Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2015 Dodge Challenger

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2014, 10:16 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Received 271 Likes on 233 Posts

Default 2015 Dodge Challenger

Out of the 3 or 4 different models which combination of engine and suspension would have good power but be the most comfortable riding?
SXT V6, R/T, R/T with 392 engine, SRT, Hellcat
Attached Images       

Last edited by LS WON; 08-13-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:11 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Received 116 Likes on 79 Posts

My friend has a 5.7 Hemi Charger, and I've beein in the Hellcat. The Hellcat obviously has the most power and is just as comfortable as any other Challenger. The Hellcat only comes with the 8 spd trans, so if you want comfort, that's another plus. It's a pig though at 4,600+ lbs.
Old 08-13-2014, 12:59 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Crabbers
My friend has a 5.7 Hemi Charger, and I've beein in the Hellcat. The Hellcat obviously has the most power and is just as comfortable as any other Challenger. The Hellcat only comes with the 8 spd trans, so if you want comfort, that's another plus. It's a pig though at 4,600+ lbs.
Yes it is heavy. As far as comfort goes I would stay away from any of those high performance suspensions that are extra added options.
So then you say that all Challengers ride smooth and are comfortable?
I test drove 2014 SXT with performance suspension and I didn't like it. The ride was very bumpy. Test drove R/T but wasn't impressed. SRT 392 great power and ride seem fine.
Haven't been in a Hellcat yet or test driven one.
Mustang GT is also way too bumpy on these public roads here.
Mustang V6 with 6 spd. manual ride was fine.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:38 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LS WON
Yes it is heavy. As far as comfort goes I would stay away from any of those high performance suspensions that are extra added options.
So then you say that all Challengers ride smooth and are comfortable?
I test drove 2014 SXT with performance suspension and I didn't like it. The ride was very bumpy. Test drove R/T but wasn't impressed. SRT 392 great power and ride seem fine.
Haven't been in a Hellcat yet or test driven one.
Mustang GT is also way too bumpy on these public roads here.
Mustang V6 with 6 spd. manual ride was fine.
Adjustable suspension. Don't leave it in performance mode and you're fine.

Just my opinion, but there is a pretty big difference between modes. Test drive one thoroughly in all settings to see for yourself as ultimately, only you can make the final decision.

I am lucky enough to be working for Chrysler, so I am around stuff like this a lot and get more exposure

Last edited by Crabbers; 08-13-2014 at 01:44 PM.
Old 08-13-2014, 04:08 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Adjustable suspension. Don't leave it in performance mode and you're fine.

Just my opinion, but there is a pretty big difference between modes. Test drive one thoroughly in all settings to see for yourself as ultimately, only you can make the final decision.

I am lucky enough to be working for Chrysler, so I am around stuff like this a lot and get more exposure
So then right there you can rule out the the SXT and R/T models because those models don't come with that dampening suspension?
Attached Images       
Old 08-14-2014, 09:07 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

That's up to you again. I would rule them out because they aren't SRT products I personally wouldn't buy a Challenger, they're just not for me. You won't be able to get more horsepower for the same money if you go with the Hellcat. Although if you do go with the Hellcat, put different tires on it. The stock rear tires are like 267 or 275, which is ridiculous.

It all depends on how much money you are looking to spend and what you're looking for. The Hellcat is of course the most expensive, but also the fastest.
Old 08-14-2014, 11:12 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

That's up to you again. I would rule them out because they aren't SRT products I personally wouldn't buy a Challenger, they're just not for me. You won't be able to get more horsepower for the same money if you go with the Hellcat. Although if you do go with the Hellcat, put different tires on it. The stock rear tires are like 267 or 275, which is ridiculous.

It all depends on how much money you are looking to spend and what you're looking for. The Hellcat is of course the most expensive, but also the fastest.
As far as softest ride I would have thought the SXT model would be the most smooth on bumpy roads.
Old 08-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

As far as softest ride I would have thought the SXT model would be the most smooth on bumpy roads.
Honestly, to me they felt very similar. I wasn't in them back to back, so the comparison might not be fair. But in my opinion, you won't be uncomfortable in the Hellcat where you would be comfortable in the SXT. Again, drive both back to back, but if you're uncomfortable in the Hellcat, I would think you would be uncomfortable in the SXT as well.

This is all just how I feel about it though. There might be a slight difference, but it's not a stripped out lightened harsh car. It's a big burly muscle car with all of the amenities
Old 08-14-2014, 02:46 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Honestly, to me they felt very similar. I wasn't in them back to back, so the comparison might not be fair. But in my opinion, you won't be uncomfortable in the Hellcat where you would be comfortable in the SXT. Again, drive both back to back, but if you're uncomfortable in the Hellcat, I would think you would be uncomfortable in the SXT as well.

This is all just how I feel about it though. There might be a slight difference, but it's not a stripped out lightened harsh car. It's a big burly muscle car with all of the amenities
I drove an SXT with performance suspension and it rode terrible. I have also driven the R/T and the 392 SRT. Hellcat is the only one I haven't driven.
Maybe the car depending on which model can be ordered from factory so then you can choose to make it the car you want with a softer ride. Those performance suspensions and big low profile tires don't add to the comfortable ride.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:22 PM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

I drove an SXT with performance suspension and it rode terrible. I have also driven the R/T and the 392 SRT. Hellcat is the only one I haven't driven.
Maybe the car depending on which model can be ordered from factory so then you can choose to make it the car you want with a softer ride. Those performance suspensions and big low profile tires don't add to the comfortable ride.
Adjustable suspension ftw
Old 08-14-2014, 04:35 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Adjustable suspension ftw
Old 08-14-2014, 05:17 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

6 speed STICK is available, 15.4 inch BREMBO's and a NICE track car for 4340 lbs.! ....LOVE the whine of that supercharger!

Old 08-15-2014, 01:27 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by vigalante
6 speed STICK is available, 15.4 inch BREMBO's and a NICE track car for 4340 lbs.! ....LOVE the whine of that supercharger!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpGdPIkSL3k
But the new Z-06 which is alot lighter with 650 horses will still outrun the Hellcat?
The ride even on the track looked pretty smooth not jittery like on some cars.

Last edited by LS WON; 08-15-2014 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:26 AM
Crabbers
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by vigalante
I stand corrected

I'm thinking of the Charger. My mistake.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:21 AM
Dean2144
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2015 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat - Jay Leno's Ga…:

http://youtu.be/MWMjR3r-nsI
Old 08-16-2014, 09:34 AM
VetteGirlMA
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I've had SRT charger and challengers prior to the vettes I have now. They really are nice. The charger is nicer inside though and had better electronics. In fact in my estimation the electronics in the srt charger are better than in the c7. But that's my opinion. The charger in srt form is a wicked car. I always wanted to do bad things when I got behind the wheel like cutting people off in traffic, weaving through traffic and generally driving in 3 digit territory. I'm truly amazed that I was never pulled over once. The 392 hemi that I had sounds great when it was winding out, in some ways it still sound better then either the ls3 or lt1 engines I have now.

If you ever b one of those cars, then skip everything and go for the SRT. It's the only one that doesn't depreciate like a rock. These muscle cars do not hold their value very well. There is one more benefit to the SRT and that is the SRT track experience. It's free and comes with a new car. Is a one day racing lesson where you get to drive all of the SRT vehicles (except the viper) on a race track.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:11 AM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by VetteGirlMA
I've had SRT charger and challengers prior to the vettes I have now. They really are nice. The charger is nicer inside though and had better electronics. In fact in my estimation the electronics in the srt charger are better than in the c7. But that's my opinion. The charger in srt form is a wicked car. I always wanted to do bad things when I got behind the wheel like cutting people off in traffic, weaving through traffic and generally driving in 3 digit territory. I'm truly amazed that I was never pulled over once. The 392 hemi that I had sounds great when it was winding out, in some ways it still sound better then either the ls3 or lt1 engines I have now.

If you ever b one of those cars, then skip everything and go for the SRT. It's the only one that doesn't depreciate like a rock. These muscle cars do not hold their value very well. There is one more benefit to the SRT and that is the SRT track experience. It's free and comes with a new car. Is a one day racing lesson where you get to drive all of the SRT vehicles (except the viper) on a race track.
Do you mean go for the SRT Challenger or the Hellcat Challenger?
Challenger has alot more room and ground clearance to work with than the Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To 2015 Dodge Challenger

Old 08-17-2014, 08:47 AM
VetteGirlMA
Burning Brakes

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Do you mean go for the SRT Challenger or the Hellcat Challenger?
Challenger has alot more room and ground clearance to work with than the Corvette.
Either the 392 or the hellcat (6.2 supercharged). The srt badge holds its value better since there are far less of them on the road. Dealers only get a few for allocations, so they are rare to find new ones on lots.

Srt vehicles sit lower as well for the ground effects body kit. I used to have to be just as careful as I am with the vettes going over bumps and driveway entrances.
Old 08-17-2014, 10:16 AM
C5 Pewter Coupe
Race Director

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

But the new Z-06 which is alot lighter with 650 horses will still outrun the Hellcat?
The ride even on the track looked pretty smooth not jittery like on some cars.
new Z06 should DESTROY the Hellcat, no if's ands or buts about it..

(manual to manual or auto to auto)...
Old 08-17-2014, 05:05 PM
LS WON
Team Owner

Originally Posted by C5 Pewter Coupe
new Z06 should DESTROY the Hellcat, no if's ands or buts about it..

(manual to manual or auto to auto)...

Quick Reply: 2015 Dodge Challenger