Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

need VIPER help gents..

Old 04-16-2013, 11:15 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by flea_sly
Need some help from the Viper experts...

I'm getting pretty partial to the White vipers. Did they make any white non striped vipers in 08 or 09? I've seen 1 09' for sale but has blue stripes. Also, gen 5 vipers what are the most desirable colors and least desriable?
All possible colours:

As for gen V, just go with what you like. It wont appreciate in value.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:51 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by forensicsteve
I trust my Dodge dealer. If he says that half of the ones they sold wrecked badly, I believe him. Does not mean that 50% are lost from every dealership, just from this particular one. I'm on my second viper and drive it with the greatest of respect.

In many ways vipers are crude, but that has always been the attraction for viper owners. We don't want the nanny controls. Many who are interested in the 2013 viper with its forced Federally mandated safety features, are already figuring ways to disable them.

Yep...definitely showing ignorance.
My guess is that you have never owned or even sat in a viper, figuring out how to turn off the nannies? ... It's called pushing a button.

BTW the OP was asking for opinions of viper experts not people who obviously never sat in one, why are you talking?
Old 04-23-2013, 06:11 PM
flea_sly
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok gentlemen,

I'm currently looking at an 08' couple in Snake Skin Green with white stripes. I'm not usually a green guy, but this viper in this color immediately attracts me to it.

My question for viper owners is, is the snake skin green a desirable color and would people want to buy a viper in that color. I tend to go through cars and need to think about if their would be enough interest in that color to sell it in a reasonable time frame. I do like Toxic orange and white coupes as well, not as much as the snake skin green.
Old 04-24-2013, 12:27 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Ok gentlemen,

I'm currently looking at an 08' couple in Snake Skin Green with white stripes. I'm not usually a green guy, but this viper in this color immediately attracts me to it.

My question for viper owners is, is the snake skin green a desirable color and would people want to buy a viper in that color. I tend to go through cars and need to think about if their would be enough interest in that color to sell it in a reasonable time frame. I do like Toxic orange and white coupes as well, not as much as the snake skin green.
SSG is a very desirable color, IMO, just get the color you like best, don't worry what others think, you can go wrong with any color viper.
Old 04-24-2013, 07:07 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
SSG is a very desirable color, IMO, just get the color you like best, don't worry what others think, you can go wrong with any color viper.
I am NOT a green guy but I will say that the SSG is a great looking color. I would not buy SSG even if it was a great deal, just don't like green.

I do agree, buy what you like and when it comes time to sell worry about it then, don't save your ride for the next guy...drive it.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:19 AM
flea_sly
Instructor

Originally Posted by Capt Van
I am NOT a green guy but I will say that the SSG is a great looking color. I would not buy SSG even if it was a great deal, just don't like green.

I do agree, buy what you like and when it comes time to sell worry about it then, don't save your ride for the next guy...drive it.
What I want to know from you guys is it's not a matter of if I will sell the car. Its a matter of when I would end up selling the car.

So is their a market for the SSG where I could sell it in a reasonable amount of time or would it be a difficult sell you think? I also like white coupes and toxic orange.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:39 AM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 740 Likes on 291 Posts

SSG is a VERY desirable color. as long as the price is right, you won't have any problem selling it. If I didn't already have an 08 black/white stripes, I'd buy the SSG.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:57 AM
flea_sly
Instructor

Here is the one specifically that I'm looking at:

http://www.chicagomotorcars.com/web/...inois/1323158/

They just got the car in and it's completely stock with 5k miles on it. They are asking 69,800 for it, which I think is to high. I think it should be in the 64-66k range. Opinions on where you guys think price should be at?

Also, one more question. What do you guys seeing the Gen 4 prices doing with the Gen5 coming out now. Think it will slip down over the next 6 months as more people trade Gen4 for 5's?

thank you guys
Old 04-24-2013, 04:22 PM
ZEEEE06
Safety Car

Location: PERCUSSIVE MAINTENANCE: The art of whacking the crap out of an electronic device to get it to work.
Received 740 Likes on 291 Posts

They just got the car in and it's completely stock with 5k miles on it. They are asking 69,800 for it, which I think is to high. I think it should be in the 64-66k range. Opinions on where you guys think price should be at?

Also, one more question. What do you guys seeing the Gen 4 prices doing with the Gen5 coming out now. Think it will slip down over the next 6 months as more people trade Gen4 for 5's?

thank you guys
Saw it on ebay. Love it!!! Price might be a little high. Make them an offer. What will happen with Gen 4 prices is pure speculation. Here's mine.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:51 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Originally Posted by ZEEEE06
Saw it on ebay. Love it!!! Price might be a little high. Make them an offer. What will happen with Gen 4 prices is pure speculation. Here's mine.
BAD ***!

I'm starting to regret selling my 10 ACR, the wait for my Gen 5 is killing me. Viper racing yellow with black stripes GTS
Old 04-25-2013, 07:58 AM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '12, '16

thank you guys
Hey that looks like my ZR1 in the background!

Just buy the damn thing already, you want it..get it. Do you still have your trade? If not just call and say will $64,500 buy it today and see what they say. I do like that it is low mileage and great wheels.
Old 04-25-2013, 01:02 PM
forensicsteve
Instructor

[QUOTE]
My guess is that you have never owned or even sat in a viper, figuring out how to turn off the nannies? ... It's called pushing a button.

BTW the OP was asking for opinions of viper experts not people who obviously never sat in one, why are you talking?
Then you would be guessing wrong
Had a 2002 GTS, now a Gen III coupe, although does not make me an expert....just had vipers for a few years. I am guessing you do claim to be an expert.....awesome. I surrender to your superior knowledge and wisdom.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:15 PM
flea_sly
Instructor

Well guys I attempted to work out a deal with them on that SSG coupe and he would only come down to 69k. I told him no way and that I would keep looking around.

Back to square one Captain, lol. I'm in no hurry, I sold my Z in 30 hours on this site and in no rush to buy a viper. I'm looking for the right one and the right deal and I'm in position to do exactly that.

I'm a little nervous about buying one now until the new one is released. I don't want to take a big hit later if I buy now and Gen4 prices go down due to Gen5 being out.

If anyone finds some good deals let me know please.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: need VIPER help gents..