Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Okay I knew the Bugatti was fast but..

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM
NYC6
Team Owner

Received 207 Likes on 155 Posts

Is 0-60-0 the new 0-100-0?
Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 PM
1ragtop
Drifting

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Default Fastest car

American super car company SSC Ultimate Aero II has been released as far as pics go and should take back the top speed title and is shooting for 275 mph with a twin turbo V-8 1300 hp and 1200 ft.lbs torque in a lighter second version.Check out the pics on the net it is sick.Go America!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-2010, 02:01 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ragtop
American super car company SSC Ultimate Aero II has been released as far as pics go and should take back the top speed title and is shooting for 275 mph with a twin turbo V-8 1300 hp and 1200 ft.lbs torque in a lighter second version.Check out the pics on the net it is sick.Go America!!!!!!!!!
Unofficial rumor has it that the SSC is having some handling problems during testing. Don't recall where I saw the video on it being tested... it was one of those car blogs... you mught find it if you look around It was being tested in a remote area, I believe to be in Washington state.

I am not a big fan of the Bugatti but would be thrilled to drive one hard on a track for the day!
Their is a side by side on youtube some where and the Mc Laren is pitted against the Veyron in a drag race. The Mc Laren pulls about 7 or 8 lenths on it in the quarter. Once that 4000+ lb Veyron overcomes inertia is roars past the still accelerating Mc Laren.
After watching the building of the Veyron on some TV show I have total respect for the people that designed the car. It is a very well engineered automobile in my humble opinion. I would rather have a Mc Laren for the looks and the unique seating position.
Old 09-15-2010, 11:59 AM
Chris_B
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Bigvmaxx
Their is a side by side on youtube some where and the Mc Laren is pitted against the Veyron in a drag race. The Mc Laren pulls about 7 or 8 lenths on it in the quarter. Once that 4000+ lb Veyron overcomes inertia is roars past the still accelerating Mc Laren.
After watching the building of the Veyron on some TV show I have total respect for the people that designed the car. It is a very well engineered automobile in my humble opinion. I would rather have a Mc Laren for the looks and the unique seating position.
The Veyron is an incredible vehicle. That said, just wait until the new McLaren supercar is unveiled. The new MP4-12C is the first of 5 new cars from the company, one being released in each of the next 4 years.

Chris
Old 09-16-2010, 02:06 PM
BSE1956
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.pddnet.com/video-bugatti-...er-car-091010/

Just pasted this video URL in another thread
Old 09-19-2010, 07:05 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Location: Deplorable 160 Proof Olde Anglo-Saxon in Atlanta, GA
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
I had one do a ricer fly by

First I saw:

Then I saw:

And finally:

Probably the same one I've seen in Buford. Car looks amazingly small, yet dense, in person!

If I had a stout load of race gas with the R compounds on I wouldn't mind playing with one, if not for that whole driver's license thing. I can trap pretty close to one at max boost, but it would be very tough to compete with the way that AWD brute can use its power so easily on the street. And I sure as hell couldn't count on reeling him in!

Last edited by BoostManiac; 09-19-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:11 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Originally Posted by 1ragtop
The top speed war is a bit silly honestly, but I'm glad that the tech is being developed to make it safer and safer to go 200+ mph. In the late '60s when Italian exotics were starting to push the 175+ mph barrier, aerodynamics/stability were in their infancy! These days 200 mph is a totally stable experience in a top shelf car---provided everything including the tires are in excellent shape. Therein lies the problem, it's very scary to think of some moron with a 200+ mph car that puts some crap Wal-Mart tires on it and decides to go for a top speed run, just like in the magazines.
Old 09-19-2010, 07:14 PM
BoostManiac
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Bigvmaxx
Unofficial rumor has it that the SSC is having some handling problems during testing. Don't recall where I saw the video on it being tested... it was one of those car blogs... you mught find it if you look around It was being tested in a remote area, I believe to be in Washington state.

I am not a big fan of the Bugatti but would be thrilled to drive one hard on a track for the day!
That was a demonstration by Top Gear or Evo of a half **** Veyron drag without launch control. Make no mistake, with full effort and launch control, the Veyron runs 10.2s in the 1/4 compared to 11.1 at best for the McLaren F1, not even a contest.
Old 09-19-2010, 09:39 PM
XCELER8
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are nice. Been in one.

I know someone that owns 2 Veryons. I am pretty sure he is looking to get the new SS as well...

Quick Reply: Okay I knew the Bugatti was fast but..