Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2013, 01:48 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer

Old 05-25-2013, 09:15 AM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Fake.

Ford has no interest in competing in that market segment again. They lost money or broke even on the last Ford GT. The last Ford GT was only made for Ford's 100th anniversary

The biggest tell that it is fake was this part " Supercharged 6.8L V10" lol
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
Fake.

Ford has no interest in competing in that market segment again. They lost money or broke even on the last Ford GT. The last Ford GT was only made for Ford's 100th anniversary

The biggest tell that it is fake was this part " Supercharged 6.8L V10" lol
Since it's a 4 month old video, perhaps some things have changed, I hear they may use the Shelby's motor, larger supercharger and have about 800 H.P., but that's probably a low estimate, if they do build it. They've already built a special, one off of the Shelby as a tribute to the man with a larger supercharges on it, making 850 H.P.

Since NICE 2005-6 GT's now regularly bring $200K or so, I'd think Ford would be smart enough to place the car in that territory, but again, I'm speculating.....
Old 05-25-2013, 12:44 PM
VRYALT3R3D
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '12

Originally Posted by vigalante
Since it's a 4 month old video, perhaps some things have changed, I hear they may use the Shelby's motor, larger supercharger and have about 800 H.P., but that's probably a low estimate, if they do build it. They've already built a special, one off of the Shelby as a tribute to the man with a larger supercharges on it, making 850 H.P.

Since NICE 2005-6 GT's now regularly bring $200K or so, I'd think Ford would be smart enough to place the car in that territory, but again, I'm speculating.....
Like I said, Ford will not build another GT. That video was not made by Ford. The only reason the Ford GT went up in price is because Ford promised it will be limited production and another one will not ever be made. Ford doesn't even want to compete with the Corvette, why make an exotic fighter that will lose money?
Old 05-25-2013, 06:52 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VRYALT3R3D
Like I said, Ford will not build another GT. That video was not made by Ford. The only reason the Ford GT went up in price is because Ford promised it will be limited production and another one will not ever be made. Ford doesn't even want to compete with the Corvette, why make an exotic fighter that will lose money?
I imagine the same reason that Chrysler makes the Viper, marketing, and bragging rights. (and perhaps to have a nice large poster in every dealership proclaiming YOU make the world's fastest American sports car!) Currently the Viper holds the "Rings" record over the ZR1.

What would a 3000 lb. redone FORD GT, limited to say 1000 cars at 800+ H.P. do for their image in the sports car category? (Much less the uniqueness, and resale value of a very limited run of these!) Isn't it bad enough that a lowly $67K Mustang can hang with both the $125K Viper and the $100+K ZR1!

You also have to realize that about a decade ago, Saleen and Steeda Mustangs were wiping the road race course of the Corvettes and Vipers, and with that said, another $10-$15K worth of suspension work and tires, could very well do it again!
Old 05-25-2013, 09:49 PM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No 2015 Ford GT, sorry.
Old 05-25-2013, 11:43 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Zee0hSix
No 2015 Ford GT, sorry.
Damn, and I was just going for the kids piggy banks!
Old 05-26-2013, 07:03 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

In the video it is called a 2014 model, not 2015.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:29 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Your posts make me believe that you get your "facts" from google
Old 05-26-2013, 07:44 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
Your posts make me believe that you get your "facts" from google
And your disrespectful remarks makes me believe your what, 12 years old?
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

I wouldn't mind having a supercharged 6.8L V10. It's a great motor to start with, just wish there was a good supercharger kit for it.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:26 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

And your disrespectful remarks makes me believe your what, 12 years old?
Nope 36, and if you consider what I said to you "disrespectful" then you are 90 years old, I can be much more harsh then telling someone that they get their info from goggle, as you in fact did, as the will not be any ford GT.

You also make zero sense saying ford doesn't want to compete with corvette, then go off in another post comparing the GT-500 with the Viper and ZR1 corvette, which one is it?

The only thing the GT-500 can do against the Zr1 or the viper is compare in straight line speed, other than that can't compare 2 sports cars with a muscle car.

I've owned or have had extensive driving experience in the 3 cars above, have you?

It say you have goggle experience , which is ok, most people on here go by google or the rags, take it as bible, I prefer to get behind the wheel, rather than trust corporate money driven false opinions.

Do you know how many times road and track have picked M3 BMW's over Z06 corvettes, its a joke and so are the rags.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 05-27-2013 at 12:29 AM.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:26 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Pinky...
I wouldn't mind having a supercharged 6.8L V10. It's a great motor to start with, just wish there was a good supercharger kit for it.
Twin turbo's is the way to go!

FORD MODULAR 6.8l V10 T76 TWIN CUSTOM TURBO CHARGER KIT

GOOD FOR 1500+ HP !!!!

comes with the following item

- T76 .80ar turbo charger X 2 set ( good for 1000 hp each)

- godspeed 60mm gt-serie wastegate x 2 set

- oil feed line , oil drain line kit with fittings x 2 set

- t4 turbine flange x 2 ( for customer to custom make turbo manifold flange)

- 3" v band clamp set x 2 ( for customer to custom make turbo downpipe)

(this is a basic set up, customer is require to custom make turbo manifold and downpipe , intercooler is also require. )

-90 days warranty if item is installed by professional

BIG WHEEL , HUGE COMPRESSOR HOUSING. THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SH%&!!!

TURBO SPEC:

T76 T4 GODZILLA T4 .80ar compressor .81ar turbine

FREAKING HUGE COMPRESSOR HOUSING , 1000 HP !!!!

(check out the picture with the turbo next to the soda can. you can imagine the size of this turbo charger.)

TURBO SPEC:
Intake :3.95 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .80 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter 76.80mm / 102.35mm
Turbine Wheel diameter 72.78mm /64.20mm
Exhaust trim: .81ar
Turbine flange type: t4 flange
Downpipe flange type : 3 inch v band flange
Cooling type: oil cooled only
Horsepower rating: 1000+ hp

(customer is require to custom make turbo manifold and turbo down pipe )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FORD-MODULAR-6-8L-V10-T76-CUSTOM-TWIN-TURBO-KIT-1500hp-/380464485536?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item58957354a0
Old 05-27-2013, 12:32 AM
Pinky...
Melting Slicks

That's neat but entirely useless. What the hell are you going to do with a truck that makes 1500 HP? Secondly, the motor would have to be built as hell to withstand that stress.
Old 05-27-2013, 12:36 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Nope 36, and if you consider what I said to you "disrespectful" then you are 90 years old, I can be much more harsh then telling someone that they get their info from goggle, as you in fact did, as the will not be any ford GT.

You also make zero sense saying ford doesn't want to compete with corvette, then go off in another post comparing the GT-500 with the Viper and ZR1 corvette, which one is it?

The only thing the GT-500 can do against the Zr1 or the viper is compare in straight line speed, other than that can't compare 2 sports cars with a muscle car.

I've owned or have had extensive driving experience in the 3 cars above, have you?

It say you have goggle experience , which is ok, most people on here go by google or the rags, take it as bible, I prefer to get behind the wheel, rather than trust corporate money driven false opinions.
Let's see sonny, I'm old enough to be your father and was racing cars back in the early 60's so I do have some experience, both drag racing and Lime Rock! Yes, I've driven the ZR1 and owned a 2006 Viper, and currently have a 13 Boss with a Hellion twin system on it. The Boss, for what I'm looking for as a street car is the best of the 3. If I ever want to go back to the road courses, I can throw on a few thousand # of suspension upgrades, and a decent set of tires and definitely run with most production cars. Having said that, I expect you'll have some BS to throw back at me, so I'll await your reply!

All are decent performing cars, and having put up that video, I was simply looking for feedback, not some snot nosed kid, thinking he's the s***s!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Pinky...
That's neat but entirely useless. What the hell are you going to do with a truck that makes 1500 HP? Secondly, the motor would have to be built as hell to withstand that stress.
Well you don't go for 1500 HP, and they are strong enough to produce 800-850 HP with ease. It's a safe kit for exactly what you were talking about, only turbo's instead of a supercharger!
Old 05-27-2013, 12:39 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Twin turbo's is the way to go!

FORD MODULAR 6.8l V10 T76 TWIN CUSTOM TURBO CHARGER KIT

GOOD FOR 1500+ HP !!!!

comes with the following item

- T76 .80ar turbo charger X 2 set ( good for 1000 hp each)

- godspeed 60mm gt-serie wastegate x 2 set

- oil feed line , oil drain line kit with fittings x 2 set

- t4 turbine flange x 2 ( for customer to custom make turbo manifold flange)

- 3" v band clamp set x 2 ( for customer to custom make turbo downpipe)

(this is a basic set up, customer is require to custom make turbo manifold and downpipe , intercooler is also require. )

-90 days warranty if item is installed by professional

BIG WHEEL , HUGE COMPRESSOR HOUSING. THIS IS SOME SERIOUS SH%&!!!

TURBO SPEC:

T76 T4 GODZILLA T4 .80ar compressor .81ar turbine

FREAKING HUGE COMPRESSOR HOUSING , 1000 HP !!!!

(check out the picture with the turbo next to the soda can. you can imagine the size of this turbo charger.)

TURBO SPEC:
Intake :3.95 inch
Outlet: 2.5 inch
Compressor trim: .80 ar
Compressor Wheel diameter 76.80mm / 102.35mm
Turbine Wheel diameter 72.78mm /64.20mm
Exhaust trim: .81ar
Turbine flange type: t4 flange
Downpipe flange type : 3 inch v band flange
Cooling type: oil cooled only
Horsepower rating: 1000+ hp

(customer is require to custom make turbo manifold and turbo down pipe )

Ford Modular 6 8L V10 T76 Custom Twin Turbo Kit 1500HP | eBay
I own a supercharged 1000hp viper, so I know how much v -10's love boost, looking at how huge those turbos are, that kit will be a boost lagged pig unless you are on the highway.

Get notified of new replies

To All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer

Old 05-27-2013, 12:43 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

I own a supercharged 1000hp viper, so I know how much v -10's love boost, looking at how huge those turbos are, that kit will be a boost lagged pig unless you are on the highway.
It was used as an example, smaller turbo's are available and since I've had a Banks blow through twin on a '73 Corvette since 1980, I've experimented with much of the newer turbo's coming out and you can buy exactly what you need for your application!
Old 05-27-2013, 01:41 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

It was used as an example, smaller turbo's are available and since I've had a Banks blow through twin on a '73 Corvette since 1980, I've experimented with much of the newer turbo's coming out and you can buy exactly what you need for your application!
Btw I also own a 400 + HP fully built hyabusa , using a GT 39r dbb, the 35 and 40 have to much lag, tea I know turbos as well, actually buyin a Gn as I write this.
The only difference between a turbo and a supercharger, is run of a f a belt , the other other off exhaust .
Old 05-27-2013, 02:03 AM
vigalante
Team Owner

Btw I also own a 400 + HP fully built hyabusa , using a GT 39r dbb, the 35 and 40 have to much lag, tea I know turbos as well, actually buyin a Gn as I write this.
The only difference between a turbo and a supercharger, is run of a f a belt , the other other off exhaust .
I had a Dutweiller built Twin turbo GN with a 4.3L that pulled 919 HP back 15 years ago, the most fun I ever had on the street back then. Made a lot of money on Fountain Ave. Never got into bikes, fell once, didn't enjoy hitting the gravel!

Back running the GN, had it set up with an HKS adjustable push button boost controller, and depending on who I raced could go from 9 lbs. to 25lbs. by just pushing buttons next to the shifter. Found it handy to only beat your competition by a car, street rats always want another shot at you!

Quick Reply: All new Ford GT 2015 teaser trailer