Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Boss 302 or C6

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 05:26 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Racer
Um, wow, rookie Mustang owner? I owned an SVT Lightning, same forum, now you go to the sub forums (which C6general is) and go the MUSTANG SECTION or the LIGHTNING SECTION or probably even the TAURUS section.

Here is your SVTforums home page which CLEARLY (for most) shows the specific sub forums of which there are those same forums I mentioned....Still Laughing??

Am I stupid??? AWKWARD and OWNED!!!

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/
this is getting better, uh....please click on your OWN LINK and look at which section of the forum that has the most viewers......I'll give you a hint.... It's the section where you'd want to post a "C6Z vs Mustang" thread if you wanted EVERYONE to see it

The Pics & Vids Buffet is where all the viewers of svtperformance are hanging out (currently 235 viewers compared to the #2 spot 109 viewers), no sense in posting my corvette vids in any other part of the forum unless I wanted fewer people to see it

I can tell I'm doing battle with a retiree, let's see whatcha got now pops
Old 10-26-2011, 05:36 PM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnin4
dear long winded tool bag:

I have owned multiples of both cars. my corvettes were always more problematic over my mustangs, but nothing major (aside from a grinding transmission and paint falling off of my brand new 08Z). stop reading crap on the internet and take the advice from some one that can report back with firsthand accounts. I am completely unbiased with my supporting/defending the Boss, figured you guys would believe a corvette owner who also owns a Boss.

There isnt a single reported engine failure for a Boss 302, and the problems with the mt82 were pressure plate related and pertained to the GT. The Boss and GT have stock longblocks already making 900whp with the stock clutch and stock exhaust. No stock LS engine has ever been able to accomplish that, and the new coyote 5.0 is only 1-2 years old.

Go to the first page of the C6Z section and look how many engine failures you can find in 5 minutes . Did you mention engine ticking? The LS7 sounds like a gigantic sewing machine, loudest ticking motor ever created. My Boss motor is the sweetest sounding motor I've ever heard, even over my h/c C6Z.

With that having been said, there is a possibility that I might own another corvette in the future.

I'm sorry that you are threatened with the presence of a mustang that will outperform your C6. You have absolutely nothing positive to add to this discussion except your personal opinion, which have officially been heard.

I'm not saying Ford is better then Chevy, I love both cars. I simply have a low tolerance for ignorance, of which you are plagued with. Open your eyes, clear the $hit out of your ears, and drink a tall glass of STFU
Off the meds again? Hurts where i hit ya huh girlyman?

You seem to have a obsession/fixation to making your little stang to be something more than it really is. Sorry bud, it will Never happen

I ran into people like you when i was blowing the doors off stangs with my Turbo Buick. I really did like seeing them cry.

Me threatened? I couldn't care less. I have nothing to prove. I already Know what C6's are capable of. You, however, may need to see someone for help dealing with the inferiority complex that is quite Obvious.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rebel 1
Off the meds again? Hurts where i hit ya huh girlyman?

You seem to have a obsession/fixation to making your little stang to be something more than it really is. Sorry bud, it will Never happen

I ran into people like you when i was blowing the doors off stangs with my Turbo Buick. I really did like seeing them cry.

Me threatened? I couldn't care less. I have nothing to prove. I already Know what C6's are capable of. You, however, may need to see someone for help dealing with the inferiority complex that is quite Obvious.
LOL, that was weak sauce Bob

I can tell I'm dealing with another retiree, you guys make me laugh with your old school comebacks

Enjoy that C6
Old 10-26-2011, 08:43 PM
Wulverine
Le Mans Master

Received 70 Likes on 49 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

5.0 KENNE BELL 3.6LC ONLY 9.85/142 850HP 100% STOCK

So this performance is no NOS, cams, heads, headers, gears etc. ST Motorsports 2011 5.0 ran a 9.85/142 through the cats, STM tune with 21psi, a Mammoth 3.6LC kit, 20V BOOST-A-PUMP, 8 rib kit, 80lb injectors and slicks. Suspension is also 100% stock. No weight reduction. Stock fuel lines, rails and pump with the 20V BOOST-A-PUMP. It takes 850-900 EHP to turn 142 mph with an automatic trans legal weight ‘11 Mustang 5.0

The exact same 3.6LC kit makes 851 RWHP on a 100% stock Boss 302 at 21psi- through stock cats and exhaust. Next comes the E85 comparisons.

Our primary goal at KB has always been to offer supercharger kits that produce more HP than our competition. To illustrate this we don’t test our cars with other products that skew the actual HP gains of the supercharger kit. Our customers tell us they want ONLY the kit HP and not the jacked up numbers with off road pipe, headers etc. We prefer to let the header, heads and cam people do their own back-to-back tests.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums...142-850hp.html
Old 10-26-2011, 09:04 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

^you are wasting your time, they wont care because it's a lowly mustang and lower on their hierarchy scale.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:16 PM
Rebel 1
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL, that was weak sauce Bob

I can tell I'm dealing with another retiree, you guys make me laugh with your old school comebacks

Enjoy that C6
You started it.

How do you have time for that Stang when you stay on the computer all day? Retiree?

You must have not checked my info close enough Austin because you would be dealing wrong. Restore classic musclecars. Been doing it for years.

I enjoy them all, C6,C5 ,Turbo Buick and big block Chevelle.
Old 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM
Knob Jockey
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 208 Likes on 172 Posts
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15

.................blah, blah, blah......... Is the Boss 302 a better track car then a C6, and the answer is yes. I'm sorry that is hard for you to swallow
LeMans is a track. I must have missed the Boss 302.

Old 10-26-2011, 10:39 PM
Burnin4
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rebel 1
You started it.

How do you have time for that Stang when you stay on the computer all day? Retiree?

You must have not checked my info close enough Austin because you would be dealing wrong. Restore classic musclecars. Been doing it for years.

I enjoy them all, C6,C5 ,Turbo Buick and big block Chevelle.
ah, so retired auto mechanic turned tool salesman, i got it now I cant compete with that, you win
Old 10-27-2011, 12:48 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by tomZ51
I do agree with you there. The paint on the wheels is just....I don't like it. I am looking at the standard Boss 302, blue with the white. That is the best looking of the bunch.

However, this is coming from the guy with a black vette with green track wheels.
LOVE the Laguna Seca Boss Mustang for its performance and general looks; however, the painted wheels make it look very gay and like pure crap. I would still love to have one but right off to my black powder coater the rims would go then I would be very pleased to daily driver that bitch!

To the OP you can get a low mileage 2006 C6 Z for $39K and spank all those Mustangs all day long. Even though I love the stangs and all other cool, bad azz looking American Muscle (that are fast), and I certainly and not a vette purist, you just can't beat a C6 Z for the $, best bang for the $ (buck) supercar your going to find.

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 10-28-2011 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-27-2011, 12:21 PM
QUAKEJAKE
Le Mans Master

Received 80 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by **** Jockey
LeMans is a track. I must have missed the Boss 302.

Very good.Hence the Laguna Sega edition.

Quick Reply: Boss 302 or C6