Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

FOR SALE Eddie FourFather Hill's personal Chevy powered Ariel Atom

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017, 02:18 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Default FOR SALE Eddie FourFather Hill's personal Chevy powered Ariel Atom

For Sale -SALE PENDING- THANKS FOR LOOKING, EVERYONE! Eddie FourFather Hill's personal Chevy LSJ powered Ariel Atom. The Atom has 8,400 miles on it, but I just installed a brand new Chevy LSJ crate engine for the sale.

It is priced at $62,980, and will come with all the street equipment AND all the racing equipment, and FREE SHIPPING in Continental US !

The sale also includes the 2.2 liter LSJ engine with all forged internals and Harrop supercharger. This spare race engine is now out of the car needing repair of a blown head gasket. I now know the cause, and the cure, of this issue.

Lots of race wheels and tires included. Carbon fiber wings, hood, air box, snorkel, fenders.

These pictures show the car as it is now, with race wheels and tires, and no fenders.

There is literally too much included in this sale to try to list it all here, but if you have an interest, PM me or contact me at www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com and I will be glad to answer all your questions about the car with the extra engine, sets of wheels and tires, and parts.

This thread here " Eddie FourFather Hill Ariel Atom II Ecotec LSJ Performance Upgrade" in off topic, other cars, gives some info about the race engine I built for this car. This extra complete engine is also included with the sale of the car, but it does need a head gasket repair.

Check out this article about this car I have for sale, and the race engine I built for it.
http://www.chevyhardcore.com/feature...-0-ecotec-lsj/

Jay Leno took #1, and I took #72 out of the first batch of Ariels, all Chevy-powered at that time. Ariel no longer offers Chevy engines - they are all Honda now, and as a dealer I need to be driving and racing what we currently have for sale. And I have two Honda powered Atoms of my own, one Eaton supercharged, and one turbocharged, so that is why I am selling my Chevy-powered Atom.

Thanks for looking,

Last edited by FourFather; 06-28-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Old 05-15-2017, 03:27 PM
FourFather
Drifting

More pictures-

I might be open to looking at a trade in, especially if it is something we sell at my dealership www.eddiehillsfuncycles.com We sell Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Polaris, Slingshot, Victory, and Argo (amphibian).

Thanks for looking,
Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 05-15-2017, 07:02 PM
FourFather
Drifting

My Ariel Atom for sale was used as the poster car for AtomFest.

It is a very nice Atom, completely sorted, with a brand new engine in the car, lots of wheels and tires for track and street, and a very high horsepower modified engine (that does need repair of a blown head gasket) all included in the sale.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 05-16-2017, 06:30 PM
FourFather
Drifting

I took the original engine out of the car and made a very high horsepower race/street engine out of it, and that complete engine is also included with the sale of the car. This race engine is now disassembled for inspection and repair of a failed head gasket, which I now know how to cure.

There are THREE complete sets of wheels and tires, some of which have never even been bolted on the car, and two more 14” wide racing wheels with Hoosier racing rubber, and an additional 14” wide racing wheel that has never been used or had a tire on it, for a spare. See pictures for more on the tires and wheels.

HPtuners tuning tool and datalogger included in the sale. This is how I corrected the defective tune that was originally in the car. See the pictured dyno printouts to see how bad the OEM tune was, and how safe and smooth my tune is, and how much more power I made. This tuning tool is mandatory for the race engine, with all the upgrades from stock. Unlimited tuning and datalogging with this.

GoPro Hero camera included with the sale, along with the mount and equipment and instructions.

Spares, chassis and electrical assortment included in sale, in a compartmentalized carrying case, see picture and description included.

Street or track? I’ll be happy to configure the Atom for you for street, track, or street and track, however you want it.

Asking $62,980. The Atom is in my race car shop/Atom Showroom, in Wichita Falls, Texas, and I'll be happy to give a qualified buyer a demo ride.

There is so much to tell, I need more than one post, so I'll stop this one here.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 06-14-2017 at 07:01 PM.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 AM
FourFather
Drifting

There is a brand new Chevy LSJ crate complete engine in the car now, with this setup and tune.

As you can see here, it has a bit over 250 HP at the tires, which should be a bit over 300 flywheel, and it makes this ~1350 pound car accelerate better than just about anything you can buy, regardless of price. It is about 2000 pounds lighter than a Corvette, for instance.

The race engine that I built has not yet been run on a dyno, but the way it pulls the car has to be experienced to be believed. It really does make a nice streetable substitute for my top fuel dragster, especially since I can take my bride with me!

When I walk into the Dairy Queen with my carbon fiber helmet in one hand and the steering wheel in the other, folks look at me like a rock star.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM
FourFather
Drifting

I had this car listed on ebay. After a day and a half ebay sent me a notice that the car sold, awaiting payment. The "buyer" never sent any funds, so the car is still available, and it is relisted on ebay.

Cheers,

Eddie fourFather Hill
Old 06-05-2017, 07:50 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Huge fun on the street or track. Outrun cars costing much, much more. Extremely low operating costs. Very low maintenance.

Here is some actual Atom data I recorded at Eagles Canyon Raceway near Decatur, Texas. Check the gee!

Cheers,

Eddie fourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 06-05-2017 at 07:54 PM.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:28 AM
FourFather
Drifting

This Atom is completely ready to go, needng nothing. I'll configure the car for your intended use, whether street only, track only, or for street AND track, your choice.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 06-08-2017, 01:52 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Check out new lower price of $62,980, and FREE SHIPPING in the Continental US!

Regards,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 06-14-2017, 07:19 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Another picture-

This one owner/driver Ariel Atom is owned, driven, raced, sorted and prepared, and now offered for sale, by the only person in the world (so far) that has won the top fuel championship on land and water. I know, I know, that doesn't make it worth any more money. But if you buy it, that might make for some conversation some time.

Almost forty years ago, I bought a real Lola T-70 coupe, # SL73-117 that belonged to James Garner (Rockford Files, Maverick). Although I did not pay any more for the car because of that, I did mention it to everyone I talked to about the car.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie
Old 06-17-2017, 09:54 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Here are some public answers to some private questions-

I do have the roll bar, I just removed it when the car arrived and have never had it back on. It is perfect, I just prefer the look without it and have never run them on any of my Atoms. The car was not equipped with wings as it came from Brammo, I added those later, bought through TMI, but they came from the original factory supplier in England (took a while to get them). There is no rust on the car- it has spent all its life here in Wichita Falls, far north Texas, close to Oklahoma, and drought is more of a problem here than rust. I have never had any track damage with any of my Atoms. I have had a four offs in the ten years I've been tracking my various Atom demonstrators, but just in the grass, and only a few feet off track, never anywhere close to a tire wall or anything else.

I do have ads on the Ariel Atom Chat forum-

and USA7s forum

The estimated 500HP 2.2 liter race engine that I built out of the original engine that came in the car has many thousands of $ worth of upgrade parts, that might could be sold, to help defray the purchase price, if you bought this and did not want to fix the head gasket problem and put it back in the car. The car as it sits now has a brand new complete crate engine with no track or street miles, just a few miles after the install to verify all is as it should be.

I do have a copy of the original MCO, where Brammo transferred it to me, certified first transfer. I surrendered the original to Texas and have the Texas Certificate of Title, showing Brammo transferred ownership to Eddie Hill, mileage 9 odometer reading. on 07/24/2007.

Specs as listed:

GM Ecotec 2.0 Liter 245hp 215 lb/hp Supercharged
Ceramic Coated Steel Header and Exhaust (Which fell apart and I replaced with Hytech Stainless Steel, ceramic Coated header and collector and pipe, and three mufflers of different sound level that can be fitted to suit your taste of exhaust note)

Track Brake Package

Koni Aluminum 2-way Adjustable Dampers 3012

Billett Aluminum Steering Rack

Quick Release Steering Wheel Hub

Carbon Fiber Body Work

Carbon Fiber Extended Fenders

15" Front/16" Rear - 12 Spoke - Silver

Yokohama Advan AO48-205/50R15 Front, 225/45R16 Rear

Masterlube Accumulator System - Ecotec Engines

Roll Protection Bar

Remote Brake Bias Adjuster

Battery Master Switch

Towing Eye Kit

FIA High Intensity Rain Light

SPA Carbon Fiber Race Mirrors

Individual Seating Package

3" Competition Six-Point Belts

3" Competition Seat Belt Pads

Road Race Lighting Kit

12 Volt Power Source

Billet Aluminum Accelerator Pedal

Passenger Foot Rest

Driver Dead Pedal

Locking Fuel Cap

I have added the expensive and very nice Palatov billett Aluminum rear uprights which have the upsized and sealed Porsche bearings- bullet proof!

The rear firewall is now removable with screws (had to carefully drill out all those rivets) to gain access to replace the fuel tank filler and fuel pump gaskets that Brammo used, and that came apart and stopped up the fuel pump filter. My gaskets don't come apart due to gasoline exposure. Big job, but a very nice upgrade.

The intercooler pump now turns the right direction and actually pumps coolant- was wired backwards from Brammo

I replaced the small steel and ineffective original intercooler radiator with a larger and much more efficient aluminum radiator with two fans.

I replaced the tiny intercooler plastic filler and cap with a proper aluminum expansion tank and 22 psi cap

I installed Hawk blue brake pads- better on the street and much better on track

Thanks for looking,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 06-21-2017, 10:21 AM
FourFather
Drifting

SALE PENDING- THANKS FOR LOOKING, EVERYONE! I am going to offer to sell the 2.2 liter modified LSJ engine with estimated 500 HP separately from the Atom II that I'm offering for sale. I built this engine for this car but the engine now needs repair of a failed head gasket. I now know what caused the gasket failure, and how to prevent a repeat.

As you can see in this thread, I used all the very best components, and the Atom was a rocket ship with this engine in it. I have some documented performance figures while testing, before the gasket issue, and the car was flying with this much HP.

I have pictures of all the components as the engine sits now, disassembled for inspection/repair, that I can post if interested.

I'm thinking $7,500 for all of it, but will listen to a reasonable offer.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 06-28-2017 at 09:29 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To FOR SALE Eddie FourFather Hill's personal Chevy powered Ariel Atom

Quick Reply: FOR SALE Eddie FourFather Hill's personal Chevy powered Ariel Atom