Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Barrett Jackson Veyron Gets Wheel Upgrade @ Vivid Racing

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 03:51 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Barrett Jackson Veyron Gets Wheel Upgrade @ Vivid Racing

We all know what the Bugatti Veyron is. In fact, its stops people in anything they are doing as seeing one is rare. Having had 2 in the Vivid Racing Garage is impressive. Whats even more impressive is taking this 250+mph car and upgrading the wheels and tires on it so they look that much more awesome. The styling of the 4 turbo 1000hp car is different to say the least if you are use to seeing supercars like the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or your moms Ford Taurus when you were 15. But when you are Craig Jackson owner of the most recognized auction house of cars, Barrett Jackson, you need to step up your Bugatti game. So this silver and black beauty came to Vivid Racing to get some new shoes. Now I have seen the comments of why would you change them or how could you trust another wheel rated to 250mph, but lets be honest, the tire is the important part. As long as the wheel is 1 piece forged, load rated, and true, it will do its job. So for this project we turned to the guys at Cor Wheels.

The Cor Forged Venom Duo-Block Wheels are 1 piece forged aluminum that are finished in a titanium brushed look. The front wheel is a massive 20×11 and the rear is a 21×13. In comparison, our SRT Viper runs a 20×10 and 21×13 and our Porsche 991 Turbo runs a 21×9 and 21×12. The Veyron needs to have some seriously rated meat on those wheels so we went with PIRELLI® 1906000 – P ZERO (285/30ZR20) in the front and PIRELLI® 1997400 – P ZERO (355/25ZR21) for the rears. This was a quick in and out for Mr Jackson so we got some photos and video of the car here. Enjoy them, cause its rare to see a Veyron in the Vivid Racing house!

Old 10-11-2014, 10:02 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Definitely an exotic ride. Wheels look good.
Old 10-11-2014, 10:18 PM
Gering
Tolero Apto Victum
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by JJS04
Definitely an exotic ride. Wheels look good.
Old 10-12-2014, 08:02 AM
st1speed
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats awesome. I have never seen one in real life. And now, I find out there was one in my home town..little ole Gilbert, Az.! Well, it was little back in the 60-70's! You would think that I'd see one where I presently live, in San DIego.
Old 10-12-2014, 09:23 AM
SLO VETTE
Race Director

Received 326 Likes on 188 Posts

That car would be lucky to see 150 let alone 250. You're right, any good forged rim will be fine.
Old 10-12-2014, 11:25 AM
krackenvette
Race Director

Received 163 Likes on 110 Posts

I have seen several in real life, only because when i go to San Diego, I go to La Jolla and there is a dealership that sells exotic cars up there. I saw the blue one used in Road n Track a few years ago. Pictures never do this car justice, that is just me.
Only one looked real ugly, as the paint was tan and brown. Just ugly.
The wheels on this car look real nice. Very OEM looking to, not aftermarket cheap.
Old 10-13-2014, 12:28 PM
0vividracing
Former Vendor

Thank you for all of the great comments, it was tough to not have the shop filled with employees taking cell pics when the car rolled in. Definitely a head turner before and after
Old 10-18-2014, 03:37 AM
Down8
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

I've seen at least 2 Bugs. One long ago at the Sacramento Int'l Auto Show, and this exact car earlier this year. They brought it out for Monterey Motor Week, and it even came by cars and coffee that weekend. Crazy car. New shoes look good.

-bZj

Get notified of new replies

To Barrett Jackson Veyron Gets Wheel Upgrade @ Vivid Racing

Quick Reply: Barrett Jackson Veyron Gets Wheel Upgrade @ Vivid Racing