Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Inquiring Minds want to know.......

Old 01-06-2010, 10:20 AM
jonn127
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Inquiring Minds want to know.......

Just how the heck is Ford going to sell any more of their 2010 mustangs, with next years models getting about 100hp increase in both the V6 and V8 models? Are they just going to have to discount the h*ll out of them or how is that going to work for them? Now you have to jump up to a 2010 Roush 427 or Saleen to just be a tad above the 2011?
Old 01-06-2010, 02:53 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Discounts on the current models, and dealer's telling shoppers "there will be big price increases, so you'd better buy one now" is the usual approach. Plus, the majority of Mustang buyers (esp V6's) aren't always driven by 100hp more. If they drive the current one, and it seems fast enough for them, and they're getting a "special deal", that's often enough to seal the deal.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:45 PM
RapidRick
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

....yea, and the big rebates as well.
Old 01-06-2010, 06:25 PM
Indy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are tons of people who know nothing about cars...the dealers surely won't tell everyone interested in a Mustang that a new one is coming out next year. Believe me, a lot of Stang owners don't even know how many cylinders their car has...if you look at the "average" Mustang owner, they are young women, especially with the V6 models. They just buy a Mustang, because they think it's cool to drive a "sports car"... I have seen old ladies in Mustangs more often than I can count...very weird feeling. Must be a "late life crisis"... good for them :o
Old 01-06-2010, 06:33 PM
PaintballaXX
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not just more power but better fuel efficiency, a very important selling point for the new v6. I feel sorry for the older guys who are, in fact, car guys but aren't internet guys; the ones who just bought a new mustang gt.

Get notified of new replies

To Inquiring Minds want to know.......

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Inquiring Minds want to know.......