Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Price gap Corvette vs, 2013 Mustang

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2012, 01:24 AM
JC7
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jersey jay
Latest Vette production numbers for 2012 were in the basement. I have no clue as to why as it could be due to a number of things.

Very sad indeed.
#1 Reason is Corvettes are not cheap!
Old 06-28-2012, 01:46 AM
jmatero
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JC6

#1 Reason is Corvettes are not cheap!
Well, the body is going into its 9th year of production, a new Vette is right around the corner, the economy is still in the crapper, gas went way up 2011/2012, and it commands an almost $20k premium over a Camaro SS and Mustang GT similarly equipped.

Makes sense.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 AM
McGirk94LT1
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
I have a strong feeling all your info is from google, meaning you are FOS, the #8 cylinder was blowing only because the tuners, messing up the tunes, it was an early problem that tuners have since figured out.

So your going to sell your supposed 25k mustang ( if you will even get that after your said problems, not to mention lawsuits like this don't get settled in a year or two) and buy 40k vette

Also resale value on all mustangs (except cobras 03/04 still go for 30k GT-500's are still pricy) camaros and corvettes are crap( the ZR1 will be in in the 60's in 4 years, as low mile used 2009's can be had for 80, which is a 50k loss, I could have bought a new 10 last year for 90k but passed, corvette has been watered down with all the darn models, 6 and counting.

Nobody should buy a car for resale especially a mass produced car, buy it to drive it(when your old enough to buy a car, you can fool some people with google(especially brand loyal guys who lobe to see anything negative about anything that isn't a corvette .

The fact is a GT-500 pisses all over a ZL1, hell it's will stay with a ZR1 in a straight, who cares about curves, last time I checked there aren't many curves on public roads, most who complain about handling have never seen a real curve, and would end up in a ditch if you did.

Bulletproof motor? sorry LS9 engines pop like cherries on prom night.
LS9 is pretty tough but it better be at that price.
I've never seen any LS motor make 1000hp on stock bottom ends,
The bullet proof engines go to the old supra's, pre 2000 gen 2 vipers, and now fords boss and gt-500.

Btw I have a 12 boss and it does NOT use the mt82 trans, it has the same T56 that the Z06/viper used until they all got upgraded to the 6060.
Wow. Someone is disillusioned to the max. Them again, I think you were one of the guys who KNEW for a fact, that the viper was coming out with 700hp because... you KNEW and it was foolish to think otherwise lol.

You do indeed have the mt82 as pointed out.

Although reports of how bad the 11+ gt is I feel are exaggerated at times, the transmission issues continue to be brought up. some have switched shifters and found a huge improvement, others trans indeed just seem to be junk.

Everyone claiming Ford uses it just cause it was cheaper needs to take a second look though. That tranny is at least half the reason the boss/gt are as fast as they are. Its gearing is LEAGUES quicker then any tr6060. Combined with 3.73 gears, its probably comparable to the standard m6(viper, vetted, z06) with 4.56 gears or more. No tr6060 gear ratios would do without using a ridiculous differential ratio. And the coyote/roadrunner need/love that level of gearing.
Old 09-13-2012, 06:33 AM
stargate
Instructor

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MGMULSGJOU&feature=plcp

Originally Posted by jmatero
As one of many suing Ford over the MT82 garbage manual transmission in our 2011+ Mustang GT's (same Chinese-built unit failing in 2011-2013 V6/GT/BOSS stangs) I can tell you flat out why there is such a price difference. My case settles shortly after almost 2 years with 3 working forward gears and guess what I'm looking at as the replacement? Corvette.

GM may have taken bailout $$$ but Ford is no better for importing Mustang transmissions from China and Mustang clutches from Turkey. And guess what the most trouble-prone parts are in the new Mustangs?

Just search google or YouTube for MT82 Mustang problems... Or the hundreds of complaints to the NHTSA over shifting issues. You also may want to search for 2011+ 5.0L mustangs all burning a quart of oil a week... Which mine does with zero track time at 10k miles.

Just saying... Do your due diligence before putting down your money. And that means more than reading car reviews online.

You get what you pay for and I'd say it's worth the $$$ to get the corvette with a pretty bullet proof motor and the superior Tremec TR6060. And don't forget to factor in the atrocious resale on 2011+ stangs because of the powertrain issues, NHTSA transmission investigation, etc. Resale on Camaro and Corvette are MUCH better.

Just my 2cents.
Old 09-13-2012, 07:21 AM
DocKevin
Melting Slicks

St. Jude Donor '13

A two and a half month revival all for a simple youtube video? ...
Old 09-13-2012, 07:37 AM
stargate
Instructor

yep....

Originally Posted by DocKevin
A two and a half month revival all for a simple youtube video? ...
Old 09-24-2014, 08:11 PM
Sexybeast
Cruising

Default Horses can't swim

A stingray is just a superior vehicle . Better built equals a bigger price tag. You will pay more for a nissan gtr than a vette and more for a vette than mustang Shelby 500 and more for the mustang than a sentra etc.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:31 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexybeast
A stingray is just a superior vehicle . Better built equals a bigger price tag. You will pay more for a nissan gtr than a vette and more for a vette than mustang Shelby 500 and more for the mustang than a sentra etc.
The bumping of dead threads is real

GTRs suck anyways
Old 09-28-2014, 10:10 AM
CHASLS2
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '13

The GT is the best bang for the buck chuck.

Quick Reply: Price gap Corvette vs, 2013 Mustang