Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Cadillac

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 05:47 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 319 Likes on 225 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Default Cadillac

Does anyone know where GM builds the Cadillac cars.
Old 01-01-2013, 07:24 PM
MidLifeinMI
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know several of them are built at the Lansing (MI) Grand River plant. The last time I was in that plant, they did the CTS, SRX and STS there. Since that time they've discontinued the STS, and a quick check says that its spot has been replaced by the ATS. I'm not sure where the Escalade is produced, or if the SRX is still built there.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:25 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

The Escalade it produced at the GMT900 plant in Texas.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:53 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Thanx for you reply. I was looking for a new car for my wife. With all of the union bs going on up there with the right to work stuff, I don't want to buy a car built up there but still want something made in the Great USA>
Old 01-01-2013, 09:38 PM
BluegrassMotorsport
Melting Slicks

Received 883 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1121
Thanx for you reply. I was looking for a new car for my wife. With all of the union bs going on up there with the right to work stuff, I don't want to buy a car built up there but still want something made in the Great USA>
I have the utmost respect for that.

The SRX is based on the Chevrolet Quinox/GMC Terrain frame, which I believe are built in both Canada and America, but will eventually be built only in the America.
Old 01-01-2013, 11:30 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

there building[or just starting to] something in tenn at the springhill/saturn plant
Old 01-02-2013, 09:58 AM
ED77KATR
Drifting

Why Whats wrong with a Car Built by people in Michigan who are Just trying to Protect there Jobs. If you were in there shoes about to loose your long term job,you would fight to save it too. The problem isnt the cars, its loosing jobs to overseas manufactuing [China,Etc] Some of the Best Built cars in the World come from The Great State of Michigan. Please reconsider.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
MidLifeinMI
Le Mans Master

Interestingly enough, the two GM plants in Lansing (Grand River and Delta Twp) have some of the highest quality ratings in the world (not just for the US, not just for American marques). Both of those plants are very modern and tend to involve the line workers (yes, UAW) in the quality and decision-making processes. As a result, my experience is that the workers in these plants take more pride and ownership in the product they build than the stereotypical UAW worker. It's definitely not that way in all UAW plants, but these two are good examples of what can be.
Old 01-02-2013, 12:48 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Originally Posted by ED77KATR
Why Whats wrong with a Car Built by people in Michigan who are Just trying to Protect there Jobs. If you were in there shoes about to loose your long term job,you would fight to save it too. The problem isnt the cars, its loosing jobs to overseas manufactuing [China,Etc] Some of the Best Built cars in the World come from The Great State of Michigan. Please reconsider.
I just wanted to know where they were built, don't want to turn this thread into a Political Thread because it is in the wrong forum for that. It's just I watched those union members (probably hired thugs) hit and assult innocent people just asking questions(news media). I lived in NJ for a long time and was a union member for a long time and want no part of this criminal activity nor the people doing it. I live in NC now a "Right to work" state. Everyone should have the Choice!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:50 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Mods Please move this post for me as it looks like it is going to get ugly, maybe to the Political forum. Thank You.
Old 01-02-2013, 06:19 PM
ED77KATR
Drifting

I just wanted to know where they were built, don't want to turn this thread into a Political Thread because it is in the wrong forum for that. It's just I watched those union members (probably hired thugs) hit and assult innocent people just asking questions(news media). I lived in NJ for a long time and was a union member for a long time and want no part of this criminal activity nor the people doing it. I live in NC now a "Right to work" state. Everyone should have the Choice!
Im Sorry if I gave ya the Wrong impression. Im just paasionate about US Jobs. Anyway The Caddy is a great Choice and I applaud your Choice. I was a union worker for 30 years. Near the end of my Career my union left a bad taste in me .... They ordered me to abandon my Company vehicle [city Bus] I had to remind them it wasnt there Vehicle to Ditch. was a nasty Strike in 2005. Then our union officials {Who implored us to Buy American] were leasing Forign made cars for their "jobs" such as Lexus & Mercedes... With our union Dues. Anyway, from one Jersey guy to Another.. YO! FUGETABOUT IT!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:30 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

Im Sorry if I gave ya the Wrong impression. Im just paasionate about US Jobs. Anyway The Caddy is a great Choice and I applaud your Choice. I was a union worker for 30 years. Near the end of my Career my union left a bad taste in me .... They ordered me to abandon my Company vehicle [city Bus] I had to remind them it wasnt there Vehicle to Ditch. was a nasty Strike in 2005. Then our union officials {Who implored us to Buy American] were leasing Forign made cars for their "jobs" such as Lexus & Mercedes... With our union Dues. Anyway, from one Jersey guy to Another.. YO! FUGETABOUT IT!!!
That's funny....Yo U talkin 2 me?
Old 01-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

^^^ this
Old 01-02-2013, 10:21 PM
ls1121
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

St. Jude Donor '14-'15

assaulting people is going a bit too far. hoods and thugs, just my opinion and it's my money to spend where I please.
Old 01-03-2013, 09:32 AM
MidLifeinMI
Le Mans Master

assaulting people is going a bit too far. hoods and thugs, just my opinion and it's my money to spend where I please.
You are correct; many people make their buying decisions on different criteria. While doing your research, take a look back in time to the Ford thugs and their physical assaults on members of the then-new UAW (I know it's old history, but it may be appropriate for background). Not saying either is right here; I'm likely done with GM as well for various reasons (disclaimer: I did own an '08 CTS for a while and really liked that car).

Get notified of new replies

To Cadillac