Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Caddy-Vette Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2011, 06:48 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Originally Posted by Bucknut2006
Taking in the Vette and CTS tomorrow to upgrade to a V. I'm so excited!
Old 02-16-2011, 08:16 PM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 54 Posts

Got her just a few hours ago. It's already dark out so these are the only pics I could snap.

Old 02-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Mr. Hyde
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A very BIG congrats to you on your new CTS!
I'm already tired of waiting for mine to arrive, I still have about 6 weeks to go.
Old 02-17-2011, 12:34 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Got her just a few hours ago. It's already dark out so these are the only pics I could snap.

This is the most widely color used to advertise this car. Probably the best color.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:36 AM
Mr. Hyde
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm more inclined to think it's Thunder Gray as the most widely used color, it is the one you see in all of the commercials. It also is on the cover of the brochure, not to mention most ads in car magazines and it is also the most expensive color at $995.00 additional charge.
You'd almost think it was the color I choose.....oh it is.
Old 02-17-2011, 07:40 AM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

The crystal red was also a $995 charge along with the pearl white. My regular CTS was thunder gray and although I loved the color, I didn't want to repeat it on two cars in a row.

Anyways, the car is F*ing awesome. I'm very happy with my decision of a car.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:22 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

The crystal red was also a $995 charge along with the pearl white. My regular CTS was thunder gray and although I loved the color, I didn't want to repeat it on two cars in a row.

Hell yes it is Freaking awesome!
Old 02-17-2011, 12:57 PM
LDB
Drifting

Received 1,069 Likes on 433 Posts

I’ll add my congrats. I’m sure you’ll continue to enjoy it. It’s interesting to note that while most share compliments and congrats, there are a few in this thread, and many in the Camaro ZL1 thread, that bristle at the notion that anything could in any way be better than a Vette. Seems to me to show a great deal of insecurity on their parts. Your CTSV choice and mine were different in various respects. I got coupe, you picked sedan, meaning I went for flash, and you for practicality and/or stealth. We both got red exterior, but you had black inside, with me silver. Texas heat made me shy away from what most would consider a sportier interior color. You got sunroof while the extra headroom of non-sunroof was more important to 6’2” me, especially in the lower roofline coupe. You use front license plate bracket, while I take my chances and blow it off. But you know what? I think your choices are great. They are doubtlessly best for you, just like mine are for me. We will both enjoy terrific cars, just like all the Vette owners are enjoying their terrific cars. And none of them, not mine, not yours, not any of the Vettes, not any other car out there in the world, is best in any absolute sense. So to those few monomaniacal Vette ranters and ravers, raspberries in return. To everyone else, isn’t it great that GM gives us so many choices to tailor the basic theme of high performance cars into our own personal preferences.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:16 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by LDB
I’ll add my congrats. I’m sure you’ll continue to enjoy it. It’s interesting to note that while most share compliments and congrats, there are a few in this thread, and many in the Camaro ZL1 thread, that bristle at the notion that anything could in any way be better than a Vette. Seems to me to show a great deal of insecurity on their parts. Your CTSV choice and mine were different in various respects. I got coupe, you picked sedan, meaning I went for flash, and you for practicality and/or stealth. We both got red exterior, but you had black inside, with me silver. Texas heat made me shy away from what most would consider a sportier interior color. You got sunroof while the extra headroom of non-sunroof was more important to 6’2” me, especially in the lower roofline coupe. You use front license plate bracket, while I take my chances and blow it off. But you know what? I think your choices are great. They are doubtlessly best for you, just like mine are for me. We will both enjoy terrific cars, just like all the Vette owners are enjoying their terrific cars. And none of them, not mine, not yours, not any of the Vettes, not any other car out there in the world, is best in any absolute sense. So to those few monomaniacal Vette ranters and ravers, raspberries in return. To everyone else, isn’t it great that GM gives us so many choices to tailor the basic theme of high performance cars into our own personal preferences.
The best car is the one YOU like and fullfills your needs. I'd say if possible have them all like a new Mustang 2011 GT, a 2011 CTS-V, and a base C-6)
A base C-6 Corvette few years old is fine too.
This is all a plus for the consumer who now has more choices.
You can have different transmissions in each one either auto or stick then you won't miss anything as there might be times you want to do some shifting and in some cars it's the nature of the beast to have the stick.
Old 02-17-2011, 02:18 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Yes the diamond coat white is also a $995 option and that would be the color for me.
Gray color is the best if you want to go stealth.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:39 PM
DoingOK
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
CI VIII Car Show Winner

Very nice color. I struggled with the color options and even went so far as to visit the dealership in multiple lighting conditions. I'm normally not a white car fan, but the white diamond tricoat color really pops in all lighting conditions. I almost opted for the thunder gray. Anyways, I'm hoping the saffron/ebony interior combination I ordered will look nice with the graphite wheels and yellow calipers. I just got my TPW and my new V coupe will be built the week of March 7. Can't wait.....I'm hoping it will be at least 80% as fun to drive as my C6 Z06 was.
Old 02-17-2011, 10:03 PM
Bucknut2006
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

When I picked mine up, they had a black sedan with the graphite rims. Looks pretty menacing, but strangely out of place for Cadillac dealership.

Old 02-17-2011, 10:57 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DoingOK
Very nice color. I struggled with the color options and even went so far as to visit the dealership in multiple lighting conditions. I'm normally not a white car fan, but the white diamond tricoat color really pops in all lighting conditions. I almost opted for the thunder gray. Anyways, I'm hoping the saffron/ebony interior combination I ordered will look nice with the graphite wheels and yellow calipers. I just got my TPW and my new V coupe will be built the week of March 7. Can't wait.....I'm hoping it will be at least 80% as fun to drive as my C6 Z06 was.
Go with the White diamond coat
White is an easy color to maintain.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:18 PM
DoingOK
Drifting

Received 158 Likes on 84 Posts
Cruise-In VIII Veteran
CI VIII Car Show Winner

Originally Posted by LS WON
Go with the White diamond coat
White is an easy color to maintain.

That is what I ordered............with the black wheels, yellow calipers and ebony/saffron interior. I added Recaros, sueded wheel/shifter and sunroof. We just got my wife a white MDX that has a slight pearl finish....the caddy pearl white is much more pronounced. More pearlish?

Old 02-17-2011, 11:20 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by DoingOK
That is what I ordered............with the black wheels, yellow calipers and ebony/saffron interior. I added Recaros, sueded wheel/shifter and sunroof. We just got my wife a white MDX that has a slight pearl finish....the caddy pearl white is much more pronounced. More pearlish?

Can't wait to see your pics when your Diamond white CTS-V comes in.

Quick Reply: Caddy-Vette Coupe