Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

69 old culass s vert w/air #match

Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

69 old culass s vert w/air #match

Old 12-22-2009, 11:16 AM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69 old culass s vert w/air #match

A LITTLE HELP from you knowledgable members here I have an oppurtunity to purchase this automobile I have known this car for 15 years it was restored back in 1986-87 has maybe 8k on the car I cant find any signs of rust leaks absolutely nothing if I had to rate it it would be A 9 iT HAS BEEN DRIVEN MAYBE 8 TIMES ONCE A YEAR FOR THE PAST 8-9 YEARS AND ITS BEEN ME TO DRIVE IT 10-20 MILES. WHAT IS IT WORTH PAINT IS FLAWLESS 350ROCKET MY GUESS A 400 TRANS BENCH SEAT FLAWLESS INTERIOR AND TOP. NOT SURE BUT i DONT THINK IT HAS FRONT DISC but it has PS PB PW AND AIR 1969 cutlass S
VERT W/AIR ORIGINAL

Car sits in a clean garage with several covers on it and stays there 99% of the time we pull it and wash it drive it 10-20 miles and put it away I hate seeing it sit there and now after 15 years I can buy it WHATS IT WORTH.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:18 PM
RagTop69
CF Senior Member

check www.nadaguides.com. Since NADA stands for the National Automobile Dealer's Association, you have to take their selling prices with a grain of salt.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:09 PM
CorvetteMike2004
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Pics

We need pics. Hard to guess without pics.
Old 12-22-2009, 11:22 PM
RapidRick
CF Senior Member

Yea, pics are important.
Those are sweet rides.
350 motor w/Automatic came with Turbo 350 Trans.in the Cutlass series, as the T400 would be found in the 442 along with one of the available 400 c.i. motor's in '69.

What color it is, or was originally?

For instance, I don't care how clean a Brown metallic Cutlass ragtop is with let's say a (common for the day) Black bench or Bucket interior.

It won't be saleable/valuable for the same money as a Red or Silver,etc. colors in the same condition.

Keep us posted.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:54 PM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69 olds S

GUYS I STILL HAVENT PULLED IT OUT YET WEATHER IS NOT THE BEST HERE IN ATLANTA WILL POST A PIC i WILL SEND ONE TO MODERATOR I cant figure how to attach one here.
Old 01-22-2010, 01:53 PM
angel71rs
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Kryptonite View Post
I cant figure how to attach one here.
It's easy to use a place like photobucket to post your pics. Just open an account with them (free):

http://photobucket.com/

When you upload a pic, photobucket will automatically generate an IMG code. Copy/paste that code here and it will link the pics to your thread.

Good Olds info site:

http://www.realoldspower.com/phpBB2/index.php
Old 01-22-2010, 02:57 PM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69 olds s

Old 01-22-2010, 02:58 PM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69olds s

whatcha think
Old 01-22-2010, 03:11 PM
BAT
CF Senior Member

whatcha think
Pic looks a little dated, is it recent? It looks good for what you provided but is that all? More detailed pics? Close up?

Oh, and punctuation goes a long way.
Old 01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69 cutlass S

THIS IS WHAT THE CAR LOOKS LIKE EVERY year when I pull it out and wash it and drive it. I dont drive it much because it doesnt belong to me. I have known the owner for 25+ years and Im going to try and buy it hopefully spring. Its a 350 54k leather interior bench seat column shift AC CAR. I will dig it out again soon and take more detailed pics motor interior and exterior this car is as good as the pics. I wanted get opinions IF U WERE INTERESTED IN BUYING THIS CAR HOW HIGH WOULD YOU GO AND CONSIDER IT A #9 OUT OF 10 being prestine condition THEY ARE LOOKING FOR 20K I have to say Im alittle jaded on this one it would mean great sentimental value to me if I bought it Id never sell it. I started to buy it back in 1995 he wanted 16k I couldnt afford it and it looked as it does now back then. He had an appraisal done in 1995 it was 14k.http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/i...SCAN0001-1.jpg

Last edited by Kryptonite; 01-22-2010 at 03:27 PM. Reason: pic
Old 01-23-2010, 09:06 AM
RapidRick
CF Senior Member

Still can't make out the color. Black? Dk.Blue?

Original color repaint? or changed color?

Interiors are vinyl tho, and not leather (back then).

What make this car special is that it's a ragtop.
Also a popular model that the public loved back then, and to this day.

Tho not worth as much as a Bucket seat model, or a "442", in this market it would be "all the money" at $20k, in my opinion.

Considering what I've seen on the Barrett Jackson Auction earlier this week, confirms that for me.

I think since you have been close to and helpful to this family/owner over the years, the only way FOR YOU to buy this car "right" would be to go with a paper bag and $15k cash in it.

Otherwise if it's in fact a Black car with black, red, tan or white interior, then at $20k, the owner(s) will probably advertise it publically and nationally and cut you out when the real $17-$18k offers come in.

Again that is in this market.
Next year or two?....who knows....Good Luck.
btw, tho I now know where it came from, I didn't really understand the pm...
Old 01-29-2010, 11:09 AM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69 cutlass S

I thought u guys would be pleased.
Old 02-23-2010, 02:04 PM
Kryptonite
CF Senior Member

Default 69

this car is not matching # and is now for sale here in ga on c-list for 20k
or best offer. I drove it last weekend and it runs great brakes are good and the trans has a kit it catches a good 2nd I just could not afford it. I had to be realistic I couldnt offer anymore than 12.
oh yea the color is a smoke gray metallic paint is awesome with original seats no recover. Check the add its located in Marietta Ga Thanks

Last edited by Kryptonite; 02-23-2010 at 02:15 PM. Reason: misspelling
Old 02-24-2010, 09:09 AM
RapidRick
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by RapidRick View Post
Still can't make out the color. Black? Dk.Blue?

Original color repaint? or changed color?

Interiors are vinyl tho, and not leather (back then).

What make this car special is that it's a ragtop.
Also a popular model that the public loved back then, and to this day.

Tho not worth as much as a Bucket seat model, or a "442", in this market it would be "all the money" at $20k, in my opinion.

Considering what I've seen on the Barrett Jackson Auction earlier this week, confirms that for me.

I think since you have been close to and helpful to this family/owner over the years, the only way FOR YOU to buy this car "right" would be to go with a paper bag and $15k cash in it.

Otherwise if it's in fact a Black car with black, red, tan or white interior, then at $20k, the owner(s) will probably advertise it publically and nationally and cut you out when the real $17-$18k offers come in.

Again that is in this market.
Next year or two?....who knows....Good Luck.
I had a feeling this would happen. Look at the $ Dollar amount too. I don't think they'll get near $20k for that cutlass.

Look, right now in this market, you can find 442's, tho not convertibles for $12G's cash if you look. Personally, I've owned three 67's(ragtop, post cpe, hardtop) and a '70 W-25 post cpe). The 67's are cool. look at the hood, etc.

this car is not matching # and is now for sale here in ga on c-list for 20k
or best offer. I drove it last weekend and it runs great brakes are good and the trans has a kit it catches a good 2nd I just could not afford it. I had to be realistic I couldnt offer anymore than 12.
oh yea the color is a smoke gray metallic paint is awesome with original seats no recover. Check the add its located in Marietta Ga Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 69 old culass s vert w/air #match

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: