Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New ride arrived yesterday....

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 07:59 PM
RED HAWK
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LostAngel
Here is a youtube video of the run.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLW5HQShHRA
The differences are the following:

1). The ACR is faster period.
2). The ACR can laps for 24 hours.
3). The GT-R will blow up within 24 hours.

My first car was a Datsun 240Z that I loved. However, nothing beats a VIPER for speed and bullet proof reliability. VIPERS are STRONG.
Old 02-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Woah!

Nice!
Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 AM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by pappy.72
The ACR did the Nurburgring in a record 7:22 which is awesome but the Nissan does a 7:26. Very close in my eyes and the Nissan has a back seat and can be driven in the snow as a daily driver. Pretty impressive. Still different monsters. ACR FTW regardless.
You bring up some valid points regarding the Nissan but in all honestly they are two totally different animals, the GTR is one of those "fool proof" cars that will yield good results in the hands of even the least skilled driver...... the viper is a raw "race car" that demands respect and skill to get the best numbers, its a challenge to drive. I personally would never even consider a GTR purchase as I feel the car would not deliver the "fun factor" for very long where an edgy car like the Viper will keep you on your toes.

And BTW.... if you tried to drive that GTR in the snow on those stock tires it would be a nightmare.... just because something is all wheel drive doesnt automatically translate into a great winter car. I have multiple friends with x drive bimmers and quattro audis that opted for the factory high performance summer tires on the larger factory wheels and thought they were going to just blaze through the snow..... didnt happen Its always good to use the proper tool for the job, a performance car (whether it be all wheel, front wheel or rear wheel drive) should be fitted with a winter/snow tire for the winter season or at the very least a good all season tire.
Old 02-08-2010, 09:03 AM
pappy.72
Le Mans Master

Received 45 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by MVR 155
You bring up some valid points regarding the Nissan but in all honestly they are two totally different animals, the GTR is one of those "fool proof" cars that will yield good results in the hands of even the least skilled driver...... the viper is a raw "race car" that demands respect and skill to get the best numbers, its a challenge to drive. I personally would never even consider a GTR purchase as I feel the car would not deliver the "fun factor" for very long where an edgy car like the Viper will keep you on your toes.

And BTW.... if you tried to drive that GTR in the snow on those stock tires it would be a nightmare.... just because something is all wheel drive doesnt automatically translate into a great winter car. I have multiple friends with x drive bimmers and quattro audis that opted for the factory high performance summer tires on the larger factory wheels and thought they were going to just blaze through the snow..... didnt happen Its always good to use the proper tool for the job, a performance car (whether it be all wheel, front wheel or rear wheel drive) should be fitted with a winter/snow tire for the winter season or at the very least a good all season tire.

Wow, everyone takes things sooooo personally. "I want to see a link to that time on the track" Waaahhhhh, "I don't believe anything could be that close to my all mighty Viper." Also, I did say they were two different animals and as for driving it daily with snow, I said that you CAN do it. Snow tires would be an easy addition and would be expected of course. I also said that they ARE two different animals and that I would prefer the Viper myself. Get your Viper panties out of a bunch and enjoy all cars guys. Another thing, as you can see the OP did buy the GTR first.
Old 02-08-2010, 11:51 AM
Kebrock
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11

Baddazz car.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:36 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

Originally Posted by pappy.72
Wow, everyone takes things sooooo personally. "I want to see a link to that time on the track" Waaahhhhh, "I don't believe anything could be that close to my all mighty Viper." Also, I did say they were two different animals and as for driving it daily with snow, I said that you CAN do it. Snow tires would be an easy addition and would be expected of course. I also said that they ARE two different animals and that I would prefer the Viper myself. Get your Viper panties out of a bunch and enjoy all cars guys. Another thing, as you can see the OP did buy the GTR first.
Panties in a bunch.....where did I get upset about anything? I was agreeing with you for the most part, I didnt ask you for a link to your claim on the GTR's time, I do respect the GTR, its an awesome car with some amazing engineering, its just not for me personally as I think I would get bored of it quickly??? I replied to your post with complete respect and you come back at me like a complete A$$hole.... your the one with your panties in a twist.... too much coffee this morning????
Old 02-08-2010, 06:34 PM
Rob Willis
Safety Car

Received 121 Likes on 63 Posts

Badass! Congrats.

I love the new green you can get on the ACR!
Old 02-08-2010, 09:35 PM
RED HAWK
Racer

Originally Posted by Rob Willis
Badass! Congrats.

Anaconda Green.
Old 02-09-2010, 08:36 AM
PA Z06
Safety Car

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Love the new ACR's. Congrats
Old 02-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice ACR very aggressive looking!!!!!!!!
Old 02-15-2010, 08:43 AM
JDMUSCLE
Drifting

Received 105 Likes on 64 Posts

Very interesting color combo.... I love it!!! Lots of good luck with it!!
Old 02-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Originally Posted by RED HAWK
Anaconda Green.
Probably meant Snakeskin Green

Congrats on your new beast...badazz!
Old 02-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Epik
Heel & Toe

Sick looking GTR.

The 7:26 time is old news, you should be able to find all sorts of sources, just google: http://jalopnik.com/5226034/2010-nis...g-time-to-7267

Also, the ACR is barely a street legal car with the sole purpose of getting a fast lap time and it shouldn't be discussed in the same breath as the GTR and ZR1 both getting 7:26 because it's not as impressive when you strip the car of almost everything. Shortened gearing, DOT R compound tires, etc.

Same treatment with ZR1 and GTR would smoke it at the ring, let's be honest.

Last edited by Epik; 02-16-2010 at 11:59 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 02:19 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MVR 155
I have multiple friends with x drive bimmers and quattro audis that opted for the factory high performance summer tires on the larger factory wheels and thought they were going to just blaze through the snow..... didnt happen
But they can blaze through the snow... They just can't turn or stop so well!

We see that up here in the Pacific NW all the time... people thinking all wheel drive automatically means they can drive in the 3-4 days of snow that we have here. Those are usually the cars that are abandoned at the sides of the highway until the snow and underlying ice clears the next day!
Old 02-17-2010, 08:43 PM
RED HAWK
Racer

Originally Posted by Scratch
Probably meant Snakeskin Green

Congrats on your new beast...badazz!
I know what I meant. The newest green for the ACR is Anaconda Green.
Old 02-17-2010, 08:49 PM
RED HAWK
Racer

Originally Posted by Epik
Sick looking GTR.

The 7:26 time is old news, you should be able to find all sorts of sources, just google: http://jalopnik.com/5226034/2010-nis...g-time-to-7267

Also, the ACR is barely a street legal car with the sole purpose of getting a fast lap time and it shouldn't be discussed in the same breath as the GTR and ZR1 both getting 7:26 because it's not as impressive when you strip the car of almost everything. Shortened gearing, DOT R compound tires, etc.

Same treatment with ZR1 and GTR would smoke it at the ring, let's be honest.
Sounds like sour grapes to me. The ACR is a street legal production car. The ACR holds the record. BTW, the ACR had street stock 3.07 gears. It's the GTR and ZR1 with shorter gearing. Better read up on your facts poor loser. They have a new version of the ACR with shorter gears being produced now that gets it to 200 MPH 14 seconds faster. Can you say new record at the Ring?
Old 02-18-2010, 09:01 PM
Scratch
Team Owner

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'09

Originally Posted by RED HAWK
I know what I meant. The newest green for the ACR is Anaconda Green.
But is that the green he meant? jeez, lighten up

Get notified of new replies

To New ride arrived yesterday....

Old 02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
Richor
CF Lifetime Member
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

OMG Nice car. I just found out what the ACR was a week ago when I checked to see the cars coming to willow spring raceway this saturday. There will be 2 ACR's running the day of the corvette challenge. Cant wait to see them in action.

Congratulations on the purchase,.

a r35 and a Viper ACR? Rough Life ! :P

I will be there soon !
Old 02-19-2010, 02:58 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Very Nice! Congrats!
Old 03-08-2010, 04:24 PM
Dominic Toretto
Race Director

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice new ride man! Vipers are simply stunning. Enjoy it. Hope you plan to hold on to it, since Chrysler may no longer be in charge of their production, assuming it continues.

-Alex

Quick Reply: New ride arrived yesterday....