Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FS: baby on the way and Selling my 2011 Dodge Challenger

Old 08-18-2013, 03:01 PM
tatback
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: baby on the way and Selling my 2011 Dodge Challenger

Honestly the only reason Im selling is because the wife and I have our first baby on the way and I need to get something more practical and easier on the wallet.

http://miami.craigslist.org/pbc/cto/4006881193.html
Old 08-18-2013, 05:29 PM
Zee0hSix
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great price on a good looking car. Good luck
Old 08-19-2013, 02:17 PM
tatback
Pro

Thanks man! It was a great car and fun while it lasted but my lil girl is most important now even though she's not here yet lol.
Old 08-19-2013, 03:39 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

Okay, I have to ask: Doesn't your wife have a sedan, SUV, or wagon in which to transport your future child? When we had our first kid, I had my 68 Corvette vert and a Mazda RX3. My wife had a Honda Accord and that's what we used on the weekends.
You may be able to keep your current "baby" and get a 4-door "daily" to transport your upcoming baby, if needed. You can get a decent, reliable and safe sedan for $5000 and your total cost of insurance may not go up, as your Challenger mileage will be reduced.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:14 PM
tatback
Pro

Originally Posted by Dave68
Okay, I have to ask: Doesn't your wife have a sedan, SUV, or wagon in which to transport your future child? When we had our first kid, I had my 68 Corvette vert and a Mazda RX3. My wife had a Honda Accord and that's what we used on the weekends.
You may be able to keep your current "baby" and get a 4-door "daily" to transport your upcoming baby, if needed. You can get a decent, reliable and safe sedan for $5000 and your total cost of insurance may not go up, as your Challenger mileage will be reduced.
Yea she has a new Honda fit that will be paid off in a few months. I'm not selling the challenger because I absolutely have too, I'm selling it to make life that much easier when the little one is here. It served its purpose and now I'm starting a new chapter in my life and want to be completely prepared.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:07 PM
Dave68
Race Director

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

It gets much easier, financially when the kid starts 1st grade, but yes, not having car payments is a big plus, especially if you're saving to buy a house.
Old 08-20-2013, 01:18 PM
tatback
Pro

Originally Posted by Dave68
It gets much easier, financially when the kid starts 1st grade, but yes, not having car payments is a big plus, especially if you're saving to buy a house.
We actually just bought a house about a year and a half ago
But in the end the car is just a car. I was very happy to own it and have a lot of good memories, but that very large car payment will be very useful somewhere else. I don't even want to think about 1st grade yet lol.... I'm looking forward to just seeing her face for the first time.
Old 09-08-2013, 09:20 AM
tatback
Pro

Just one shameless bump for a lazy Sunday morning

Get notified of new replies

To FS: baby on the way and Selling my 2011 Dodge Challenger

Search this Thread