Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 PM
vigalante
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Tim k. States demon is not the end, they will keep pushing the envelope. Not in demons direction. Maybe a more focus track killing machine????.....

Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM
68ragtop69
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 46 Likes on 37 Posts
MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19

It will be interesting to see what they come up with next.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 AM
PHPD7102
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by 68ragtop69
It will be interesting to see what they come up with next.
The Trackhawk (Jeep Cherokee with the Hellcat motor) is now available to order. They put the SRT engine in the Durango making it the Durango 392, and there is likely to be a Ford Raptor Challenger coming out next year as the Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat motor.

Since the Viper is now a thing of the past I imagine they'll develop something to replace that. FCA isn't messing around, they seem committed to put some high HP vehicles on the road.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 AM
JJS04
Le Mans Master

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by PHPD7102
The Trackhawk (Jeep Cherokee with the Hellcat motor) is now available to order. They put the SRT engine in the Durango making it the Durango 392, and there is likely to be a Ford Raptor Challenger coming out next year as the Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat motor.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Racer86
Safety Car

Received 376 Likes on 180 Posts

FCA is looking for a buyer. Chinese have made an offer, but was turned down
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by PHPD7102

Since the Viper is now a thing of the past I imagine they'll develop something to replace that. FCA isn't messing around, they seem committed to put some high HP vehicles on the road.

I'm a Ram fan for sure, but the Rebel was a massive disappointment in the looks department. The new Raptor is a beautiful truck... The Rebel is not even close (understand the dated gen, but still).
Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

With the passing of the ACR Dodge has absolutely NOTHING that can compete on a track with corners.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:57 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Received 491 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by themonk
With the passing of the ACR Dodge has absolutely NOTHING that can compete on a track with corners.
You talk about corners a lot. Serious question do you road race? If so what tracks and impressive laps have you ran in your vette with you driving?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:09 PM
themonk
Team Owner

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
Received 1,456 Likes on 799 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by thegame
You talk about corners a lot. Serious question do you road race? If so what tracks and impressive laps have you ran in your vette with you driving?
I have run many laps at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton as well as straight line half mile events. I talk about corners a lot because any car can go in a straight line fast, it doesn't take engineering to do that, add in corners both left and right, off camber, quick esses, high g's and the ability to do it well takes a hell of a lot more skill not only to be able to drive that but engineer it into a car.

Last edited by themonk; 08-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:09 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Received 4,447 Likes on 2,803 Posts

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
I'm a Ram fan for sure, but the Rebel was a massive disappointment in the looks department. The new Raptor is a beautiful truck... The Rebel is not even close (understand the dated gen, but still).
I totally disagree, I think the Rebel is the best looking offroad truck. Especially the ones with the black trim. To me, the Raptor screams "mmy manhood is VERY inadequate, and I carry a gun at all times to feel tough". It's like a rolling advertisement you're gonna be a d-bag.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

I have run many laps at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton as well as straight line half mile events. I talk about corners a lot because any car can go in a straight line fast, it doesn't take engineering to do that, add in corners both left and right, off camber, quick esses, high g's and the ability to do it well takes a hell of a lot more skill not only to be able to drive that but engineer it into a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWE70eFFVsU&t=6s
Don't get defensive, it was a legit question. That's cool
Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 PM
\Boost Monkey/
Melting Slicks

Received 774 Likes on 417 Posts

Originally Posted by FAUEE
I totally disagree, I think the Rebel is the best looking offroad truck. Especially the ones with the black trim. To me, the Raptor screams "mmy manhood is VERY inadequate, and I carry a gun at all times to feel tough". It's like a rolling advertisement you're gonna be a d-bag.

Nah, I don't see it. Rebel looks cheap, front end looks cheap... Plastic looks cheap... Like a stripped work truck with the sport trim hood and sport trim headlights. A basic slightly lifted ram with new wheels and plastic grilled/front skid plate. It's too understated for what it is supposed to be.

Obviously Ram feels the same way, and thinks they need to move closer to what the Raptor is... Thus the new TRX concept that takes many "douchebaggy" cues from the raptor.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/
Nah, I don't see it. Rebel looks cheap, front end looks cheap... Plastic looks cheap... Like a stripped work truck with the sport trim hood and sport trim headlights. A basic slightly lifted ram with new wheels and plastic grilled/front skid plate. It's too understated for what it is supposed to be.

Obviously Ram feels the same way, and thinks they need to move closer to what the Raptor is... Thus the new TRX concept that takes many "douchebaggy" cues from the raptor.

Can't disagree with your logic. I think Ram thought people wanted some offroad capability, without the compromise of being a Raptor. Maybe they were wrong? Maybe people do want over the top?

I hope the Rebel stays unloved, I could buy one cheap in a few years then, haha. I probably wouldn't though since I don't offroad and it would gain me nothing over a sport pack truck.

What I really want is a 392 powered Dakota that's the size of a Durango.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 PM
FAUEE
Race Director

Back on topic, I'm sure FCA will make a new "Viper". I suspect it will share platforms with an Alfa, Maserato, and maybe a Ferrari. It will be far more civilized, and less brash American goodness. Not a real Viper in other words.

They will probably make a more road course tuned Challenger. And definitely expand out into other models. Cherokee, Journey, Dart all beg for some SRT magic.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Awesome! Let them keep raising the bar, hopefully other manufacturers will follow. Would be great for GM to release an affordable boulevard bruiser, rather than Ring focused cars. Ring numbers mean nothing on the street.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:39 AM
thegame
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy
Ring numbers mean nothing on the street.
good thing for the C7 Z06
Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

You can get a wide body hellcat, they say they will add all wheel drive in the next 2 years, wife has had SRT8 grand Cherokee's and she is waiting for her trackhawk, the hellcat is a lot of fun, once the demon comes in we will see which is more fun and sell the other.

Last edited by hcvone; 08-23-2017 at 11:34 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Old 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Default might be negotiating chip

i think i read chrysler was shopping itself to GM awhile back too.

bring back Lee Iacocca he may still have some gas left in the tank!
check out the series cars that made America if you don't remember him.

Originally Posted by Racer86
FCA is looking for a buyer. Chinese have made an offer, but was turned down
Old 08-27-2017, 10:13 PM
dmaxx3500
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,183 Likes on 748 Posts

hellcat/demon 1/2 ton 2x4 trucks?,,,they built a couple with viper eng's years ago
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM
RedLS1GTO
Race Director

Received 42 Likes on 9 Posts

Any car can go in a straight line fast? Doesn't take engineering? Really?

How much engineering do you think it takes to get the slip on the right?
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....