Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Why would anyone get this car?

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 05:51 PM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave68
One thing is for certain, if you made Jay Leno's salary (and already have a ZR1), that $130K is pocket change.

The ZR1 destroys any Aston Martin, but plenty of rich folks buy them. Why not attack those people as well?

My point is that Hennessey found a market and made some good money. That's business, folks!
I don't care about them making $$$ by selling overpriced cars or if people who have a lot of money buy overly expensive cars. It was about discussing why a $130K Camaro gets destroyed by a ZR1 on all fronts.

I can get a 2010 Ford Mustand and stick in an 800HP engine and sell it for $130K. In the end, it is still an over priced Ford Mustang.

This is a Corvette forum.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:21 PM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

Yeah it's a Corvette forum but in case you haven't noticed you posted this in the other cars forum where people come to talk about just that. You sound like a dick right now.

People have different tastes, and are willing to put down their money for what they want, regardless of whether or not a certain car is faster. Do you think a guy driving an F430 cares that a ZR1 will beat it up at the track? Hell no.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:26 AM
LBear
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by K-TownMike
Yeah it's a Corvette forum but in case you haven't noticed you posted this in the other cars forum where people come to talk about just that.
WRONG, I posted it in the Corvette General Forum, it was MOVED to the "Other" forum. I did not move it, the MODS did.

Originally Posted by K-TownMike
People have different tastes, and are willing to put down their money for what they want, regardless of whether or not a certain car is faster. Do you think a guy driving an F430 cares that a ZR1 will beat it up at the track? Hell no.
OK?

I am aware that people have different tastes and people have different opinions. I stated mine WITHOUT making PERSONAL ATTACKS on the people who thought differently. I also didn't use vulgarity and name calling (unlike you).
Old 03-11-2010, 12:22 AM
Jack Daniels
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the Camaro just weighs too darn much.

Why did the darn thing have to weigh so much, anyways? I know its a 4-seater, and has all sorts of safety stuff, but nearly 4000 pounds?
Old 03-13-2010, 09:29 AM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

oh get off your high horse, you are stating your opinion as fact and you are insulting a forum sponsors vehicle while you are at it.
Old 03-13-2010, 11:20 AM
Racie
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by HOXXOH
The only advantage is a back seat. But you can get a lot of hotel rooms for the price difference.
LOL...that's just too funny!
Old 03-13-2010, 12:37 PM
TLS_Addict
Team Owner

Received 677 Likes on 347 Posts

I have a 69 camaro and when I hear people say the new one looks like the old one I about want to slap them.

I saw the article. Some people want a 725hp Camaro and because it is built by someone in particular they will buy it. It is not like a ZR1 and never will be. It is a muscle car rather than a sports car. From the start the ZR1 is built to go fast, handle, stop, and it is a very "slippery" car and made for top speed.....the Camaro is not. Nice cars and I would drive one but to say it is on par with a ZR1 is not a smart thing to say.

Have to say that there is a nitch out there for those who want this type of car. It IS fast, it DOES corner well, it DOES stop quickly.....just not as quickly as the Corvette.

You guys know as well that some companies can sell something for a greater price than someone else even though the good is inferior if that good has a certain stamp/name on it.

Quick Reply: Why would anyone get this car?