Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

New Viper going to be a threat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 03:59 PM
AirBusPilot
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
You again, please show me were I ever stated a 5.0 mustang is superior than the Z06 corvette?
I've owned both C5 and C6 Z

I do have a boss at the moment the only thing it has better is the seats, which are far more fitting for a performance car.
In no way would my boss in stock form touch a C6z In performance, it would be more of a match for the c5Z.

I wanted you to look at my profile? Don't remember saying that either, I wouldn't have to.

Nope I haven't touched a gen 5 viper , but I will as have have every other car that people google, to give opinion

Why am I here?..... Ive been here from the beginning of this site, and give REAL world opinions of cars discussed here, that I have actually driven, have you?
Yep, you wanted me to look at your profile pictures to impress upon me something that you hoped would give me pause. Since I'm not in the 3rd grade, that kind of retard means nothing to me. "I wouldn't have to." Yeah, I guess your awesomeness proceeds you, right?

Your opinion of the new viper is equally valid or worthless as any one else's, as you've never driven it or even breathed the same air as one. Yet, you act like you designed/own one and are here to rub it in people's faces. And the funny part is that as near as I can tell, everyone here appreciates what the next viper is going to offer. I said it myself, they'll be alot of ZR1 cars for sale when that car hits the street.
Old 04-15-2012, 08:58 PM
E in Phila
Team Owner

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've always sort of appreciated the audacity of Vipers, but I can't say I'm a huge fan. That said, I think Dodge did a really nice job with the design this time around. It's appropriately over-the-top, but it looks more legitimately exotic, and finally with a real interior.

It looks pretty badass.

Last edited by E in Phila; 04-16-2012 at 12:28 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 10:28 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by E in Phila
I've always sort of appreciated the audacity of Vipers, but I can't say I'm a huge fan. That said, I think Dodge did a really nice job with the design this time around. It's appropriately over-the-top, but it looks more legitimately exotic, and finally with a real interior.

I looks pretty badass.
That's a hot angle. yeah I think there's a few posters here that are in denial.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:34 AM
Louisiana Red
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is the pissing contest over now?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:44 PM
joshsneedysizo6
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

keep going lol it was just getting good, but dont kill each other its just a thread lol no need for yall to meet an fight about it,an by the way the viper looks nice but my dream car is a c6 zo6 an thats what i owe an its gonna stay that way lol (American Maid )
Old 04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Viper_Vette
That's a hot angle. yeah I think there's a few posters here that are in denial.
Aren't they always
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Tact
Law Dawg Moderator

Received 96 Likes on 76 Posts
CF St. Jude Co-Organizer
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21

Warnings sent. Any more name calling or personal attacks will warrant some time off.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:39 AM
LEE427
V10LEE
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Probably the best video of the new Viper.The closest anyone is going to see the 2013 until they hit the dealers.

I think the front end and the headlights look nothing like a F car like some said. SRT did a great job of making the front look like a snake head. The projectors in the headlights look like eyes. Pretty cool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGYt...ayer_embedded#!
Old 04-21-2012, 01:16 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Really... nothing like an F car... nothing at all.

Yeah the 3rd/4th gen viper looked like a c6, but that was pretty much due to the head lights and typical sports car proportions, that was about it. This shares the same gaping lower intake styling that the 599 and F12 have as well.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:15 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by McGirk94LT1

Really... nothing like an F car... nothing at all.

Yeah the 3rd/4th gen viper looked like a c6, but that was pretty much due to the head lights and typical sports car proportions, that was about it. This shares the same gaping lower intake styling that the 599 and F12 have as well.
No it's the other way around. Bob Lutz was the creator of the Viper,and when he left Dodge to join GM. He created the C6. The C6 Z06 has alot of copied looks from the gen 3 + 4 Viper. Know your facts.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 PM
Viper_Vette
Pro

Originally Posted by LEE427
Probably the best video of the new Viper.The closest anyone is going to see the 2013 until they hit the dealers.

I think the front end and the headlights look nothing like a F car like some said. SRT did a great job of making the front look like a snake head. The projectors in the headlights look like eyes. Pretty cool..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NGYt...ayer_embedded#!
Lee that is a great video. It really does give you a different perspective what the car really looks like. Not like the pictures that have been posted. I heard from other people that saw the car in person say that pictures do not do ANY justice. With that being said. I agree the front end does not look like a Ferrari or Lamborghini. It really does look like a snake.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:44 PM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Originally Posted by Viper_Vette
No it's the other way around. Bob Lutz was the creator of the Viper,and when he left Dodge to join GM. He created the C6. The C6 Z06 has alot of copied looks from the gen 3 + 4 Viper. Know your facts.
OH SNAP YOU TOLD ME. Sorry I typed that in the incorrect order. Yes I know the gen 3 came out as an 03 model and c6 as an 05 model.

Either way, the similarities between it and the c6 basically came down to headlight/new-for-corvette lower intake. Which even the lower intake was a cross hair in the viper while being open in the corvette.

However, as you just did, all the loyal viper fanbois call out the c6 as a copycat. Yet the fact that some people see no similarities between the new viper and the 599/f12 I posted is hillariously biased. Almost as if some are ashamed?!?
Old 04-24-2012, 04:18 AM
C3DeedlyDee
Melting Slicks

Received 41 Likes on 28 Posts

The new Viper's definitely going to be a new benchmark in american performance cars. They did everything right as far as I'm concerned: less weight, more power, and they stuck with a manual transmission. Bravo SRT!

Personally, I love the looks. The new front looks very serpent-like, and the side profile screams 2nd-gen Viper, which has always been my favorite in the looks department. Very reminescent of the Shelby Daytona Coupe. An appropriate look for the resurrection of an icon.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
phileaglesfan
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 129 Posts

Competition is always good.

Quick Reply: New Viper going to be a threat?