Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

That pesky Viper TA tried some Italian food, instead of C7Z

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2014, 02:33 PM
FLATOUTVIPER
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Bluedevil15
"ohhh look at me on a track whooo hoooo!"

want a cookie?
Hey your boy said take it to the track, we do, a lot.
Old 12-22-2014, 05:47 PM
K-TownMike
Melting Slicks

Received 731 Likes on 311 Posts

Originally Posted by NineBall
What does this have to do with the C7Z? It is the same car that broke the internet last week, by beating the C7Z. I figured some of you would like to see how the exact same car, does against other fast cars, for comparison's sake. Many of you thought the C7Z just wasn't driven right. That excuse doesn't apply against these two exotics.

The C7Z part 2 will happen. Go have a beer, relax a bit.

And for those who prefer to race magazine articles, here is the research I found for you:

10.5 @ 135 Lambo Huracan
10.9 @ 131 Ferrari 458
11.2 @ 129 SRT Viper

Just proving that magazine articles don't guarantee wins, and that manual cars can still be shifted well.

Tony
Not a surprising outcome given the respective power of these cars, and that you maximized your advantage by starting from a roll. From a dig it would be a different story against the Lambo
Old 12-22-2014, 05:53 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by K-TownMike
Not a surprising outcome given the respective power of these cars, and that you maximized your advantage by starting from a roll. From a dig it would be a different story against the Lambo
Agreed. But, this is how we test them around here. I would rather be at the drag strip. My RT can usually make up for slower ET, most of the time. Fun stuff.
Old 12-22-2014, 06:35 PM
JonathonK
CorvetteForum Editor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Page News

This one definitely makes the Front Page!
https://www.corvetteforum.com/articles/viper-vs-c6-z06/

Old 12-22-2014, 06:54 PM
jimmyb
Race Director

Received 4,248 Likes on 2,023 Posts

The summation of this thread in 30 seconds:

Jimmy
Old 12-22-2014, 08:03 PM
Shurshot
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is the only thread inside the C7Z forum that isn't complaining about the C7Z, and you guys want to make it go away?
Funny post

I like your videos and enjoy the comparisons

That being said all racing needs to be off of the streets. It is not as much about you as it those who may die trying to emulate you and your friends.

It is hard enough to keep children out of harms way these days without the added chance of one of them ending up dead from trying to copy a fellow car guy street racing instead of track racing.

I like you, but if they take your car and give you a couple of years to think about why they did it, they will be justified.
Old 12-22-2014, 09:25 PM
NineBall
Safety Car

Received 107 Likes on 58 Posts

Originally Posted by Shurshot
Funny post

I like your videos and enjoy the comparisons

That being said all racing needs to be off of the streets. It is not as much about you as it those who may die trying to emulate you and your friends.

It is hard enough to keep children out of harms way these days without the added chance of one of them ending up dead from trying to copy a fellow car guy street racing instead of track racing.

I like you, but if they take your car and give you a couple of years to think about why they did it, they will be justified.
I appreciate the concern. But, I actually race about 90% on the track, 10% on the street. We have the occasional impromptu driving cruise, and busy schedules don't always line up with times that tracks are open. If you want to line up with a Huracan or F458, you don't tell those owners that they have to meet you at the drag strip. We are all adults, driving electro-nannied modern cars with stability control, on straight smooth surfaces. They hit 140 in a few seconds. Each of us have MUCH faster cars that we drive. The Huracan owner has a 1700 whp Superleggera, and I have a 1300 rwhp Viper. These are our slow cars, they won't get away from us.
Old 12-22-2014, 10:09 PM
CORVETTEZL1001
Burning Brakes
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts

The Huracan loses its AWD advantage from a roll. The Gen V Viper has always been a "Beast" I'm surprised everyone doesnt understand this a V10 640HP 600 FT LBS of torque. Plus it's NA so no heat soak. I like the TA.
Old 12-22-2014, 11:02 PM
racezx9
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

That was a stupid video
Old 12-22-2014, 11:16 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by ATC399
Not a relevant post to this section or forum.. Nice Viper but who cares.
This section is called "OTHER CARS" if you don't care why post?
Old 12-22-2014, 11:23 PM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

We are all adults, driving electro-nannied modern cars with stability control, on straight smooth surfaces.
How about the old person with handicapped plates that isn't a good driver, how about the 16 year kid in daddy's car that isn't a good driver?

Sorry, it isn't all about you, there are others involved, and no matter how much you try to justify your reckless abandon for the safety of others, you just can't.

I work in the field, and I'm on the road all day, and I've seen all sorts of stuff, and see it on a daily basis.

Also, with the majority of people having cell phones, if you pass someone going 140, they will call 911 and if you get a ticket, you earned it.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:01 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Speednet
You're obviously quite taken with yourself.

Broke the Internet? Hardly. Annoyed a lot of people who want to discuss the Z06 troll-free? Definitely.

The only thing you've done is to encourage a bunch of fanbois of other cars to find a friendly place here to dump on the Z06.

As someone who has been a member of this site for many years, I find your posts to be nothing but self-aggrandized rubbish.

I could care less about your Viper, because frankly it has nothing to do with this website, not to mention its ugly appearance taints this site.

Please take this crap and put it on a Viper forum, where the significantly smaller membership there will appreciate it.
Again another BUTT HURT brand loyalist who "doesn't care" , but still manages to post

Ugly apperance Viper has been and always will be the mich better looking car, do you think there are many Viper owners who haven't owned or own corvettes?
I know I have, and while there are vette owners who own other cars(they are called car enthusiasts ) your post clearly tells everybody that you have never owned a viper, 99% of people who talk crap about Viper never sat in one.

I won't put any of my cars in my avitar anymore, cause if it's not one of my vettes , I must be a fanboy.
Old 12-23-2014, 12:07 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

What does this have to do with the C7Z? It is the same car that broke the internet last week, by beating the C7Z. I figured some of you would like to see how the exact same car, does against other fast cars, for comparison's sake. Many of you thought the C7Z just wasn't driven right. That excuse doesn't apply against these two exotics.

The C7Z part 2 will happen. Go have a beer, relax a bit.

And for those who prefer to race magazine articles, here is the research I found for you:

10.5 @ 135 Lambo Huracan
10.9 @ 131 Ferrari 458
11.2 @ 129 SRT Viper

Just proving that magazine articles don't guarantee wins, and that manual cars can still be shifted well.

Tony
You are trying to rationalize with waxers, they are the only ones who quote or copy and paste mag times.
This site is infested with waxers, back when I 1st joined this board, people actually raced their cars, there was even a "Kill Section"
Old 12-23-2014, 12:09 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
How about the old person with handicapped plates that isn't a good driver, how about the 16 year kid in daddy's car that isn't a good driver?

Sorry, it isn't all about you, there are others involved, and no matter how much you try to justify your reckless abandon for the safety of others, you just can't.

I work in the field, and I'm on the road all day, and I've seen all sorts of stuff, and see it on a daily basis.

Also, with the majority of people having cell phones, if you pass someone going 140, they will call 911 and if you get a ticket, you earned it.
"Old Goat of you don't like..... Don't post
Old 12-23-2014, 12:31 AM
vray
Burning Brakes

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Glenn Quagmire
Another stupid thread about children drag racing on a public freeway.

It's incredibly impressive to watch unskilled DB's roll race on the highway. WOW! Look at how fast that guy is... When will the cops eventually take the driving privileges away from these idiots before someone gets hurt or killed? These are the people that give hi-po car owners a bad rap.

Hey guys, if you're so anxious to impress forum members, why not rent a track and show off your driving skills?

As long as we're posting vids, here are just a handful of other recent ones to enjoy...

Corvette Crash during Street Race - YouTube

http://www.10news.com/news/woman-air...t-racing-crash

http://www.8newsnow.com/story/273411...t-racing-crash

http://abc7.com/news/long-beach-stre...njured/207312/

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2014/...use-for-alarm/

http://www.kpho.com/story/25246366/p...t-racing-crash

http://q13fox.com/2014/09/09/cops-st...ysville-crash/

http://kdvr.com/2014/11/07/head-on-c...-to-hospitals/

http://ksn.com/2014/11/14/drag-racin...heast-wichita/
Old 12-23-2014, 03:45 AM
Skid Row Joe
Team Owner

Received 3,980 Likes on 2,880 Posts

Originally Posted by OLD_GOAT
So what? Your cars are faster than mine.

Big deal.

You remind me of an egotistical street bully looking for crap. I'll take my $130,000 plus car and race your bone stock C7 Z51. So, what have you proven? Absolutely nothing!

All you're proving to people on here is that you have money to spend on cars (lucky sperm club?) and you have a giant ego that has to be noticed.

Sorry if I'm not impressed.

Hopefully you're careful and don't kill either yourself or others with your street racing. Maybe you're bulletproof, however [b]someone you hurt or kill isn't.[/b
Don't know why the site seems to promote street racing by letting ppl post their illegal racing. 140 mph on the street. That's just premeditated murder when you kill others by this behavior.
Old 12-23-2014, 06:37 AM
The_Raging_Bull
Burning Brakes

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Default I suffered through this entire thread

Jeez...
Like the title says, I read every post. I'll bring a little common sense without the name calling etc.

I was in a built 79 Z28 530 hp with a 200 hp nitrous shot in the 80's, then it was state of the art built by an NHRA engine builder. One thing led to another and I decided to open it up on Highway 114 coming out north of Ft Worth/Grapevine headed towards the Trophy Club. Back then it was a 2 lane road going to a little town called Roanoke near where it intersects 377. Then it really was a lonely country farm to market in Texas - Its all built up now.

Like Nineball I was pretty sure I was on the ideal road not to get caught, so I opened the car up; mind you it would do a 127+ in the quarter, but couldn't push through 140 with the high gearing (.410's) -> but I was determined; got the car to 136- 137 - 138 - 139 - Oh $hit -Mars Bars!! I braked hard met & passed a Texas State Patrol at 105.

Well having been raised by a Dallas cop I knew the best course was pull over not run; which I did. He loved the car - we talked about all the mods on the car for 15 minutes - then he gave me my speeding ticket at 105 in a 55...said it could have been reckless driving.

So while it sounds fun, if you ever get caught it hurts as you DO pay to play. The ticket (this was in 1984-85) was only $420. The SR22 high risk insurance was 2500+/year. I paid about 9000.00 extra for insurance for the next 5 years due to that craziness. I'm sure now it would be higher. No insurance company would talk to me about normal insurance for 5 year and 3 months.

Now like some who posted I'll go to a track and catch a lane, racing on the road is just taking too many chances.The Tulsa Vette Sette rents out local track once a year and it costs us each 150.00 to get out there and go 150 to 160 without endangering anyone or getting a ticket.

No one here has talked about the consequences; I thought someone should. Its all fun till you're caught, and then the cop no matter how nice is not going to be understanding. Today that ticket would get you in jail. On top of reckless driving you'd get contest of speed charges as well. In Indiana where I was a coating engineer for four years a ticket like that could land you in the penitentiary - serious time - they were dead serious!!

FYI - My first question that day: "Am I going to jail?" - his response "What have you got in that cat, you sounded like a jet going by!"
Great guy, expensive lesson.

Flames begin!

Last edited by The_Raging_Bull; 12-23-2014 at 06:58 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To That pesky Viper TA tried some Italian food, instead of C7Z

Old 12-23-2014, 07:37 AM
OLD_GOAT
Drifting

Received 396 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by NytmereZ
"Old Goat of you don't like..... Don't post
Hey viperboy, I'll post if I want to. At least I own a Corvette and I belong here.

Another viper owning troll.
Old 12-23-2014, 09:08 AM
C5Dobie
Drifting

Received 155 Likes on 113 Posts

Originally Posted by Skid Row Joe
Don't know why the site seems to promote street racing by letting ppl post their illegal racing. 140 mph on the street. That's just premeditated murder when you kill others by this behavior.
Listen I'm not endorsing this one way or the other, but do you guys own vettes or not? Have you driven an exotic like these and/or a crotch rocket? The amount time/space needed to get up to 140 and back down to 60 is waaaayyyyyy less than 99% of other vehicles on the road. Does that make it ok? No, but there are times I take my C5Z up to 100 on roads where the average car is pushing 80-85 as the normal flow of traffic. I don't need to be an engineer to guaranF'ntee to you that it is safer to travel 100 in my Vette than 85 in a '98 dodge neon - forget about the tire quality, the down forces, the stability, the contact patch- the brakes alone make up the gap. How many people (many on this site and probably ALL of the critics here) drive their uber expensive 3 ton SUVs at 80 on the highway? I own a sierra CC 4x4- tell me how it works out for you when you have jam on the brakes or make a panic swerve going "the speed of traffic" which is 80+ in m any areas, I'll. take my chances doing a buck in the Vette vs. 75-80 in an escalade

Dangerous stuff happens all the time- people mentioned motorists texting etc while driving- that's probably worse than speeding most of the time, and someone mentioned there could be an old motorist on the road - on the flip side how many old timers are putting their cars straight through the front entrance of stores at strip malls? It legitimately happens every other week up in MA- take 'em off the road lol!!!

It didn't look particularly reckless in this video is all I'm pointing out
Old 12-23-2014, 12:37 PM
Yellow03Z06
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

This thread is great

We should all be happy that our Chevys and Dodges are in the same category as those beautiful Italians that cost twice as much.

Last edited by Yellow03Z06; 12-23-2014 at 03:54 PM.

Quick Reply: That pesky Viper TA tried some Italian food, instead of C7Z