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you kidding? Wow...Well my choices right now for different reasons obviously are:

(all new)

Jeep SRT8 loaded
Corvette coupe 2LT or 3LT with Nav
370Z loaded

The 370z is the most reliable and holds value best. The vette is most fun, and the SRT8 is best of all worlds being in the Northeast. Very tough call.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:22 PM
Evilways
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by 09maxima
Are you kidding? Wow...Well my choices right now for different reasons obviously are:

(all new)

Jeep SRT8 loaded
Corvette coupe 2LT or 3LT with Nav
370Z loaded

The 370z is the most reliable and holds value best. The vette is most fun, and the SRT8 is best of all worlds being in the Northeast. Very tough call.
Well, if those are the options, and cargo/passenger occupancy isn't an issue, it's all Vette...hands down. Of course, bad weather will park it most likely. The SRT8 Jeep is ..ok ...in bad weather/ice/snow..but it's a little more tricky than most AWD/4WDs I've driven in inclement weather. The tail really wants to come around alot , reguardless of AWD. Could be the massive 285/40/20's on the rears and using runflats, which the vette has too...they are not very good in cold temps.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:26 PM
09maxima
Instructor

The 370Z is the most sensible of the not sensible choices, but I want to get back into a V8.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:25 AM
rutiger
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Evilways
what kind of pads are you buying? i bought new rears only because the stockers were squealing and paid like 80 bucks for the set. ours is at 25k miles. hope it doesn't fall apart like yours apparently is.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:04 PM
09maxima
Instructor

Well here I am a week later got all my numbers and trades ready...now it's either SRT8 or I head to Chevy and pick up a 2LT Vette for 0% rate...
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
kev1n
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just don't like the look nor the interior of those jeeps. I wish they made an SRT8 Commander.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:02 PM
09maxima
Instructor

Still havent made the decision....went to the dealer to test drive SRT8 and was told i need to put down a deposit of $1000???...and the annoying part is that only that dealer had one in stock...The locater shows very few in stock at all.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:49 PM
tomsws6
Burning Brakes

these guys can point ya in the right direction..

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/index.php
Old 01-29-2010, 12:55 PM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

Still havent made the decision....went to the dealer to test drive SRT8 and was told i need to put down a deposit of $1000???...and the annoying part is that only that dealer had one in stock...The locater shows very few in stock at all.
Screw them! I'd buy the Vette, take it back to them and tell them you woud've bought the Jeep had they let you test drive it. I hope you laughed in their face when they told you that. Damn I HATE car dealers like that!
Old 01-29-2010, 04:54 PM
stic5
Pro

Wow that's awful. Please don't buy a vehicle from them. If you must get an SRT8, drive to another dealer that has one. Those are the kinds of dealers that should have gone under last year.
Old 02-19-2010, 07:26 PM
09maxima
Instructor

Thanks the SRT forum is great lot of info. I ended up waiting out winter more since the car will be outside and Jeep just announced 1000 bonus cash on top of the 0% for 60. Going tomorrow AM to see what kind of deal I can make. I have two dealers to go to with the trade/etc so hopefully they put numbers in front of me that work. The biggest problem is that the SRTs just aren't a big stock item, even tomorrow neither dealer has one, so it's a dealer swap situation but they are both solid reputable dealers so it's not a huge deal. I just like to go to a lot and see 2-3 of the same car that I can choose, buy it there, etc. This has kind of held me back, but tomorrow we will see.

Last edited by 09maxima; 02-19-2010 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:25 PM
ryguy84
Pro

Selling mine I love it but my heart belongs with vettes.
http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=38007

Quick Reply: 2010 Jeep SRT-8 Owners?