Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

TRy Again.............LS9 Lite

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 05:17 AM
CPG1962
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '09-'10
Default TRy Again.............LS9 Lite

OK OK I know this is not a ZR1 but I have tried the "Other Car" forum with no response. I am on my second CTSV (Previous2009) and decided to upgrade my 2010 with a pulley change AR headers w/cats, Lingenfelter package (includes pulley , CAI, etc) and other goodies including hotter plugs and wires.

I figure the CTSV is 475 RW stock. With my additions and a 3 psi boost I figure including the addition of the headers the following 60 HP - 20 (header loss) + 60 (header and CAI Gain) = 100 RWHP gain. Does thsi dound about right? This would place the car at 575 RWHP = 6.86HP/#.

The Z06 (I do have one BTW) would come in at 7.00 hp/#. I have an automatic so I guess I may give a Z a strong run for its $$$.

What do y'all think.

BTW: My 1st CTSV did not have the Recaro seats - what a mistake - I had heard they werent as comfortable - Wrong! This car rocks! I am really after the new Panamera Turbo. With the right tires I think I'll have em beat. The Porsche interior beats the CTSV hands but the CTSV is no slouch either and it is American Made

You gotta be careful of those P cars though. They do know how to build a car. The new PDK tranny is a force to reckoned with. I have a 2009 997 TT with upgrades bringing it to ~ 600 AWHP and man its a beast. Definetely will smack a Z through 100MPH (on the track of course) but what about the ZR1? Given the minimal difference (0-60, 0-100) between the ZR1 and the Z06 I think my 997 will run it VERY close.

Back to my orgininal question. Will The upgrades on the CTSV smack the Z car? Are my #'s accurate?

Disclaimer: this is not a vette slam - I love my Z and she and I will never part. Too much time and effort in upgrades make it one of a kind.

I am attending Bonderant on March 1 for their 4 days Grand Prix school. Definitely looking forward to it. I'm looking forward to times (When I learn what I am doing) on the track of the Z versus the 997.

Y'all have seen pics of my Z but here are some of the P-car.

Oops - no pics today - Photobucket is down for maintenance - I will try later.

Last edited by CPG1962; 12-10-2009 at 05:23 AM.

Quick Reply: TRy Again.............LS9 Lite