Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I Went to the Dark Side

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2013, 08:14 PM
ATC399
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 768 Likes on 395 Posts

Love the wife..but she will never dictate my car purchases...she has hers and I have mine..jmho..OP do what works for you...
Old 06-04-2013, 01:06 PM
RocketGuy3
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by vrybad
I can certainly agree that he explained his decision to go Porsche this time around.
I disagree that all-around performance goes to the Vette.
An AWD Porsche offers something a Vette never will.
I guess if you live by 'Ring times, then your logic follows.

Can you explain any portion of the bolded statement below?
Doesn't sound like you are joking to me.
Why is it only OK for a woman to make a decision based just on family, practicality or budget reasons?
Just sayin'.
The "man card" thing was a joke. The bolded was me prefacing an honest question. I figured there may be more to why he bought the Porsche, but I didn't know what at the time of making that post. That is why I asked the question. And again, he explained himself, and it turned out that it wasn't just the wife that wanted one -- he wanted one, too, so it wasn't a big compromise.

As for your second question, it is not OK for either partner, man or woman, to veto a decision that their SO wants to make without good reason.

As far as AWD, I assume you're talking about snow traction and whatnot, which is not a consideration for a weekend fun car, personally. My Corvette (or Porsche) would get garaged if weather was a problem. I'll take the extra power and speed, save myself $50K, and if necessary, I can spend it on an actual luxury car to drive when I want to ride around in comfort and practicality.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 06-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Quick Reply: I Went to the Dark Side