Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Talk about a recall...

Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM
vvv90
Race Director

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Well, the owners got what they deserved. Who, but an idiot, would buy a sports car with an automatic transmission.
With regards to a Corvette I agree....

...But...

...You're comparing a Hydraulic torque convertor based slush box with a Getrag dual-clutch 7-speed transmission.

Come on dude.
Old 09-02-2010, 07:50 PM
FIRSTC6Z06
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JoesC5
Well, the owners got what they deserved. Who, but an idiot, would buy a sports car with an automatic transmission.

Who but an idiot would say that? F1 transmissions are the future for us all. I do understand that it's hard to accept by many of us old timers but a dual clutch PDK type trans can shift better, faster and is more efficient although it may not be more fun?
Old 09-03-2010, 09:45 AM
jamesbertero
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FIRSTC6Z06
Who but an idiot would say that? F1 transmissions are the future for us all. I do understand that it's hard to accept by many of us old timers but a dual clutch PDK type trans can shift better, faster and is more efficient although it may not be more fun?
I think that is the real point for most of us who like a manual.
As long as I can row the gearbox and feel like I am part of what's going on with the driving experience, I will probably be happy. I'm going to guess (Not having driven a dual clutch setup) that not having to work a clutch pedal is kinda unimportant as long as the thing can match revs on dowshifts and doesn't drag its feet on upshifts. Just my 2 cents.

Oh, and Idiot seems like a pretty strong choice of words.
Manners boys.
TGIF!!

Search this Thread