Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Toys and their benefits

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2016, 05:42 PM
Orange Skullz
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Toys and their benefits

I ordered a new Harley-Davidson back in 1992 to slow down from riding a Kawasaki Ninja ZX-11. I was at the point I needed to step away from a bike that would get to 100mph in less than 6 seconds and run 175mph. Rode my H-D for 11 years and it to got to a point that kinda got to me. Back in '92 Harley made about 90,000 bikes a year. When that number reaches 400,000 per it's time to step away. I got tired of seeing people on them that didn't really fit. And seeing 10 of the same bike at a rally or big motorcycle show. In 2004 I ordered this bike, the paint color & image, the motor, the rims and a few other things. It was nearly 4x's the cost of my H-D in 1992, but what I wanted. I sold my Harley for $1500 MORE than what I paid for it and it was still stock. Those times nowdays are LOOOONG gone! Best part about my ride is still the appreciation it gets, from some of those uptight H-D folks that seem to think that they shouldn't. Ladies who've never been on a bike, but would jump on this without thinking. But best of all, magazines and there owners who know there's some pretty cool stuff out there on the streets.