Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

C6 and Lexus LS 460

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 01:23 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

[QUOTE=pTr73;1572672845]
Originally Posted by pTr73

Now you are trying to twist things! I dont contradict myself as you do. You claim your a patriot but you buy japanese cars, I dont... Do you have one of those American flags on it too? That looks even more contradictory dont you think? And as I said there are some things you cant avoid buying that are domestic. But I try to avoid it 99% of the time, you dont!

I support my country's economy and buy domestic not foreign. And stop bringing up my keyboard. Microsoft is an american company, and if it was manufactured in china does that make it chinese then? No! Just as your dad's honda was manufactured in Greensburg, Indiana its still japanese isnt it? Doesnt japan get the proceeds?

Its a paid holiday, so I sat home and was paid for the day!
No you dont buy japanese cars but you buy japanese products and dont have a problem with it and still consider yourself patriotic. So you wouldnt have a problem putting a America flag sticker on your microsoft keyboard next to the made in china sticker? I guess just as long as that microsoft sticker is on the front and that made in china is in the back where you dont see it so you can tell yourself its a American product.

So let me get this straight. You rather buy a American made product buy a American company who sent there jobs out of America and you rather support chinese labor then buying a product that was made buy a American and therefore supporting American blue collar workers? So screw that American Honda Autoworker making a living in America, you rather support a chinese worker because he is making a keyboard for microsoft. You are a true patriot. If you dont think you are contradicting yourself I dont know what to say. I am the one not contradict my self, I buy what I think is the best product I can afford, American or imported, and that is the American way and it doesnt make me any less of a patriot.

And like I said, I bet the products you cant avoid buying that are not American are not necessities in life, but somehow you get to pick and chose what import products are OK to buy(sony and panasonic) and still be patriotic. I wanted navagation with a intergrated bluetooth on my wifes and my car. Show me what 2006 american cars had that in my $30000-$39000 price range and in a Lexus IS350 size car, hell my 2008 $78000 corvette doesnt even have it with its nav. But I should have stil bought a Cadillac and done without that option if I was patriotic. But you somehow can buy sony or panasonic when the American option you want isnt out there and still be a patriot.

So someone that is so much more patiotic then my wife and I sat home and did nothing during veterans day, I showed you what us unpatiotic people did on our day off. You would have thought you would have at least gone shopping for american products to show your support for America on one of its most patriotic holidays.

The other difference between you and I and every other American that is and has worn the uniform is we were and are willing to make the ultimate sacrifice for our country and just because some of us drive imports you think your more patriotic then us because you go shopping.

So tell me what sony and or panasonic product did you "have" to own that you would be willing to sell out your country?

Last edited by dbhajek; 01-07-2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:07 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dbhajek

No you dont buy japanese cars but you buy japanese products and dont have a problem with it and still consider yourself patriotic. So you wouldnt have a problem putting a America flag sticker on your microsoft keyboard next to the made in china sticker? I guess just as long as that microsoft sticker is on the front and that made in china is in the back where you dont see it so you can tell yourself its a American product.
I bought the microsoft as there were other choices (foreign keyboards) but I still went with the microsoft. You on the other hand bought a japanese car when there were other choices, um lets see, GM, Buick, Ford, Lincoln etc. But no you chose to buy foreign but you are such a patriot right?

I dont think you fully understand how the economy works...

I found this on a site here is a link to the debate.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8223725AAS1GLR

According to forbes:
Forbes:"Level Field Institute (LFI), a group representing U.S.-based automakers and suppliers... says that buying a domestic-brand car, even if it’s produced elsewhere, supports significantly more U.S. jobs than buying a foreign-brand car that’s assembled in the U.S., as most of the lucrative engineering, design and executive jobs of foreign car companies are still located overseas. For example, LFI says that buying a Ford Fusion assembled in Mexico will support about six times as many jobs as a Hyundai Sonata assembled in Alabama. "
(same thing goes with electronics i.e. keyboards)

Also, China refuses to let most companies sell products in China if the company does not make a factory there. Microsoft was forced to hire Chinese workers just to sell Windows and Office there. Also, Motorola couldn't sell U.S. made cell phones in China. Motorola now sells Chinese made Motorola cell phones in China. Since Motorola taught China how to make cell phones, there are now Chinese cell phone makers that now compete with Motorola. (Cellphones were invented in America decades ago)

Now do you finally see how unpatriotic it is to buy a product with a foreign name on it regardless of where it was manufactured??

I buy american when I can, especially products that hold an american name. Sometimes I cant because that is what global economy is today, just as our products are sold overseas. But the thing is most countries hate us and boycott our products so why dont we return the favor?

You can respond if you like but I am not going to keep going back and forth about this.. Let the info I provided reflect on what I been arguing about all along. So enjoy your Lexus and the support for the country that benefited from your purchase! (Which is japan in this case)

Have a good day!

Last edited by pTr73; 01-08-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:12 PM
dbhajek
Pro

I bought the microsoft as there were other choices (foreign keyboards) but I still went with the microsoft. You on the other hand bought a japanese car when there were other choices, um lets see, GM, Buick, Ford, Lincoln etc. But no you chose to buy foreign but you are such a patriot right?

I dont think you fully understand how the economy works...

I found this on a site here is a link to the debate.
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/in...8223725AAS1GLR

According to forbes:
Forbes:"Level Field Institute (LFI), a group representing U.S.-based automakers and suppliers... says that buying a domestic-brand car, even if it’s produced elsewhere, supports significantly more U.S. jobs than buying a foreign-brand car that’s assembled in the U.S., as most of the lucrative engineering, design and executive jobs of foreign car companies are still located overseas. For example, LFI says that buying a Ford Fusion assembled in Mexico will support about six times as many jobs as a Hyundai Sonata assembled in Alabama. "
(same thing goes with electronics i.e. keyboards)

Also, China refuses to let most companies sell products in China if the company does not make a factory there. Microsoft was forced to hire Chinese workers just to sell Windows and Office there. Also, Motorola couldn't sell U.S. made cell phones in China. Motorola now sells Chinese made Motorola cell phones in China. Since Motorola taught China how to make cell phones, there are now Chinese cell phone makers that now compete with Motorola. (Cellphones were invented in America decades ago)

Now do you finally see how unpatriotic it is to buy a product with a foreign name on it regardless of where it was manufactured??

I buy american when I can, especially products that hold an american name. Sometimes I cant because that is what global economy is today, just as our products are sold overseas. But the thing is most countries hate us and boycott our products so why dont we return the favor?

You can respond if you like but I am not going to keep going back and forth about this.. Let the info I provided reflect on what I been arguing about all along. So enjoy your Lexus and the support for the country that benefited from your purchase! (Which is japan in this case)

Have a good day!
Again, GM, Buick, Ford, Lincoln didnt have the option I wanted but my toyota and honda did. So some how you get to pick and chose when it OK to buy imported products but no one else can.

Like I said, screw that American Honda Auto worker making a living in America. I am a patriot so my money is going to china since its a microsoft product and they were forced to put a plant in china. And forbes says I am right in doing it. You are such a patriot.

Like you I think I have proven my point also, there is more to being a patriot then just going out shopping. You sitting at home during Veterens Day while some of us were actually part of veterens day is one of them. You buying Microsoft keyboards made in China and sony and panasonic products, I am sure what ever sony and panasonic products you have are a necessity in your life, I hope you didnt sell out for just a TV that was made in japan.

I would have never had a problem if you came on here and said I feel like I am doing my country good by trying to buy american products instead of buyng imports. The problem I have is when you came on here and said I am more of a patriot then you because you drive a honda, and that is a joke and I think I have more then proven that.

Let me correct myself Your like a vegetarian who goes around telling non vegetarian how better you are then them but keep eating bigmacs since you love them so much and you justify it with eating a salad on the side.

If you really believe in this Buying America, jump all in, not just up to your chest. Then you would have my respect, but I am sure you wont because there is a limit to how far you will take your patriotism. That is not a option for someone who wheres the military uniform.

So think about this tonight while you are sitting in your heated house and after you surf the web using your made in china keyboard then watch a movie on your made in japan TV, then then get into your nice warm bed. There is a soldier in Afghanistan sleeping in a sleeping bad on the ground in a really crap and hostile envirenment and just because he chose to put a honda in his driveway and you have a corvette in yours that doesnt make you more patriotic then him, but I think deep inside you know that you just arent man enouph to admit it.

Last edited by dbhajek; 01-08-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:13 PM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Originally Posted by dbhajek
Again, GM, Buick, Ford, Lincoln didnt have the option I wanted but my toyota and honda did.
Let me guess GM, Buick, Ford and Lincoln didnt have an option that your toyota and honda did, which was what? The ability to jump over cars in gridlock like nightrider right?

Gimme a break, where do you come up with this stuff?
Old 01-08-2010, 05:27 PM
dbhajek
Pro

Let me guess GM, Buick, Ford and Lincoln didnt have an option that your toyota and honda did, which was what? The ability to jump over cars in gridlock like nightrider right?

Gimme a break, where do you come up with this stuff?
Navagation with a intergrated bluetooth also aux input for my ipod, Ventilated front seats in a compact sedan in 2006. Let me know what you find.

I get this stuff the same place you get the idea that you are more of a patriot then a American soldier who drove a honda and died for his country because you drive a chevy.

Last edited by dbhajek; 01-08-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 01-16-2010, 05:07 PM
mrtoner
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GregC6
I agree, my pops has a 07 LS460 we bought new and that car is quiet, and only rattle was from a speaker cover, which there is a TSB for
looks like your son got a lemon or that car was previously wrecked or flooded
definetly bring it to the dealer

as to fit and finish...it is light years ahead of the vette, the leather is a lot nicer, center console is solid etc..if he has all the packages his center console should be leather wrapped, and side door are wrapped with nice and soft leather, just like on my dad's car
Thanks for the feedback.

He bought this new, and I thought Lexus did NOT make lemons?

My point was that any car can have issues, but after hearing the C6 radio bezel knocked for being plastic, and then seeing the same thing in the Lexus, I wondered if criticism was selective.

Since his car cost $30K more than mine, it SHOULD be more luxurious, quiet, etc......
Old 01-22-2010, 05:33 PM
prinzSD455
Safety Car

Received 110 Likes on 69 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

My wifes RX300 with 122,000 miles just developed a rattle in the right side of the dashboard ans some sort of noise from the rear hatch areas and we replaced warped rotors two times. Both my uncles drive Camrys and both complain that they have a rattle in the same spot of their dashboard. My mother in laws Prius has a rattle in the dash as well. Both my Trans Ams and my Corvette have rattles. As of yet our 74,000 miles 2004 Grand Prix is rattle free. I maintain cars are not built like they used to be.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:40 AM
pTr73
Melting Slicks

Every car has issues no matter what make, model or manufacturer it was produced from. I just dont like when people always seem to bash american made cars. Then say American cars are inferior quality. And then claim that japanese make better vehicles, when tons of japanese cars are in repair shops for malfunctions and failures.
Old 01-23-2010, 11:55 AM
dbhajek
Pro

Every car has issues no matter what make, model or manufacturer it was produced from. I just dont like when people always seem to bash american made cars. Then say American cars are inferior quality. And then claim that japanese make better vehicles, when tons of japanese cars are in repair shops for malfunctions and failures.
So did you ever find a Navagation with a intergrated bluetooth also aux input for my ipod, Ventilated front seats in a small sedan in a 2006 model with GM, Buick, Ford, Lincoln to prove me wrong?

Quick Reply: C6 and Lexus LS 460