Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

WTT: 1971 Jaguar XJ6 rhd

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:03 AM
dacfan
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default WTT: 1971 Jaguar XJ6 rhd

My series one '71 Jag XJ6 right hand drive needs a new home. I was driving it around the neighborhood until about a month ago when I pulled the tag and insurance.

Now I start it every weekend and drive it in circles around the yard. It is far from perfect but still a rare car imported from the UK. It has had rust repair over the years and needs some body work and new paint. It has fiberglass front quarters and chevy bullet hole rims that look much better than the factory wheels. I do have the factory jag hubcaps and a factory jag spare. The rest is original as far as I know. As it was a british car, it does not have a/c.

The original straight six runs and borg warner transmission is strong.
It has two SU HD8 carbs. I rebuilt one and the other needs a main jet as it drips some gas but the car starts and runs. All glass and lights are good. Chrome is all there. It is road legal and I've driven it around the neighborhood and to the gas station some. This is a project car and I would recommend trailering it. I trust it to go a few miles around the countryside but would not trust it in town without new hoses, belts and the carbs adjusted.

I will also have extensive pics I can email this weekend. I love old jags like this but it deserves more attention than I can give it. I've been trying to get away from euro cars and more into american because it's more affordable for me.

As I don't really know the value of the car, you might find it laughable but I'd like to trade for a C3 or C4 that is road worthy. Interior, mods, paint, etc. don't really matter. My wife would really like a running (don't bash) '65-'70 mustang, an old rat rod that runs and drives or a camaro or firebird.

and if you have knowledge of these cars and my expectations are way too lofty, feel free to tell me what you think. I appreciate creative criticism.

Last edited by dacfan; 03-05-2011 at 02:36 AM.

Quick Reply: WTT: 1971 Jaguar XJ6 rhd