Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

I went to the dark side

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2014, 08:59 PM
ck9887
Burning Brakes

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickman
CK,

Congrats, man, but it's been 2 WEEKS!!

Cute pics of the dog & car only go so far. Are you havin' so much fun w the Viper that you can't report back to us on how you are liking it vs. your C6?

Update, please. Thank you in advance,

Rickman
The Viper is a totally different beast. I've already had it to the local AutoX.

In comparison with the Vette, the Viper lacks refinement and comfort. The ride is harsh, it's noisy, shifting gears is like shifting a tractor and gas mileage is poor. Of course, I knew all this when I bought the car.

That being said, the car is an absolute thrill to drive. Driving it, you know you are not driving a daily driver but more so a streetable track toy. At the AutoX, the Viper was surprisingly more planted than my Vette was. Understeer was minimal and body roll was also less than with the Vette.

The biggest difference between the two is the attention the car gets. I got compliments on my Vette, but not like the Viper. People point and stare. I've had probably a dozen people walk up to me and ask about the car and I've only had it two weeks.

Vettes are great cars, but so far I'm enjoying the Viper life

Last edited by ck9887; 07-31-2014 at 09:02 PM.
Old 07-31-2014, 10:37 PM
Mr Guns
Drifting

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Congrats on the Viper! It's a beautiful car. I'm hoping to pick one up in the next couple of months, but I'm in no hurry. Waiting on the right car. Your Corvette was my favorite color for the C6.
Old 08-10-2014, 05:30 PM
blackvetterzo6
Le Mans Master

Received 1,017 Likes on 566 Posts

Had the exact same car, put a corsa exhaust on it and it's a totally different car. Stock exhaust sucks. Nice ride

Quick Reply: I went to the dark side