Go Back  CorvetteForum - Chevrolet Corvette Forum Discussion > Off Topic > Other Cars
Reload this Page >

Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Old 08-05-2017, 10:32 PM
vigalante
CF Senior Member

Default Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Tim k. States demon is not the end, they will keep pushing the envelope. Not in demons direction. Maybe a more focus track killing machine????.....

Old 08-07-2017, 10:54 AM
68ragtop69
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

MD Events Coordinator
2015 C3 of Year Finalist
Cruise-In X Veteran
CI-X Car Show Winner
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

It will be interesting to see what they come up with next.
Old 08-15-2017, 04:26 AM
PHPD7102
CF Senior Member

St. Jude Donor '14-'15-'16

Originally Posted by 68ragtop69 View Post
It will be interesting to see what they come up with next.
The Trackhawk (Jeep Cherokee with the Hellcat motor) is now available to order. They put the SRT engine in the Durango making it the Durango 392, and there is likely to be a Ford Raptor Challenger coming out next year as the Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat motor.

Since the Viper is now a thing of the past I imagine they'll develop something to replace that. FCA isn't messing around, they seem committed to put some high HP vehicles on the road.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:14 AM
JJS04
CF Senior Member

Cruise-In X Veteran

Originally Posted by PHPD7102 View Post
The Trackhawk (Jeep Cherokee with the Hellcat motor) is now available to order. They put the SRT engine in the Durango making it the Durango 392, and there is likely to be a Ford Raptor Challenger coming out next year as the Ram Rebel TRX with the Hellcat motor.
Old 08-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Racer86
CF Senior Member

FCA is looking for a buyer. Chinese have made an offer, but was turned down
Old 08-15-2017, 05:08 PM
\Boost Monkey/
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by PHPD7102 View Post

Since the Viper is now a thing of the past I imagine they'll develop something to replace that. FCA isn't messing around, they seem committed to put some high HP vehicles on the road.

I'm a Ram fan for sure, but the Rebel was a massive disappointment in the looks department. The new Raptor is a beautiful truck... The Rebel is not even close (understand the dated gen, but still).
Old 08-15-2017, 11:30 PM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

With the passing of the ACR Dodge has absolutely NOTHING that can compete on a track with corners.
Old 08-16-2017, 10:57 AM
thegame
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by themonk View Post
With the passing of the ACR Dodge has absolutely NOTHING that can compete on a track with corners.
You talk about corners a lot. Serious question do you road race? If so what tracks and impressive laps have you ran in your vette with you driving?
Old 08-16-2017, 05:09 PM
themonk
CF Senior Member

Location: Calgary, AB. There's a reason why white was the only color offered on every year Corvette. Proud Canadian German Jamaican!
St. Jude Donor '09, '12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17

Originally Posted by thegame View Post
You talk about corners a lot. Serious question do you road race? If so what tracks and impressive laps have you ran in your vette with you driving?
I have run many laps at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton as well as straight line half mile events. I talk about corners a lot because any car can go in a straight line fast, it doesn't take engineering to do that, add in corners both left and right, off camber, quick esses, high g's and the ability to do it well takes a hell of a lot more skill not only to be able to drive that but engineer it into a car.

Last edited by themonk; 08-16-2017 at 05:10 PM.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:09 PM
FAUEE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/ View Post
I'm a Ram fan for sure, but the Rebel was a massive disappointment in the looks department. The new Raptor is a beautiful truck... The Rebel is not even close (understand the dated gen, but still).
I totally disagree, I think the Rebel is the best looking offroad truck. Especially the ones with the black trim. To me, the Raptor screams "mmy manhood is VERY inadequate, and I carry a gun at all times to feel tough". It's like a rolling advertisement you're gonna be a d-bag.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:10 AM
thegame
CF Senior Member

I have run many laps at Castrol Raceway in Edmonton as well as straight line half mile events. I talk about corners a lot because any car can go in a straight line fast, it doesn't take engineering to do that, add in corners both left and right, off camber, quick esses, high g's and the ability to do it well takes a hell of a lot more skill not only to be able to drive that but engineer it into a car.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWE70eFFVsU&t=6s
Don't get defensive, it was a legit question. That's cool
Old 08-17-2017, 06:32 PM
\Boost Monkey/
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by FAUEE View Post
I totally disagree, I think the Rebel is the best looking offroad truck. Especially the ones with the black trim. To me, the Raptor screams "mmy manhood is VERY inadequate, and I carry a gun at all times to feel tough". It's like a rolling advertisement you're gonna be a d-bag.

Nah, I don't see it. Rebel looks cheap, front end looks cheap... Plastic looks cheap... Like a stripped work truck with the sport trim hood and sport trim headlights. A basic slightly lifted ram with new wheels and plastic grilled/front skid plate. It's too understated for what it is supposed to be.

Obviously Ram feels the same way, and thinks they need to move closer to what the Raptor is... Thus the new TRX concept that takes many "douchebaggy" cues from the raptor.

Old 08-17-2017, 06:37 PM
FAUEE
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by \Boost Monkey/ View Post
Nah, I don't see it. Rebel looks cheap, front end looks cheap... Plastic looks cheap... Like a stripped work truck with the sport trim hood and sport trim headlights. A basic slightly lifted ram with new wheels and plastic grilled/front skid plate. It's too understated for what it is supposed to be.

Obviously Ram feels the same way, and thinks they need to move closer to what the Raptor is... Thus the new TRX concept that takes many "douchebaggy" cues from the raptor.

Can't disagree with your logic. I think Ram thought people wanted some offroad capability, without the compromise of being a Raptor. Maybe they were wrong? Maybe people do want over the top?

I hope the Rebel stays unloved, I could buy one cheap in a few years then, haha. I probably wouldn't though since I don't offroad and it would gain me nothing over a sport pack truck.

What I really want is a 392 powered Dakota that's the size of a Durango.
Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 PM
FAUEE
CF Senior Member

Back on topic, I'm sure FCA will make a new "Viper". I suspect it will share platforms with an Alfa, Maserato, and maybe a Ferrari. It will be far more civilized, and less brash American goodness. Not a real Viper in other words.

They will probably make a more road course tuned Challenger. And definitely expand out into other models. Cherokee, Journey, Dart all beg for some SRT magic.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:33 AM
Chevy Guy
CF Senior Member

Awesome! Let them keep raising the bar, hopefully other manufacturers will follow. Would be great for GM to release an affordable boulevard bruiser, rather than Ring focused cars. Ring numbers mean nothing on the street.
Old 08-18-2017, 10:39 AM
thegame
CF Senior Member

Originally Posted by Chevy Guy View Post
Ring numbers mean nothing on the street.
good thing for the C7 Z06
Old 08-23-2017, 11:31 AM
hcvone
CF Senior Member
Support Corvetteforum!

You can get a wide body hellcat, they say they will add all wheel drive in the next 2 years, wife has had SRT8 grand Cherokee's and she is waiting for her trackhawk, the hellcat is a lot of fun, once the demon comes in we will see which is more fun and sell the other.

Last edited by hcvone; 08-23-2017 at 11:34 AM.
Old 08-23-2017, 11:44 AM
TBIRD57
CF Senior Member

Default might be negotiating chip

i think i read chrysler was shopping itself to GM awhile back too.

bring back Lee Iacocca he may still have some gas left in the tank!
check out the series cars that made America if you don't remember him.

Originally Posted by Racer86 View Post
FCA is looking for a buyer. Chinese have made an offer, but was turned down
Old 08-27-2017, 10:13 PM
dmaxx3500
CF Senior Member

hellcat/demon 1/2 ton 2x4 trucks?,,,they built a couple with viper eng's years ago
Old 08-28-2017, 12:35 PM
RedLS1GTO
CF Senior Member

Any car can go in a straight line fast? Doesn't take engineering? Really?

How much engineering do you think it takes to get the slip on the right?
Attached Images  

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Beyond the Demon...from Chrysler....

Sponsored Ads
Vendor Directory

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: