Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already...

Notices
Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already...

 
Old 07-30-2017, 07:08 PM
  #1  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,767
Thanked 593 Times in 326 Posts
Default People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already...

Registered the name "Angel", which implies HALO or the opposition to the Demon. So, while people are paying 30k over MSRP and ready to store their "limited production" Demons, just like people did with Hellcats and all others, should probably see a trend here.

FCA is struggling in some ways, but they are KILLIN it with these 120k dollar, 30k dollar cars.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 07-30-2017, 11:16 PM
  #2  
NytmereZ
CF Senior Member
 
NytmereZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 1999
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 4,657
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
Registered the name "Angel", which implies HALO or the opposition to the Demon. So, while people are paying 30k over MSRP and ready to store their "limited production" Demons, just like people did with Hellcats and all others, should probably see a trend here.

FCA is struggling in some ways, but they are KILLIN it with these 120k dollar, 30k dollar cars.

FCA has nothing to do with shady dealers who charge over sticker, the only people who pay over MSRP are the ones who have to be 1st.
This happens with any car model that is new and in demand if people are foolish enough to pay extra, it's on them.

As far as the name "Angel" being registered as opposition to the Demon.... So what, dodge needs a new model, the challenger is being dropped soon anyway it's chassis is dated and needs a total redesign.

How dare them bring ,new ,cool, fast cars to the market, I think they should just do special edition sticker packages instead.
(that was written with sarcasm)

Last edited by NytmereZ; 07-30-2017 at 11:17 PM.
NytmereZ is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 02:56 PM
  #3  
Velocity_Vette
CF Senior Member
 
Velocity_Vette's Avatar
 
Member Since: Mar 2013
Location: Little Rock Arkansas
Posts: 1,393
Thanked 306 Times in 260 Posts
Default



Un(?)fortunately for the United States manufacturers that utilize the dealership model (i.e., seemingly everyone but Tesla) can effectively charge whatever they think they will get out of a car. It seems absurd that individuals will pay well above sticker for a vehicle but when you are that person that absolutely has to have it and has the means to buy it you get individuals that are all in on a concept that most buyers would scoff at.

I also agree that a lot of this is probably the FCA trying to get everything they can get out of this current chassis; it's in serious need of an update especially as both GM and Ford now have very competent and modernized pony segment cars with the current Camaro and Mustang respectively.

You think the Demon over sticker is crazy but when the recent Civic Type R first hit dealers many were charging market adjustments of $20K-$25K on a $35K car; imagine paying $60K for a Civic.
Velocity_Vette is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 03:04 PM
  #4  
sublime1996525
CF Senior Member
 
sublime1996525's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jan 2007
Location: "Ricers make baby Jesus cry" Utah UT
Posts: 24,590
Thanked 192 Times in 71 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Velocity_Vette View Post


Un(?)fortunately for the United States manufacturers that utilize the dealership model (i.e., seemingly everyone but Tesla) can effectively charge whatever they think they will get out of a car. It seems absurd that individuals will pay well above sticker for a vehicle but when you are that person that absolutely has to have it and has the means to buy it you get individuals that are all in on a concept that most buyers would scoff at.

I also agree that a lot of this is probably the FCA trying to get everything they can get out of this current chassis; it's in serious need of an update especially as both GM and Ford now have very competent and modernized pony segment cars with the current Camaro and Mustang respectively.

You think the Demon over sticker is crazy but when the recent Civic Type R first hit dealers many were charging market adjustments of $20K-$25K on a $35K car; imagine paying $60K for a Civic.
People paying $60k for a Civic? That is a lot of OT at Taco Bell...
sublime1996525 is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 11:30 PM
  #5  
K.I.T.T.
CF Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
K.I.T.T.'s Avatar
 
Member Since: Dec 2016
Posts: 1,767
Thanked 593 Times in 326 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by NytmereZ View Post
FCA has nothing to do with shady dealers who charge over sticker, the only people who pay over MSRP are the ones who have to be 1st.
This happens with any car model that is new and in demand if people are foolish enough to pay extra, it's on them.

As far as the name "Angel" being registered as opposition to the Demon.... So what, dodge needs a new model, the challenger is being dropped soon anyway it's chassis is dated and needs a total redesign.

How dare them bring ,new ,cool, fast cars to the market, I think they should just do special edition sticker packages instead.
(that was written with sarcasm)
That's an interesting perspective. FCA markets and creates the public perception of an upcoming model, fuels speculation, hype, etc then create a policy to avoid "gouging" that doesn't work. I think you are failing to see a well executed model for the dealer network. Sure does give incentive to the dealers to work for allocations and jump through the numbers hoops.

To say that FCA is standing by powerless...cmon man, they love every second of it.

To the sticker point, hey...you didn't see them not selling did you? You bait your audience and known demographics which want exclusivity...it's all the same. You think all these factors aren't calculated carefully?

I say it's just business, and I love seein them execute. I merely posted this as a laugh to those who will pay the 130k, to be the first to not drive their Demon, in the hopes it'll go up in value, which is pretty humorous.
K.I.T.T. is offline  
Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 PM
  #6  
NytmereZ
CF Senior Member
 
NytmereZ's Avatar
 
Member Since: Jul 1999
Location: Chicago IL
Posts: 4,657
Thanked 35 Times in 27 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by K.I.T.T. View Post
That's an interesting perspective. FCA markets and creates the public perception of an upcoming model, fuels speculation, hype, etc then create a policy to avoid "gouging" that doesn't work. I think you are failing to see a well executed model for the dealer network. Sure does give incentive to the dealers to work for allocations and jump through the numbers hoops.

To say that FCA is standing by powerless...cmon man, they love every second of it.

To the sticker point, hey...you didn't see them not selling did you? You bait your audience and known demographics which want exclusivity...it's all the same. You think all these factors aren't calculated carefully?

I say it's just business, and I love seein them execute. I merely posted this as a laugh to those who will pay the 130k, to be the first to not drive their Demon, in the hopes it'll go up in value, which is pretty humorous.

All car companies bait people to want the next latest and greatest, chevy is the worst offender when it comes to this, I've been buying new Corvette Z models since the 01 C5 Z, 06 Z, then ZR1, which people thought would be "collectible" all were marketed as "the best vette"... most track capable vette" etc....all of which tons of people(who had to be 1st) payed well
over sticker. Wait for the dealer gouging on the upcoming ZR1.
What I am basically saying is that ALL car companies do it .

Can you honestly say that if someone was willing to pay you 10k over what your car is worth you wouldn't do it?

Last edited by NytmereZ; 07-31-2017 at 11:55 PM.
NytmereZ is offline  
Old 08-04-2017, 03:14 PM
  #7  
HoldHard
CF Senior Member
 
HoldHard's Avatar
 
Member Since: Apr 2002
Location: Farmington Hills MI
Posts: 1,005
Thanked 31 Times in 26 Posts
Default 840-hp Demon? Sign here... here... here and oh one more....

From the Acknowledgement letter that Demon buyers are forced to sign in front of a notary just to place an order, Fiat Chrysler and its lawyers have some serious concerns.

Among the clauses customers must sign off on:

"Customer hereby assumes all risk associated with the vehicle ... and waives any and all claims against FCA US LLC and/or dealer."

"If the Vehicle is not factory equipped with a passenger seat, Customer shall never attempt to install a passenger seat because the passenger will not be properly protected."

"The Drag Tires are not recommended for driving in wet weather conditions where there is a risk of hydroplaning."

"Customer shall never use any 'Track-Use' features, functions, equipment or parts on public roads or any other prohibited area."

"Customer shall read and fully understand the Vehicle's Owner's Manual, User Guide, 2018 Demon Supplement and 2018 Demon Tips Card in they entirety prior to operating the Vehicle."

"Customer shall have full responsibility and shall assume all risks related to the use of the features and applications in the Vehicle and shall only use the features and applications when it is safe to do so. Failure to do so may result in an accident involving serious injury or death."


Especially like that last one....

HH
HoldHard is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: People rushing to pay 30k over MSRP for Demon as "collector" and FCA already...


Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: