Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

My review of the Michelin LTX M/S2 P255/70R16 truck tire

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2013, 02:39 PM
Allthrottleandsomebottle
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 13 Posts
Virginia Events Coordinator
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
NCM Ambassador

Default My review of the Michelin LTX M/S2 P255/70R16 truck tire

FWIW, my review of the Michelin LTX M/S2 P255/70R16 vs. Kelly Safari Trex

I have a new style 1999 GMC Sierra SLE short bed with a 4.8L/Auto/ 3.73/ headers/ CAI/ tune and an OEM trailering package with 182,000 miles that has close to 225 RWHP/250 RWTQ.

I drive this truck like one of my C5 Vettes so new tires ranging in size from a P275 or 265/70R16 to the OEM size P255/70R16 last me around 45K miles with a tire rotation at every 6,500 miles and at least a monthly tire pressure check.

These Kelly’s gave me 47K out of a 50K warranty, not bad for wear, but not a good tire in the cold, wet or snow after 10K miles

I paid $139 ea installed and out the door for (4) new Kelly’s in Aug. 2008 from Tread Quarters without a road hazard warranty.

I had to buy (1) replacement tire due to a ¼” screw in the side wall in Nov 2009, $160 installed and out the door without a road hazard warranty (about $19 a tire).

Norma, my Fiancé’ has always used these Michelin tires on her Explorers for many years with great success.

She likes the way they ride and feel and when I drive her truck in town and on trips they do perform well.

I believe over the last few years due to their own research and consumer feedback, Michelin has been even more focused on lowering their retail price points to be even more competitive in the various tire categories including the Pilot Super Sport.

For ~$20 more each tire out the door at SAM’s club last month, I got the Michelin LTX M/S2 P255/70R16 with a 6 Year / 70,000 Mile
Half mileage for rear if different size than front warranty, road hazard warranty, for life rotation/rebalance and the Michelin PROMISE Plan. I have also bought from Tire Rack in the past, but this was the best deal at the time!

I only have 250 miles on them so far, but these took much less weight to balance, are quiet, roll very easily, are smooth even on rougher roads and have a very quick turn in for a good response to driver input.
These were just made in week 50 of 2012!

Quick Reply: My review of the Michelin LTX M/S2 P255/70R16 truck tire