Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Is John C. Moonlighting

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:28 PM
barduch
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Is John C. Moonlighting

Just kidding but this does look an awful lot like his work. Today, the fanciest pants jewelry store in the Minneapolis area hosted an event showcasing "Parmigiani" watches. They sent out invitations that mentioned that a Bugatti Veyron would be on display at the event as Parmigiani has designed a small series of watches inspired by that very car. A couple of million dollars worth of those watches were on display but the star of the show was the Veyron. As we had never seen one in person, my wife and I drove the 80 miles into the city to see it. Well worth the drive. It is a quite spectacular automobile. Here are a couple of more pics of the car to share with my corvette brethren. Nice of Parmigiani and Wixon Jewelers to sponsor the event.

And here are the pricey watches.

Last edited by barduch; 06-07-2013 at 10:21 PM.
Old 06-08-2013, 01:09 AM
Racer
Team Owner

Received 77 Likes on 56 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '11

Love the car, actually would love to see more pics of the watches. I am in the market for watch number 39!
Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 AM
barduch
Drifting

Originally Posted by Racer
Love the car, actually would love to see more pics of the watches. I am in the market for watch number 39!
Hi Tony, here is the only other picture that I took of the watches. These were the super exotic three of the Bugatti collection. They all retailed for about $200,000 each new and, according to the Parmigiani rep, they are already garnering twice that on the collector market just a few years later. They did have some more conventional analog faced watches on display that were part of the same collection but I did not take any pics of those as they just looked like most other beautiful super high end Swiss watches. All of the pictures were taken with my iPhone so not pro quality. By the way, the Veyron is way better looking in person than in pictures or videos. I never thought much of it until seeing it up close and personal. It really is like a piece of art.

Last edited by barduch; 06-08-2013 at 09:05 AM.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:34 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

those watches are cheesy.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:43 AM
barduch
Drifting

Originally Posted by SLO VETTE
those watches are cheesy.
When the Parmigiani rep looked us straight in the eyes and dead panned that "these are true drivers' watches that you can read without moving your hand from the steering wheel", I thought that the top of my wife's head was going to explode as she thought that his comment was so inane. I have to admit that I agreed with her. None the less, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Oh, and I am pretty sure that those watches were manufactured in Switzerland, not Wisconsin.

Get notified of new replies

To Is John C. Moonlighting