Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Salesman doing his best to put me in CTSV

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 10:56 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Default Salesman doing his best to put me in CTSV

Received a call from the dealer where I test drove the '09 V on Saturday. Just to refresh your memory, it was obvious that this particular V had lived a rough life. All four wheels curbed, dingy interior, front ground effect lips separated, and nasty engine oil with the "change engine oil soon" light flashing.

I politely advised him that I would have left in his car Saturday if it had lived up to my expectations. He stated that he would have all of the above issues addressed and deliver the car to my house for the same price that he was offering the car to begin with.

I'm going to call him back and respectfully decline. I just don't feel comfortable with this car.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:35 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

No car, no matter how expensive or inexpensive, deserves to be treated in such a way. The dealer should have known to change the oil before trying to sell it, that was a stupid move to begin with. And no matter how dirty the car was, there are some pretty nifty cleaning products out there these days to take care of just about anything. Therefore, trying to sell it in that condition was another mistake. They should not be surprised that you are turning them down.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:37 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

However, if you are interested, there is a dealer in my town that just got in an 09 CTSV that has only been driven about 7k miles. It is in immaculate condition and they are only asking $54,995 for it.

EDIT: *facepalm* I can't believe I just double-posted.
Old 03-23-2011, 02:40 PM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by redvette77
No car, no matter how expensive or inexpensive, deserves to be treated in such a way. The dealer should have known to change the oil before trying to sell it, that was a stupid move to begin with. And no matter how dirty the car was, there are some pretty nifty cleaning products out there these days to take care of just about anything. Therefore, trying to sell it in that condition was another mistake. They should not be surprised that you are turning them down.
Guess they missed Sales 101.

However, if you are interested, there is a dealer in my town that just got in an 09 CTSV that has only been driven about 7k miles. It is in immaculate condition and they are only asking $54,995 for it.

EDIT: *facepalm* I can't believe I just double-posted.
I'm trying to stay below $50k. However, the "you get what you pay for" saying does ring true quite often.
Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

FWIW, new CTS Vs are selling for about invoice now or below.

If you do consider the V also consider high tire replacement prices, lack of range (200-300ish) and extremely poor premium gas mileage that will make SUVs look efficient.

I don't know why the dealer didn't clean up the car before hand. Obviously the previous owner didn't give a crap. I wouldn't be surprised if it was repossessed and then picked up at the auction.
Old 03-26-2011, 06:55 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
FWIW, new CTS Vs are selling for about invoice now or below.

If you do consider the V also consider high tire replacement prices, lack of range (200-300ish) and extremely poor premium gas mileage that will make SUVs look efficient.

I don't know why the dealer didn't clean up the car before hand. Obviously the previous owner didn't give a crap. I wouldn't be surprised if it was repossessed and then picked up at the auction.
I don't think that I could get one for $50 or less at or below invoice though. I've got a payment that I want to stay at so that it doesn't affect my other toy plans.
Yeah, I know the cons of the car. Unfortunately you have to pay to play.

Old 03-26-2011, 11:02 AM
JLC629
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When you try to market a car in the demographic that the V is in, these issues should be addressed first.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:27 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by JJS04
I don't think that I could get one for $50 or less at or below invoice though. I've got a payment that I want to stay at so that it doesn't affect my other toy plans.
Yeah, I know the cons of the car. Unfortunately you have to pay to play.

True! Invoice starts around $61k. Are you financing? Usually used cars have a higher interest rate.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:52 PM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by phileaglesfan
True! Invoice starts around $61k. Are you financing? Usually used cars have a higher interest rate.
Yes, financing. My rate will be around 3 to 3.5%.

Get notified of new replies

To Salesman doing his best to put me in CTSV

Quick Reply: Salesman doing his best to put me in CTSV