Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

HSV GTS & the Chevy SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 07:50 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

Default HSV GTS & the Chevy SS

I like the idea of the Chevy SS. I think it's a stupid name, and they could have at least tried to come up with something, but the car itself, I like.

But I like the HSV GTS a lot more, and feel like they really shortchanged us by not offering that vehicle, in all its glory. Is it expensive? Sure. Is it over the top? Maybe a lot. Is it awesome? Hell yes.

I think it would have been more awesome if rather than straddling the Charger R/T and SRT8 in price and performance, they had decided to just trounce the SRT8 and brought the LSA powered HSV GTS over. Would it have cost more? Obviously, but it would have been the faster, better car.

I guess they're worried that the Australians build a better car than Cadillac and the CTS-V.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:18 PM
RJ-92
Race Director

Received 328 Likes on 157 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I like the idea of the Chevy SS. I think it's a stupid name, and they could have at least tried to come up with something, but the car itself, I like.

But I like the HSV GTS a lot more, and feel like they really shortchanged us by not offering that vehicle, in all its glory. Is it expensive? Sure. Is it over the top? Maybe a lot. Is it awesome? Hell yes.

I think it would have been more awesome if rather than straddling the Charger R/T and SRT8 in price and performance, they had decided to just trounce the SRT8 and brought the LSA powered HSV GTS over. Would it have cost more? Obviously, but it would have been the faster, better car.

I guess they're worried that the Australians build a better car than Cadillac and the CTS-V.

Old 07-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If GM does not make this car available it is going to be a real insult to the performance buffs in this country who bailed them out from going into bankruptcy.

If they're not going to make the new six-cylinder twin turbo that makes more power than the LS3 in the new Impala SS makes, nor make the new LT 1 available when this car 1st comes out let alone the supercharged LSA, they're going to lose at least one customer that I know of.
Old 07-13-2013, 04:09 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,444 Likes on 2,802 Posts

I doubt you will see that turbo mill in an Impala SS. Nobody cares about the Impala anymore except rental fleets. The more interesting application of it is in the big Lambda crossovers IMO.

Get notified of new replies

To HSV GTS & the Chevy SS

Quick Reply: HSV GTS & the Chevy SS