Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2014, 12:01 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 447 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by fitzys60thgrandsport
One more thing I almost forgot. Jeep lets you do Navigation/Radio etc. software updates yourself which is so cool. Go to this sitehttps://rsur.extra.chrysler.com/rsur/Uconnect.do and enter the last 8 of your vin and see if an update is available. You just download it transfer it to a usb drive and plug it in under the hvac controls in the usb port. It will guide you through the steps. Mine came needing an update and after doing the update it added the SRT apps and that included pandora and a host of others. You can also check local fuel prices instantly by distance for premium fuel. Movie showings and times and the weather. Very cool. Also you can use the srt performance pages app and look at all the cars guages digitally such as Trans temp, oil temp pressure, current torque and horsepower. Also download the uconnect app and you can start and shut off the car unlock and lock it from a smartphone app.
Thanks foe the information buddy. I put 246 miles on it today. I love it. I made a couple calls about a supercharger and just waiting to hear back from them. I supercharged my Z06 and it is amazing..
Old 07-02-2014, 12:40 AM
mpuzach
Race Director

Received 1,190 Likes on 594 Posts

I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7L Hemi and absolutely love it. I can't even imagine how sweet the SRT must be.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:20 PM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 2013 Z06
Thanks foe the information buddy. I put 246 miles on it today. I love it. I made a couple calls about a supercharger and just waiting to hear back from them. I supercharged my Z06 and it is amazing..
Sure thing Cars are my wallets weakness. Hope you enjoy it a supercharger will be amazing and pretty much make it demolish anything within reason. Don't know if you have seen the new Hellcat with the 707 horsepower supercharged engine but there is talk it will be coming to the Jeep SRT. Could you imiagine adding 230 horsepower with awd.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:23 PM
fitzys60thgrandsport
Advanced

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I have a 2012 Grand Cherokee Limited with the 5.7L Hemi and absolutely love it. I can't even imagine how sweet the SRT must be.
The 2012 Jeep disign made me fall in love all over again with jeep. I use to love the 90s body style as well but could never afford one back than off a plumbing apprentices salary and still have beer and date night money.
Old 07-02-2014, 01:46 PM
Don-Vette
Race Director

Received 451 Likes on 349 Posts

I see there are still some di#ks on the forum. Nobody needs that. What a a$$ you two are.
In all honesty, WGAF about a Jeep? this is the C6 section of the forum,why not post this crap in the OT?
Old 07-02-2014, 02:32 PM
kimdjay
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the last AutoX event I was at, one of the folks had a issue with his car, but since he was registered already he just figured he'd run. So he decided to run his new SRT Grand Cherokee. I rode along with him and 2 others in the back seats. Wow, all I can say is that is a powerful ride. It threw us around inside and accelerated and cornered amazingly well for a SUV/Truck carrying 4 large sized adults.
Old 07-03-2014, 12:03 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
In all honesty, WGAF about a Jeep? this is the C6 section of the forum,why not post this crap in the OT?
Well dic&head it is funny that there are 40 some comments on here about my SRT Jeep. Seems like a lot of people are interested in them. Again another a$$..
Old 07-03-2014, 05:10 PM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by mpuzach
I looked at and drove a Limited but after getting out of my supercharged Z06 I needed more power. I love this thing.. Perfect winter vehicle...
Old 07-03-2014, 08:21 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by need4speedmotors
Ive had a a Crush on the SRT8 Cherokees for quite some time, as much as I would love one, I find it really silly to own a performance truck, they just never made sense to me, but hopefully in the future finances will allow for a silly performance truck.

How many toys with "silly power" make any sense at all?.......... or how can you ever justify a 50 ft super-boat with twin 1500 hp motors?

Unless you are without any morals, then I can think of a reason
Old 07-03-2014, 09:27 PM
saplumr
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,251 Likes on 895 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
How many toys with "silly power" make any sense at all?.......... or how can you ever justify a 50 ft super-boat with twin 1500 hp motors?

Unless you are without any morals, then I can think of a reason
Spending $70K to 120K on a Corvette makes little to no sense but that's not the reason we buy some vehicles. He likes the jeep so that's where he chose to spend his hard earned cash....that makes perfect sense to me.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:16 AM
ignatkor
Pro

I looked at 2012-2014 generation before getting mine. There was not much difference in comfort and the older 06-10 generation was actually faster even with a smaller 6.1 due to a big difference in weight. So I ended up getting 08. plus I preferred the looks of older generation.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:26 AM
Romulus
Pro

You're concerned about resale but you're jumping from new car to new car as well as dumping money into supercharging a brand new car? I don't get it.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:34 AM
2019 ZR1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

[QUOTE=Romulus;1587284191]You're concerned about resale but you're jumping from new car to new car as well as dumping money into supercharging a brand new car? I don't get it.[/QUOTE

I own a used car lot and have made a lot of connections with new car dealers. I get my vehicles for what the dealer pays. What I meant by be concerned about resale is that when I book this Jeep out using auction reports I lost about $10,000. As you can see I don't really care. I don't really have any hobbies so I put all my"spare money" into my vehicles. Bottom line is even if I loose $20,000 I don't care because when I pull into a car show or even a mall parking lot and someone says NICE CAR it makes it all worth it. I'm not saying I'm rich I'm saying I work hard for my money and having nice vehicles makes it all worth it....
Old 07-08-2014, 12:29 AM
lionsfan5454
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Romulus
You're concerned about resale but you're jumping from new car to new car as well as dumping money into supercharging a brand new car? I don't get it.
Old 07-08-2014, 02:00 PM
IMXCITD
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 307 Likes on 290 Posts

post some pics and your impressions so far.
Old 07-10-2014, 11:52 PM
Donuts
Race Director

Received 113 Likes on 72 Posts

I recently traded my '13 Jeep SRT8 with 18k miles.. I paid 59k new and dealer gave me 49k. I miss the truck but for the money I would get X5M if I was doing it over, mainly because the M is so much easier to mod. That being said, the hemi in stock form does an incredible job moving that truck and very smoothly. Oh, and the sound it makes..

OP I would be extremely cautious doing anything more than an intake and headers. Chrysler holds their tune close and the guys that have cracked the '12 and now '13 tunes are still having fits getting things right. There is no comparing the modding of the Srt motors and your LS7, not even in the same galaxy. Be careful.

Last edited by Donuts; 07-10-2014 at 11:55 PM.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:14 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Received 41 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by VetteGirlMA
I have driven an srt jeep and have owned 2 other srt hemi equipped vehicles. The jeep is nice but a very thirsty vehicle. If you like the grand Cherokee then why not look at one of the non-srt trims? Some of them come very well equipped.

As for resale, it's a Chrysler vehicle and even though it's relatively rare, it will drop like a rock. If you're looking for resale value I would skip it. If you want performance and a really nice sounding engine, then give it a try. The 392 hemi is a nice engine and the charger and challenger I had were both quite fast.
Are you sure you weren't in CO or WA when you wrote that? SRT vehicles hold their value way better than GM vehicles. All of my vettes sank in value like a lead weight.

Get notified of new replies

To Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT

Old 07-14-2014, 07:17 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Originally Posted by Don-Vette
Typical New Yorker.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:19 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Originally Posted by hawkgfr
There is no GM performance SUV in the same hemisphere as the Jeep SRT...

Will out run a lot of Vettes between stop lights and all of them in wet weather...

And don't forget...GM is recalling their recalls now they are so bad...
Well you have to realize that most here count their performance in which type of wax they use.
Old 07-14-2014, 07:28 PM
NocarbutaVetteforme
Drifting

Thank you very much sir!!! You really helped me make me choice. I got the white with the special leather and everything else I could get. I got it for invoice minus $1000. I'm a used car dealer so I have a few friends in the business. I love this thing. Its going to be a great winter. Lol
Congrats! You will love it! There are some good forums out there for info and help.

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/index.php

http://www.jeepgarage.org/forums.php

You are going to like SRT. They are a great bunch of guys and even have tech times on some of the SRT sites. Tune in and ask away about performance mods and any other questions you may have.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT