Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

We ain't worried . . .

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2017, 11:05 AM
lennykoll
Racer

Received 114 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by oldC5
They all have problems.
My Dad always told me.... "Son, if it's got **** or tires, it's gonna give you trouble!!"...LK
Old 07-22-2017, 09:56 PM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by dvilin
At the drag strip you should worry as the Demon will win. Love my Vette but the Demon is built for those who appreciate the power and it's 1/4 mile performance.
Originally Posted by Streetrod782
I never said I wanted to read about Demon love. I'm not the one who stated this threat. Go ahead and line up against one and let me know how that works for you.

Originally Posted by thill444
There is so much more to a car than straightline speed. Honestly a GTR that you strip out the interior on and do some light mods will take a Demon.

It's cool Dodge made one but it's a complete one trick pony and most people are going to add the front seats, rear seat, trunk carpet, heated says, sunroof, etc, etc and all that weight loss and then some is added back in.
The demon requires no mods, no "stripping" and no additional tuning. Even with the seats and a sunroof which I am not certain is even an option, you're still looking at a 9.9/10.1 second 1/4 mile car.....from the factory, completely covered by warranty.

I wonder what the ratio of Vette owners is for those who just do 1/4 races in their cars vs those who actually track their cars through the race course. I am betting the 1/4 mile racers is much higher.
Old 07-31-2017, 10:42 AM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by fyreline
Because there are so many "hard track like" turns on the street , these posts crack me up, because they show the insecurity of some corvette owners.
except for that very small % of people who actually track their cars (more 1/4 than road racing by a landslide ) most corvette owners I see are experts at parallel parking.... waxers get allot of practice going to all those car shows.

Last edited by NytmereZ; 07-31-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 08-04-2017, 12:03 AM
Mopar Jimmy
Team Owner

Location: Elmhurst, IL (West Suburb of Chicago) & Home of MEGA Horsepower
Received 584 Likes on 399 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by Larry/car
The Dodge Demon looks so yesteryear. No desire to own one.
LOVE the car b/c of its performance, power and what it is and would love to own one, BUT, the car would have been 10000% cooler and more unique, if it was built on its own platform and not the typical Challenger platform, that every Tom, Dick, Jane and Harry is driving all over the roads everywhere you look!

Something like a retro CUDA on its own unique and special platform would have been ****!

Last edited by Mopar Jimmy; 08-05-2017 at 02:08 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 12:58 AM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

I have owned 10 corvettes and 10 challengers. Had a choice between a new Z06 or a Demon. Plan to run a 9.xx from the factory in the 1/4 mile this fall......

I enjoyed all of my Corvettes. Have a lot of trophys. I'm sure I'll own another. Been a motor head my whole life. In 2009 I was out driving my Z06 and saw an SRT Challenger sitting at the Mopar dealer. Stopped just to take a look and when I sat in that car that was all she wrote for the Z06. It was gone 30 minutes later. If you like the old school cars you should do yourself a favor and go drive a challenger. Doesn't mean I have sworn off the Corvettes. I've owned a few in the last few years. Instead of only really digging one kind of car...I got two to enjoy. Win-Win for me.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:27 PM
NytmereZ
Le Mans Master

Received 295 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by Mopar Jimmy
LOVE the car b/c of its performance, power and what it is and would love to own one, BUT, the car would have been 10000% cooler and more unique, if it was built on its own platform and not the typical Challenger platform, that every Tom, Dick, Jane and Harry is driving all over the roads everywhere you look!

Something like a retro CUDA on its own unique and special platform would have been ****!
Cuda is coming As well as new platform in 2 years .
The challenger platform is long in the tooth and is being dropped soon it's going out with one hell of a boom though
Old 08-13-2017, 08:34 PM
cerino2000
Le Mans Master

Received 134 Likes on 89 Posts

My money is on a 426 Cuda for the last hurrah....

Quick Reply: We ain't worried . . .