Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I need some help deciding on a new car..!?

Old 05-13-2013, 03:30 PM
mowe
Drifting

Received 217 Likes on 108 Posts

I am not a fan of the Merc...BMW FTW...the 550's are sexy w/the M pkg and I believe its a better trans....
Old 05-13-2013, 05:57 PM
WAwatchnut
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

If the OP had actually asked some real questions, it wouldn't have sounded like useless boasting.

I'm trying to decide if the Benz or the BMW would be more reliable.

I'm wondering which would be more fun to drive after owning it for a year.

Which one has the more comfortable ride.

Etc, etc.

Instead it comes across as either useless boasting - "hey look! I have so much money, I can buy whatever I want, without even knowing what I'm buying" or just useless - "I'm gonna buy a really expensive car without having any actual thoughts about the car".

Good luck with your decision.sorry about the grief you received, but it's not a huge surprise.
Old 05-14-2013, 02:41 PM
Z0Sick6
Le Mans Master

Location: North/Central NJ - a.k.a. Gotti in the CFNE section
Received 1,526 Likes on 519 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

CLS 110% ... The 550 is nice but can't tell it apart from a 528... they are a dumb a dozen (that body) except the exhaust tips are different.

The new CLS is really dope... nuff said' and you dont see that money... NO WHERE compared to a 5 series...

Old 05-14-2013, 07:50 PM
ALMS21
Melting Slicks

Received 56 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by 09REAPER
I wasn't flaunting I don't know much about German cars and I didn't know if the Benz was better than the BMW I figured a bunch of fellow Vette owners would know but I guess there just a bunch of guys that can't help anyone unless it has to do with a corvette which is why most car clubs think we're all dicks... And just to clear the air before I bought my Vette I had a cobra and pissed on plenty of u guys that thought u were fast!!! Just sayin...!! Just sounds like unfriendly people!!!

Don't sweat the asshat jealous dbags. In no way, shape or form did your post come across in a boastful manner. If these people would ever broaden their horizons beyond CF, they would realize this. I experienced this same sort of thing on here when I sold my Z06 and bought a Porsche 997 Turbo. You want to see real douchebaggery boasting, just head over to Luxury4Play and check out the tool bags posting a picture of their watch beside their bar tab bill where they just flushed $1,000 down the drain on "bottle service at the club".

To your question, there is a thread on 6Speed of someone that tuned their BMW 550 to nearly 600Hp at the wheels. I know the CLS is a helluva car but I just find BMW's to be more of a driver's car than the Benz......although the current model year (F series) BMW's apparently are less and less a driver's car.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:13 PM
IrishSpuds
Le Mans Master

Received 463 Likes on 243 Posts
St. Jude Donor '13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

Trying to figure out if I should spend a billion dollars in a new toilet seat or just buy a mule. Don't really know the difference between the two, but boy do I have so much money .......
Old 05-15-2013, 12:16 AM
TrueBlueConvert
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think the CLS is drop dead sexy, But with that said power being equal after a tune between the two BMW has always been more of a drivers car and relaying more feedback to the driver (then Merc's)and if you actually have to use the back seat for full grown people I would have to give the nod to the Bimmer. And if you already have the Corvette I think I would like the understated sleeper aspect of the 550 they'll never see you coming but they sure will see your **** rolling out. My 2c.

P.S. oh and I do also like the idea of covered maintenance.
Old 05-18-2013, 07:17 PM
986_C6
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Depending on what your budget is, may i suggest a used Maser QP?

The Mercs and BMWs are always respectable cars. But being car guys, and always looking for the perfect blend of style/power/fun/balance/practicality/reliability, I think the Quattroporte fits the bill. I had the first 2 gens of XJR's before I got the QP, and everything still works as a family car, except it may be slightly higher on maintenance (before you guys start saying "but, but, but..." my experience with maintenance on a Maserati is slightly higher than a Porsche, maybe 10-15%, and the P-car in my mind is similar to MB and BMW (except for the BMW provided maintenance))

True car guys will always be car guys...GL with your search.

Btw, to all the haters, OP's question is no different than a thread that says, "I am thinking of a commuter car, what do you think of a Mazda3, or a Chevy Cruz?" Some of you guys really have issues...
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM
mattkilla2015
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Have you heard about new 2014 s class? My god,that interior...plus a lot of new tech for benz. It has some cues from the cls.
http://www.autoblog.com/2013/05/17/2...uction-videos/
Old 05-21-2013, 01:54 AM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by 986_C6

The Mercs and BMWs are always respectable cars. But being car guys, and always looking for the perfect blend of style/power/fun/balance/practicality/reliability, I think the Quattroporte fits the bill. I had the first 2 gens of XJR's before I got the QP, and everything still works as a family car, except it may be slightly higher on maintenance (before you guys start saying "but, but, but..." my experience with maintenance on a Maserati is slightly higher than a Porsche, maybe 10-15%, and the P-car in my mind is similar to MB and BMW (except for the BMW provided maintenance))

Btw, to all the haters, OP's question is no different than a thread that says, "I am thinking of a commuter car, what do you think of a Mazda3, or a Chevy Cruz?" Some of you guys really have issues...
My neighbor has a Maserati 4.7, it is a nice looking car with great sound.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:35 AM
986_C6
Drifting

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Gering
My neighbor has a Maserati 4.7, it is a nice looking car with great sound.

And I only have the 4.2, and it sounds awesome already...will pickup a gts exhaust system in the future for sure to light it up!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:19 AM
09REAPER
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for your input guys I really appreciate it... I think ima roll with the BMW I test drove both and that 550 m sport makes a bad *** daily driver..!! And as far as the d bags go... I'm 23 and I work my *** off everyday to have the cars I have all you guys sound like a bunch of haters that sit at home on cf all day waiting to gang up on someone for doing better than you the way I see it is I'm doing pretty damn good if corvette owners are hatin on me hahaha I love my corvette and to hang with the corvette owners that are actually kool..! I laugh at you guys that talk **** to everyone for no reason... Cars are cars some cheap some expensive but a real car guy is into anything fast not just a Vette..!! Enough said..!!!
Old 05-24-2013, 03:21 AM
09REAPER
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 986_C6

Those are sick but I need awd I'm in New York and I think that's a little outta my price range lol

Search this Thread