Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2002 BMW 325i Computer problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2013, 02:31 PM
MardiGrasMan
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2002 BMW 325i Computer problem

I've had the car diagnosed by a reputable mechanic and he says the engine computer module needs to be replaced. He claims that only a factory Dealer can program a new unit. I'm trying to make a decision as to whether I will keep the car or fix it. It runs fair but the check engine light stays on because of a problem with #4 cylinder cutting in and out. Please give me a ball park figure on what a Dealer will charge to replace engine module computer.
Old 01-03-2013, 11:10 PM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MardiGrasMan
I've had the car diagnosed by a reputable mechanic and he says the engine computer module needs to be replaced. He claims that only a factory Dealer can program a new unit. I'm trying to make a decision as to whether I will keep the car or fix it. It runs fair but the check engine light stays on because of a problem with #4 cylinder cutting in and out. Please give me a ball park figure on what a Dealer will charge to replace engine module computer.
I honestly believe you won't get an accurate price on here. Your best bet is to cross shop some dealers for a price quote and see what you get.

Quick Reply: 2002 BMW 325i Computer problem