Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Drove my friend's Masarati GranTourismo yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 08:46 AM
keithinspace
Drifting

Received 129 Likes on 90 Posts

Default Drove my friend's Masarati GranTourismo yesterday

Awesome car. 2007, charcoal grey with the anthricite rims and a blood red interior. VERY Italian.

Has the 4.3L Ferrari V8, paddle shifters, and a wicked exhaust note. 7,500 RPM redline and a wicked wail above 6k.

Drove it fast enough to make my friend pucker up in one particular turn. I wasn't going THAT fast, but I acknowledge that being in the passenger's seat can feel a little helpless sometimes. I consider myself a semi-decent driver and I was WELL within all limits throughout.

Funny thing: My 1970 Corvette is certainly slower off the line but I'd probably catch up at some point. Not sure. More certain with the 500+ HP powerplant I'm building now.

But my car is WAAAAAY funner. The rumble of the exhaust...the "approximate" steering...the snick of the stick. All TOTALLY different, more involving, more "organic", and FUNNER.

Not that "The Maz" (as he calls it) is slow. It was absolutely awesome. It just felt like a really, really, really cool Camry.

Just thought I'd share. Not everyone gets to drive a $120k car. I enjoyed it and was happy to park it again.

I'll take my $7k bucket of bolts every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

(Not that I'd turn away driving it again...)

Last edited by keithinspace; 08-18-2013 at 08:49 AM.
Old 08-18-2013, 10:09 AM
carjack007
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by keithinspace
Awesome car. 2007, charcoal grey with the anthricite rims and a blood red interior. VERY Italian.

Has the 4.3L Ferrari V8, paddle shifters, and a wicked exhaust note. 7,500 RPM redline and a wicked wail above 6k.

Drove it fast enough to make my friend pucker up in one particular turn. I wasn't going THAT fast, but I acknowledge that being in the passenger's seat can feel a little helpless sometimes. I consider myself a semi-decent driver and I was WELL within all limits throughout.

Funny thing: My 1970 Corvette is certainly slower off the line but I'd probably catch up at some point. Not sure. More certain with the 500+ HP powerplant I'm building now.

But my car is WAAAAAY funner. The rumble of the exhaust...the "approximate" steering...the snick of the stick. All TOTALLY different, more involving, more "organic", and FUNNER.

Not that "The Maz" (as he calls it) is slow. It was absolutely awesome. It just felt like a really, really, really cool Camry.

Just thought I'd share. Not everyone gets to drive a $120k car. I enjoyed it and was happy to park it again.

I'll take my $7k bucket of bolts every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

(Not that I'd turn away driving it again...)

Quick Reply: Drove my friend's Masarati GranTourismo yesterday