Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

okay, so i'm looking under the hood of this 2001 VW Jetta

Old 01-21-2010, 07:42 PM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 699 Likes on 588 Posts

Default okay, so i'm looking under the hood of this 2001 VW Jetta

...and the thing looks so foreign to me - wait a minute it is foreign . anyway, it's my grandson's girlfriends car, 2001 Jetta, auto w/ air, 2.0L, and it got somewhat of a heating problem. after about 15-20 minutes, the thing starts to overheat. the top radiator hose is hot, and the bottom hose in cold, so i'm thinking the thermostat is stuck closed. anyway, i'm hopping that's all that it is. the only other thing i can think of is a clogged radiator, but i'm not sure how this thing flows water, so i can't count out the waterpump. looking for some suggestions, comments, or plain help here. the kid dosen't really have any money, and i'm not sure how i got stuck with trying to get this thing fixed... HELP - damn, i'm getting too old for this...
Old 01-21-2010, 08:56 PM
bob guzzy
Safety Car

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts

I would put a stat in it, make sure the new stat has a bleeder hole or drill one if you have to.
Old 01-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Bad thermostat
Old 01-22-2010, 04:39 PM
JLC629
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe C
...and the thing looks so foreign to me - wait a minute it is foreign . anyway, it's my grandson's girlfriends car, 2001 Jetta, auto w/ air, 2.0L, and it got somewhat of a heating problem. after about 15-20 minutes, the thing starts to overheat. the top radiator hose is hot, and the bottom hose in cold, so i'm thinking the thermostat is stuck closed. anyway, i'm hopping that's all that it is. the only other thing i can think of is a clogged radiator, but i'm not sure how this thing flows water, so i can't count out the waterpump. looking for some suggestions, comments, or plain help here. the kid dosen't really have any money, and i'm not sure how i got stuck with trying to get this thing fixed... HELP - damn, i'm getting too old for this...
That's what you're for pap.

Get notified of new replies

To okay, so i'm looking under the hood of this 2001 VW Jetta

Search this Thread