Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

TEXAS AUTO DIRECT & Independant Auto Inspectors

Old 08-06-2012, 09:36 PM
Chewch87
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default TEXAS AUTO DIRECT & Independant Auto Inspectors

I did a search here on the Forum for T.A.D. in hopes of gaining some insight on their Dealership's customer service feedback. I also went to a few links .Seems like a mixed bag of either Very Happy or Very Disappointed customers reviews. But from back in 2009. It seems like they are such a high volume dealership that this mixed bag of Good and Poor reviews is to be expected. Am I wrong?
I read an interesting response from Scott M. a Sales manager from T.A.D rebutting a poor review...he seems to have made some pretty valid points and reasonable justifications for the "Poor reviews" stating that they do "sell so such a high volume of vehicles and that some people are either unrealistic, impossible to please or poorly informed. So with the thousands of vehicles sold...reading 5-8 poor reviews doesnt necessarily mean that T.A.D. is a Scam or Unscrupulous Dealership." Sounds reasonable.
Im bringing this up because Im in the market for a Hummer H2 SUT and they have a pretty extensive inventory of them available. They are an Ebay company but do business off site as well. Im intent on finding one locally here in the Tri State NY,NJ,PA area where I can ideally test drive and personally inspect one but if T.A.D. happens to have one that looks ...after inspecting the many detailed photos they provide, I intend on hiring an Independant Auto Inspector to look at her for me. I really dont want to Fly out to Texas to look for a vehicle. That may sound stupid to some??? Anyone have any thoughts or experiences with T.A. D but more importantly the use of an Indep. Auto Inspection Service. Thanks!!
Old 08-14-2012, 09:37 PM
RossGN
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I bought a BMW740I from them a few years ago. I flew down and picked up the car...it was raining when I picked it up and I failed to see the car had been repainted in places, until I got it home (400 miles away). I had not asked about previous body work (my bad) nor did I do a Carfax (my bad) until a few months later to discover the car had been repossesed in New York. Long story short, it was not a quality car. Big learning experience for me on internet car purchases. My feeling is that they buy cars that the dealers don't want...for whatever reason. The may have some good ones, but mine wasn't. I didn't complain or post bad feedback...just took my lumps, detailed the car and drove it a few years......my experience with TAD was nothing compared to my dissappointment with how fast a BMW depreciates
Old 08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

I have a friend buying from them right now. You need to have whatever you plan to buy inspected. The insection costs 100.00 to 200.00 dollars. This 150 inspection uncovered approx 1k in little misc repairs that needed to be completed for a "sight-unseen-sale" to Virginia. When the dealer was shown the list of needed items for repair...they gladly agreed and repaired them at no extra cost prior to sale. Also...getting the inspection validateds their own in house warranty...that...if you receive the vehicle and don't like it (and had it inspected) you can return the vehicle without penalty.

Do your homework and have the potential vehicle inspected and have them follow thru w any issues that come up w inspection...and your buying experience will be a good one.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:01 PM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 33 Likes on 29 Posts

I live in Houston and know them well.

1. They buy whatever they can buy cheap - they figure most people don't know any better. They have buyers shopping websites and auctions all the time.

2. Most of the cars on their lot have paint work

If you are looking for a 20 footer, TX Direct is your store.

If you are looking for a really clean used vehicle - meaning records, no accidents, no repairs - go elsewhere. Quality used cars are VERY hard to find at the moment.

SGS automotive inspects many types of vehicles - they are the largest company out there. They did lease returns when I worked for Acura and were very accurate. I paid them to go inspect a 9k mile 335 I bought from CT. They missed damage on the rear bumper and paint work. I got my $100 back, but obviously not compensated for the misrepresented vehicle and cost once I had it shipped.

These days - I fly to see the car - paint meter in hand.

Last edited by Closer_2001; 08-18-2012 at 05:03 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To TEXAS AUTO DIRECT & Independant Auto Inspectors

Search this Thread