Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

2017 Ariel Atom 3 Turbo FOR SALE

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 01:58 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Received 67 Likes on 16 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17,'22

Default 2017 Ariel Atom 3 Turbo FOR SALE

2017 Ariel Atom 3 Turbo - Carbon Fiber Edition - FOR SALE Now-Oct 6, Sold! Thanks, everyone.

This incredibly beautiful and fast Ariel Atom 3 Turbo, Carbon Fiber Edition, is one that I ordered for myself, to be used as my own company car/demonstrator. In my ten years of street driving, racing, and selling (I have sold twenty six of them so far) these fantastic cars, I have developed what I consider the ultimate specification/option list for an Atom to be used on the street and on the track. So I ordered this one with ALL the high-end options, planning to keep it forever for my own use. It has the most horsepower and the most traction available from the factory, the lightest (Carbon Fiber) bodywork, and with the brakes I prefer for track and street.

Why selling? My life situation has changed. My sweet wife has blessed me by giving me a Mercedes twin turbo V-eight, 7-speed paddle shift roadster for the street, and a Pro Formula Mazda road racer for the track. And I have been blessed with being approved for the purchase of one of the new Ford GT supercars, in the third year of production. So to get ready for that possible purchase, I plan to offer for sale this Atom, two (over 125mph) playboats, and some other cars.

You can Google "Eddie FourFather Hill" for info on me.

No one else has driven this car, and the MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) is open and the car has not yet been registered or titled. The car has not had an accident or trauma of any kind, and about the only way you can tell that the car has been driven is the little paint chips where the sticky tires pick up and throw grit or pebbles on the side pods and front of the rear fenders. That is pretty much unavoidable, but easy to remove and repaint those items. Or helicopter tape might work, but I have not tried that.

The factory performance figures are:
0-60 MPH: LESS THAN 2.8 SECONDS
Virginia International Raceway full course @1:58
1/4 mile @ 10.7 Seconds (estimated)

Here is the list of factory options:

Engine- Honda 365 bhp Forced Induction Turbo 2.4 Liter
Aluminum Radiator
Twin Aero Side Pods

Transmission-6 speed Limited Slip Differential
Uprated Clutch

Braking System Wilwood Dynalite Sport Brake Package
Dash mounted Brake Bias Adjuster

Track Brake Pads - Hawk Blue Pads Installed - Original Equipment Pads included separately

Suspension System JRi Adjustable Dampers w/2-piece Springs

Steering System Aluminum rack and pinion

Seating One-Piece Fiberglass Bucket Seat

Seat Belts 3" Six-Point Harness SPECIAL RED BELTS with anti-sub belt and Shoulder Belt Pads

Windscreen - Standard Full Glass Windscreen. NOTICE - This car also has the small Aero Screens that are mounted on an additional cowl, and with an additional Carbon Fiber Nose/Hood, to match, so you can run with, or without, the full windshield, and with a Carbon Fiber Nose/Hood to fit each configuration. Easy, quick, change over. Best of both worlds.

Wings/Aerofoils Carbon Fiber Wings, Front And Rear

Wheels 17" Rear Wheels, Satin Black or Silver, buyer's choice (These are the largest offered by the factory)
15x7" Front
Tires 15" Toyo R888 (205/50R15) Front
17" Toyo R888(245/40R17) Rear

Body Work/Appearance Carbon Fiber Bonnet/Nose/Hood to fit with Full Windshield
Carbon Fiber Bonnet/Nose/Hood to fit with small aero screens and cowl
Carbon Fiber Airbox Cover/Snorkel
Clear Lexan Side Panels
Carbon Fiber Instrument Surround
Chassis Powder Coated Black
Fenders Fiberglass Black

Track Day Options Battery Master Switch
Hawk Race/Street Pads installed
Front/Rear Brake Bias Adjuster Control on Dash
Stainless Steel and Jet-Hot Ceramic coated Muffler Eliminator
Jet-Hot Ceramic Coated Exhaust pipe from Turbo to Muffler, or Eliminator
Original Muffler included
First and Second gear Lockout- To keep from accidentally selecting wrong gear

Misc. Options Hondata ECU tuner and Datalogger
Passenger Footrest
Road Race Lighting Kit 3.5 This includes Headlights with high and low beams,
tail and brake lights, marker lights, turn signals, hazard flashers, dash lights,
backup light, license plate light, and horn
Windshield wiper and windshield washer included
Clutch foot dead pedal (Footrest while not using clutch pedal)
12 Volt power source on dash
Budge #2 Car Cover

NOTE: This Atom will be on eBay soon, and on the VIN, eBay would not take the Ariel's actual number, so I used the VIN for my 06 Ford GT - which Is NOT for sale. (Yet, maybe later)

Today the Atom has 698 miles, and is priced at $89,980.00 with FREE SHIPPING in Cont. US! It has the MCO (Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin) and has not been registered or titled yet, so the buyer will be the first registered owner.

The Atom is in Wichita Falls, Texas, and I will be happy to show the car and give a demo ride to a qualified and serious buyer, BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. The Atom is garaged/shown at my race car facility, NOT at my Eddie Hill's Fun Cycles, Inc. downtown dealership

Thanks for looking-

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 10-06-2017 at 11:11 PM. Reason: Lowered price
Old 07-09-2017, 06:29 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

NEW GT!!! God bless you and Ercie. You are are a hero to an awful lot of us car guys. Thanks for all the great posts Eddie.

Capt. Van
Old 07-09-2017, 10:21 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Ercie and I both thank you for the kind comments! We have been, and continue to be, extremely blessed, and we thank the good Lord every single day. It does seem that we have a bunch of friends here on the forum, and we are really grateful.

Cheers,

Eddie and Ercie
Old 07-12-2017, 09:58 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Carbon fiber is cool!

Last edited by FourFather; 07-12-2017 at 10:08 AM.
Old 07-14-2017, 05:41 PM
FourFather
Drifting

I think the contrasting red belts look good.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 07-14-2017, 05:54 PM
juanvaldez
Team Owner

Received 493 Likes on 364 Posts

Whada car!
Old 07-15-2017, 11:18 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Originally Posted by juanvaldez
Whada car!
Thank you!

It is genuinely a thrill ride!

Cheers,

Eddie fourFather Hill
Old 07-23-2017, 09:35 AM
FourFather
Drifting

I don't have video of this 365 HP Turbo Atom on track, but here is how my 300HP Atom accelerates against a field of single-seat race cars.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgUNet7Rfz8

And, for anyone with any interest, here is a video interview with Ercie and me.

BangShift.com Eddie Hill

Thanks for looking,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 07-25-2017, 09:40 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Now priced at $89,980 with FREE SHIPPING in Cont. US!

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 08-02-2017 at 01:08 PM.
Old 07-31-2017, 04:17 PM
Capt Van
Le Mans Master

Received 232 Likes on 88 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12, '16

Bump if for no other reason, this is is just plain damn cool. Not to mention just who is selling it.
Old 08-02-2017, 01:06 PM
FourFather
Drifting

NEW LOWER PRICE- $89,980, AND STILL FREE SHIPPING.

Why am I selling it, and why the ~$10,000 discount for only ~700 miles? My life situation has changed.

My sweet wife has blessed me with a Mercedes twin turbo V-eight, 7-speed paddle shift roadster for the street, and a Pro Formula Mazda road racer for the track. So I am no longer going to be racing (or selling) Ariels, once I sell the five I currently have in stock.

An additional reason for selling so many of my inventory and collection, is that I have been blessed with being approved for the purchase of one of the new Ford GT supercars, in the third year of production. So to get ready for that possible purchase, I plan to offer for sale this Atom, two drag boats converted to two-seat lake or river boats, my Hondo capable of over 125 mph, my Deaver capable of over 150 mph, my Ultima Can-Am roadster, and my remaining four Ariel Atoms.

Thanks for looking,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 08-02-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:16 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Here's a fun place to spend some time-

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 08-17-2017, 09:26 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Old 08-17-2017, 08:49 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

It is very nice.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:41 AM
KEZ06
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Eddie beautiful car! One question:can this atom be licensed and registered for street use in Texas?
Old 08-20-2017, 06:39 PM
FourFather
Drifting

I registered my first one about 10 years ago with no trouble and ran this plate on it.

But after I found out how much fun these cars are, on track, I have not driven one on the street for the last several years- this registration and plate in the picture is expired. I now save my recreational driving time for the track, and use the money I save from not paying registration and insurance, for gas and tires. So I have no first hand experience with current registration, and I have heard hearsay that they will, and also heard that they will not, issue Texas tags now. I reckon the only way to know for sure is to ask your registration office-

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 08-20-2017 at 06:41 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 07:54 PM
FourFather
Drifting

Here are some answers to questions I have received about my Turbo for sale that might be helpful to anyone considering either buying this one I have, or ordering a new Atom 3S.

My Turbo does not have the traction control feature, mainly because I ordered this car for me, intending to keep it forever, instead of ordering it for immediate resale, and my preference is no electronic nannies. However, it is my understanding that that can be added if desired.

The 3S has mandatory Alcon brakes with parking brake, and mine has my preference, the Wilwoods, which seem to me to be easier to modulate, especially so to avoid lockup under extreme braking on track. And my original Atom II, with Wilwoods and over 8,000 miles of mostly track use, still has the original brake discs, and they have never been resurfaced, and still don’t need to be. There is plenty of braking power to lock the wheels at any speed, but easy to avoid locking. The Hawk blue brake pads, already installed on this car, work great on the street, and even better on track. The Hawk pads for the Wilwoods are about $250 to do the whole car. The original factory equipped pads are included with the sale and they are essentially unused. So with my Turbo you get track pads already installed, but not standard on 3S, but available for $458 extra.

I fabricated a first and second gear lockout for the shifter, for use on track to prevent accidentally selecting second gear when trying to select fourth in a hurry downshifting on corner entry. My lockout is basically fool proof, and easily engaged or disengaged, one-handed, while strapped in the car. It is included in my sale, but not included or available with the 3S.

My Turbo does not have the seat cover, again a personal choice, but easy add-on.

My Turbo has six-point belts/harness, not included with the 3S, but they can be added to the 3S for an additional $328. Mine are RED, by special request.

The 3S will have the muffler only, and the system will not be Jet-Hot coated, as mine is, and my stainless steel and Jet-Hot coated muffler eliminator not only increases power slightly, but lets the car sound “like a supercar should”, in my wife’s words. The exhaust sound gives me an aural indicator of shift points, whereas the stock muffler did not. This mod is completely and quickly reversible, and the muffler is included in the sale.

My Turbo has some of the aluminum in the engine compartment polished a bit, that is not done on the stock 3S. I wish now that I had taken a picture of the stock 3S rear view before I prettied it up, but I did not.

I am including the Hondata FlashPro tuning and datalogging equipment, which is what the factory uses to do the original tune. This allows unlimited tuning and datalogging, and is not included with the 3S.

My Turbo has both the windshield AND the small individual aero screens, with the nose/bonnet/hood to fit each configuration. The 3S has windshield only. If you want to remove the windshield to protect it from damage when you run the car on track, the parts are included with mine to do the easy change over.

Mine does not have the removable steering wheel, simply because I quit using that feature on my first Atom, after the novelty wore off. I thought at first that taking the wheel off made getting in and out of the car easier, but after I became used to the car, I find it is easier to actually use the wheel as a hand hold/knee brace to help get in and out. But that can be added if desired.

Mine has the Carbon Fiber wing package, about $6,000, that is not included in the 3S.

My Turbo has the Carbon Fiber bonnet/hood/ nose piece that is not included on the 3S, but available on the 3S as an option for $985 extra.

My Turbo has an extra carbon fiber bonnet/hood/ nose piece, to fit the extra cowl that comes with the two little tiny windscreens that are referred to as Aero screens, neither of which are included in the 3S. About $1,400 extra to get them added to the 3S.

My Turbo has the carbon fiber Airbox cover/Snorkel that is not included in the 3S, but available for the 3S for $1,785 extra.

My Turbo has the Carbon Fiber instrument surround, which is not included on the 3S, but available for $485 extra.

My Turbo has larger 17” rear wheels with the largest tires ever offered from the factory, whereas the 3S comes with 16” rears. My wheel/tire package was an extra $650 for wheels and an extra $477 for the Toyo R888 rear tires.

My Turbo has the clear Lexan side panels, which are not included in the 3S, but available for $400 extra.

My Turbo does not have the roll hoop, again by choice, and I have never used one on any of my Atoms, but it is available and an easy bolt-on or off.

Hope this info may be of some help.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill

Last edited by FourFather; 09-19-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To 2017 Ariel Atom 3 Turbo FOR SALE

Old 08-22-2017, 08:40 PM
LTC Z06
Get Some!

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Mr. Hill, this is displayed in the drag racing, hot rod shop I worked at while in college. I'm still friends with Harrel Lamkin, the owner.
Attached Images  

Last edited by LTC Z06; 08-22-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Old 09-02-2017, 10:18 AM
FourFather
Drifting

Originally Posted by LTC Z06
Mr. Hill, this is displayed in the drag racing, hot rod shop I worked at while in college. I'm still friends with Harrel Lamkin, the owner.
Thanks for posting, LTC Z06.

You reminded me to offer our racing memorabilia, at no charge, if they want it, to whoever buys my Ariel Atom.

Everything shown here on top of my toolbox is included (or not, buyer's choice) in my Atom sale.

Cheers,

Eddie FourFather Hill
Old 09-13-2017, 02:47 PM
FourFather
Drifting

This is one of the items I am happy to include with any car or boat
sale I make-

Cheers,

Eddie

Quick Reply: 2017 Ariel Atom 3 Turbo FOR SALE