Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS/FT: 1993 Mazda RX7 LS1 422hp/3841tq

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 09:05 PM
import810
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS/FT: 1993 Mazda RX7 LS1 422hp/3841tq

I'm selling my project of 3.5 years due to financial constraints. It's pretty complete but needs a few pieces here and there and a paint job to be in tip top shape. The car has been my pride and joy and is pretty fast as it stands....for a street car, I just need something I can daily drive.

I am negotiable on the car and I'm willing to sell it in all different kinds of configurations including but not limited to: Roller with stock subframe, Roller with v8 equipment, LS1/T56 swap alone, Engine & Trans & Swap parts together.

I am also up for trades of almost any kind. I really would like to get something with 4 seats like an e36 m3 or 2.5rs or wrx or 240sx, or a toyota tundra or anything more practical for a daily driver that I can carry all of my snowboard gear and other things.

This car is currently my only car and daily driver. I use it to commute to Sacramento and the Bay Area from Chico so I have trust it can make it anywhere.

Here are the details:

Price: $16,000
Year: 1993
Make: Mazda
Model:RX-7 Touring
Mileage:120xxx
Title: Warranty Return (back in 95’)

Background:
I purchased this car bone stock in August of 2009. The car was an automatic 1993 Mazda VR RX7 touring edition. The car had been sitting in an older gentlemen’s backyard and not been driven in approximately 3 years due to engine problems. The car had a warranty return title due to problems with the fuel system back in the early 90s but the CARFAX doesn’t show any accidents, thefts, or other problems. I fixed the stock rotary engine and drove the car around for a few months and then decided to start the swap. The build took around 3 years total to make the car road worthy. I have a few pictures and tons of receipts for documenting the build. I used advice from V8rx7forum and NoRotors and local folks to put everything together. I will go over the complete different sections of the car:

Body: 6/10. The car needs a paint job and it does have a few dings and dents but nothing bigger than a quarter. However from 20 feet away it looks good.

Interior: 8/10. Everything that is in the car is in great condition except for a few items that are partially broken. The top dash vent is broken and the gauge hood is broken as well as part of the glovebox. The seats and the rest of the interior are in great condition though, I just haven’t had the money to fix everything up.

Wiring: The wiring was done using Danzan’s method and for everything except the fuel pump which was hooked into the existing circuit. All connections were soldered and taped. The ECU is currently underneath the carpet because I didn’t want to cut the fins off the ECU to fit it in the kick panel. All of the gauges work except the tach is off. It worked fine a year ago but has been acting up slowly. I researched the issue and the capacitors on the FD tachs go out and commonly need to be replaced. I spent nearly 2 weeks going through the entire front harness to eliminate unneeded circuits and connectors.

Motor: The motor is a 2002 LS1 from a Camaro with the ls6 engine block, patriot heads, comp cam, UD pulley, and a few other things. The motor was put together by Newtech Performance in Hayward, CA and made 422hp/389tq on the dyno in June of 2012. The complete specs can be seen in the attached excel spread sheet.

Transmission: The transmission is a T56 from a 2002 Camaro SS. The transmission shifts great through all gears with no grinds. It currently has a Hurst pro shifter and handle with a ball style ****. The clutch is a Clustmasters stage 2 clutch that grabs hard. The flywheel is a lightened Fidanza flywheel. The car also comes equipped with a quick bleeder and stainless steel clutch lines. The rear end is the stock 3.9 rear with SuperPro bushings.

Swap Parts: I used the standard Hinson mounting kit with ES polyurethane mounts to hold the motor an transmission in place. The intake and radiator is from Justin Samberg at Samberg Performance and is the first variation of the kit he sells. I changed the automatic pedals in the car for a set of manual pedals and added a Wilwood 7/8 clutch master cylinder to control the slave. The speedo was corrected using a Digital Dakota SGI-5 adapter. Finally I used JTR 1 7/8 coated longtube headers to a custom Y pipe to a 3” Racing Beat Single Tip exhaust. The battery is a Miata battery that was relocated to behind the passenger seat. The fuel system consists of a Walbro 255lph pump, c5 regulator, and 28# injectors.

Cons:
I put a lot of time and thought in putting this car together and did not cheap out on parts. I have driven this car over 5000 miles with very few issues. The car currently has some issues that I have not addressed due to a lack of funds (broke college student). Here is a basic list of all of the cons I can think of:
-Glove box, gauge hood, dash vent broken
-Car surges under 1500rpm bad due to large cam (Tuner said there are other cams that would smooth out much nicer for a daily driver)
-Warranty Return title (no accidents, no theft, due to original motor/fuel system)
-Bose tube removed but still has Bose carpet and hatch cover
-Spoiler included but mounting point broken (currently removed)
-Needs a paint job
-Needs pillowball mounts!
-Vibration in car due to solid motor/trans mounts
-Headlight Cover Broken
-No smog (can be worked out)

Here is a video of the car. I can get a better one soon. Currently the rear bumper is removed and I'm prepping it for paint.

93 Mazda RX7 ls1 sale

Also please pm me for an excel spreadsheet to see all of the parts installed on the car.

Thanks, Greg

Quick Reply: FS/FT: 1993 Mazda RX7 LS1 422hp/3841tq