Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Texting Teen ruins my CTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2013, 04:56 PM
Bimmervet
Melting Slicks

Received 89 Likes on 64 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Default Texting Teen ruins my CTS

Two years ago a teenage girl was texting and smashed into my CTS causing over $10000 in damage. The car has never been the same since and has been a battle with her insurance. Allstate. CD never worked again, and has a whining noise from the rear diff. Allstate said it was common for a CTS. I opened a new claim with my agent, State Farm, and went after Allstate again. Said same common wear and tear. Now the differential is getting worse took it to a dealer they said it could go out soon and would be about $3000 to fix. I said that is enough and sold it.
I just bought a BMW 325i Sport Wagon today. This is the 3rd Bimmer I had and hear is a picture. It is a 2001 and is MINT. I saved my 18" 2 piece Mags from my 330i and they are going on as soon as Discount Tire Direct Delivers my new tires
Old 04-04-2013, 06:20 PM
PeterK
Team Owner

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12
2012 Election Contest Winner

The rear differential woes are common to CTS. Not quite sure how the broken CD could be linked to the accidents. Overall, these first gen CTS were typical, poorly built GM cars that don't age well.

Quick Reply: Texting Teen ruins my CTS