Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Might Trade Vette For A Saleen... Thoughts?

Old 09-28-2010, 12:06 PM
jrose7004
Team Owner

Received 1,672 Likes on 1,295 Posts
C6 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Originally Posted by vafirevet
It is your money, life and car. Drive what YOU want! Good luck!
Well said!
Old 09-28-2010, 12:08 PM
JimZRyd
Melting Slicks

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 72 Likes on 38 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12

I don't think there is anything wrong with a Mustang, actually like the new ones, but in my opinion they just aren't in the same class. It's your ride so do what makes you happy
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM
Quick Draw
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Bet the guy with the Saleen hopes you do. I agree with the post saying S7 yes; other Saleen, no. Hey it's your car/money so do what make YOU happy.

Honestly believe you will regret it and not just because I own a 'Vette.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:17 PM
TheFridge
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What did you expect to hear on a corvette board.

More than likely no one that has commented has been in a 700+hp turbo Mustang.
Are they different cars, absolutely....it all depends what you are looking for.
Not to mention I love the people who say its a GT with a bodykit....and it books for GT prices.
That is flat out false: suspension, interior, blower (in my case turbo) etc etc are all changed from the factory. (And keep in mind this is FAR from a stock Saleen)
Not to mention I can put up the NADA value if you would like for my car, its almost 20K on the high end.....FWIW.

Now, I know everyone is going to talk trash and I get that everyone has their preference, but unless you have been in the same car with the same mods/options....you really have no idea what you are talking about.

And lastly, I have had probably 30 mustangs, a newer Z28, a Syclone, a Typhoon, a Tbird SC, an 03 Cobra, 3 Lightnings, (2 with over 700hp), this Saleen, etc, etc......

The only reason I am looking to trade? I get bored and like to play with new toys. This will probably stick around for a while, and then maybe onto a C6 or a CTS-V.
I would love to keep all the cars I have had, each one was cool in its own way, but I am not rich....so its one toy at a time for me.

I don't care what you do either way bud, as I told you I don't have to have any particular car so if it doesn't happen, I will be fine with waiting. Hell, I have all winter. lol
But let me know what YOU decide, not the other corvetteowners on the board.

Good luck either way. And lets hope someone sees the value in my ****ty Ford and I can join the vette owners "guild".
Old 09-28-2010, 01:08 PM
damilleniumboy
Le Mans Master

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I love Mustangs, Cobras, Steeda, Roush, Cerving etc but at the end it is just a rebodied mustang.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:16 PM
TheFridge
Racer

And its worth more than the 99 C5 he put up in terms of "stock vehicle" NADA numbers right now. It is a limited production vehicle with only 208 (I think) verts made that year. That was my only point. And even the NADA values kind of get thrown out the window when you are talking about two FULLY modified vehicles.

Everyone enjoys whatever car they enjoy. I don't talk smack on anything except the wanna bes/ricers with a fart can exhaust and thats it, that think they are in the Fast and Furious movies every time they hop in their car.
I respect just about every car out there for what it is....

I would honestly just expect someone to not need a message boards approval to make any kind of deal....I would expect him to ask people close to him and even possibly his local shop/tuner as would I.....but I think its hilarious to make this post. Oh well....whatever he decides I am ok with, just funny that he was all over me about getting this deal done for over a week before making this post.

But regardless, I wish him good luck in whatever he decides, not huge deal to me either way.

We'll see what happens I guess...."as corvetteforums turns".....

Last edited by TheFridge; 09-28-2010 at 01:22 PM.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:26 PM
Ultimate_Respect
Pro

Originally Posted by Vetteman Jack
Why not just get a convertible C5 or C6 and still enjoy having a Corvette? Nothing wrong with getting a Mustang I guess, but it's just not in the same class as a Corvette.
Define Class? The Saleen is in the same class as the Corvette... Depending on the Saleen it is better than the Base Corvette... Although I would not exspect most corvette owners to understand that....

Like I said before I owned an Saleen SC.... I perfer the Corvette for resale value only...
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM
~Josh
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 1,319 Likes on 788 Posts

I've got a kid now and I've thought of maybe getting an '03-'04 Cobra 'Vert.... so I can't blame ya.

In the end I just can't see it being better than the 'Vette. The question is whether I'd be satisfied with knowing that I'm downgrading in exchange for a few benefits on the Ford.
Old 09-28-2010, 01:32 PM
MawneeC5
Melting Slicks

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Some of those saleens are really sharp!.....that one isnt
You have to drive it though, so do what makes you happy
Old 09-28-2010, 01:37 PM
tomringo
Burning Brakes

Received 85 Likes on 46 Posts

Not going to tell you what to do, your choice, sounds like that's been taken care of, but just put them side by side, there's no doubt your vette is by far and away the best looker!
Old 09-28-2010, 01:46 PM
burbleflyer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Only if it comes with the Swedish women's racing team.

Are you crazy?
Old 09-28-2010, 02:11 PM
robert miller
Team Owner

Received 1,762 Likes on 1,529 Posts

Originally Posted by REDEVIL
You are certifiably NUTS. No way in Hell is that a good idea. You have a beautiful Nassau Blue C5 and that is.... a....... well an.......UGLY Mustang. The Saleen bodies are so gawdy and awkward. If you want a vert, sell the FRC and get a C5 or C6 vert....no SALEEN.
Vette for sure over the Mustang... But each to his on...
Old 09-28-2010, 02:38 PM
calivette805
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts

I love my vette I've had a stang same body style . Test drive n go with ur heart
Old 09-28-2010, 02:58 PM
BLKOHZ06
Racer

if it was the new body style I would say go 4 it but that body style does nothing for me. Just my opinion.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:06 PM
REDEVIL
Burning Brakes

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Also, if you've never driven that body style of Mustang you might want to try one out first. The seating position is very high and shifter placement is awkward. I could not get comfortable when I drove my buddy's '02. The C5 wins hands down for comfort and driving ergonomics.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Might Trade Vette For A Saleen... Thoughts?