Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Help, Daily Driver recommendation

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:56 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Help, Daily Driver recommendation

Hey Guys,
I currently have a 2010 C6 Z06 h/c which I drive weekly - I sold my EVO 9 in preparation to buy something newer / nicer. So far I have driven a c63s benz, a DCT M3, Audi S6, CTS V, and an ATS V auto. Sadly all of these made me want my Evo back. My question is this, what four seat vehicle should I look at next?
Thank you,
Sam
Old 10-07-2017, 07:01 AM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06Samuel
Hey Guys,
I currently have a 2010 C6 Z06 h/c which I drive weekly - I sold my EVO 9 in preparation to buy something newer / nicer. So far I have driven a c63s benz, a DCT M3, Audi S6, CTS V, and an ATS V auto. Sadly all of these made me want my Evo back. My question is this, what four seat vehicle should I look at next?
Thank you,
Sam
Ya, buy my unmolested 14' GSR off me. The last true EVO X. It's going up for sale soon, I DD my STi, more than the EVO.
Old 10-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NmtMev
Ya, buy my unmolested 14' GSR off me. The last true EVO X. It's going up for sale soon, I DD my STi, more than the EVO.
Thank you, but If go back to an EVO it will be an EVO 9
Sam
Old 10-08-2017, 03:49 AM
Crushinator
Race Director

Received 128 Likes on 77 Posts

I drove a '15 Scat Pack Challenger for about a year and it was a very comfortable daily driver. You can pick up new left overs for under $40,000 now. Something to consider. With 485 horse, they run strong too.
Old 10-08-2017, 02:28 PM
White Out
Burning Brakes

Received 57 Likes on 34 Posts

What are you looking for? You sold a **** box that is insanely fun to drive and started looking at larger luxury sedans with power which give up fun for comfort. Aside from an STI of that era, not much else is comparable.

ChevySS
E39 M5
Camaro
Mustang
CLA45
911 S/Turbo (price dictates generation)
M2
GolfR
STI

Personally, if I needed 4 seats and a fun car. Would not look beyond the newest 911 turbo I could afford.
Old 10-09-2017, 02:41 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

I drove a lightly modified GTR today, it felt a lot faster than everything else. Has an auto and rear seats, lots of potential! The Porsche Turbo S is awesome but I cant swing the 200K for a daily.
Old 10-10-2017, 08:04 AM
Victor
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drove a lightly modified GTR today, it felt a lot faster than everything else. Has an auto and rear seats, lots of potential! The Porsche Turbo S is awesome but I cant swing the 200K for a daily.
I’ve been saving and shopping for quite some time and I’m probably going to go with a 997 Turbo in the spring. There are several examples out there right now in the 60k range with a manual and, if you don’t mind the tiptronic, they can be had for the mid to low 50s. If you want a 997.2 with a PDK I havent seen their price drop below 80k in the 2 or so years I’ve been eyeing them. Supposedly the price on 997s in general has leveled out and is on the rise. Sooner, rather than later, might be the time to get one if you are serious about a 911.

People avoid the tiptronic for whatever reason, but it is still the fastest and best slush box Porsche ever made. For a daily driver I’m sure it’d provide you more than enough fun.
Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 PM
NmtMev
Drifting

Received 97 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Victor
I’ve been saving and shopping for quite some time and I’m probably going to go with a 997 Turbo in the spring. There are several examples out there right now in the 60k range with a manual and, if you don’t mind the tiptronic, they can be had for the mid to low 50s. If you want a 997.2 with a PDK I havent seen their price drop below 80k in the 2 or so years I’ve been eyeing them. Supposedly the price on 997s in general has leveled out and is on the rise. Sooner, rather than later, might be the time to get one if you are serious about a 911.

People avoid the tiptronic for whatever reason, but it is still the fastest and best slush box Porsche ever made. For a daily driver I’m sure it’d provide you more than enough fun.

Whatever you decide to buy just make sure you follow up with your thread. Just a quick word. A DD in your case doesn’t have to be the end all be all of cars. Judging by what your looking at and what you’ve owned. That’s what the weekend car is all about.

The most fun cars I’ve ever had as a DD were way old and cool. I DD a 2011 Sti hatch, as well as a 2000 v6 Honda Accord twin turbo. The accord is a piece of **** from the outside but I love the fact that it has stock mufflers and it’s totally chill. Not to mention it runs 11’s in the 1/4 and is very reliable.

Couldn’t ask for more. If I wanted attention everyday I’d drive a old school hot rod. Since I wanna get from point a to b... I have 3 options as opposed to one.
Old 10-11-2017, 01:18 AM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Wow! I wanna be like u guys when I grow up
Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 PM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by NmtMev
Whatever you decide to buy just make sure you follow up with your thread. Just a quick word. A DD in your case doesn’t have to be the end all be all of cars. Judging by what your looking at and what you’ve owned. That’s what the weekend car is all about.

The most fun cars I’ve ever had as a DD were way old and cool. I DD a 2011 Sti hatch, as well as a 2000 v6 Honda Accord twin turbo. The accord is a piece of **** from the outside but I love the fact that it has stock mufflers and it’s totally chill. Not to mention it runs 11’s in the 1/4 and is very reliable.

Couldn’t ask for more. If I wanted attention everyday I’d drive a old school hot rod. Since I wanna get from point a to b... I have 3 options as opposed to one.
Love that Accord sleeper idea.
The most fun cars I've owned where cars I didn't worry about. 1984 Mazda gslse rx7 was the most exciting after I stripped then turboed it.
I have an accord 2017 manual that is rock solid. It is my stop gap till I can find my perfect daily. I will definitely keep you guys in the loop. Thank you everyone your responses have all helped.
Sam
Old 10-17-2017, 01:14 PM
MVR 155
Safety Car

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Cruise-In XI Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12

While it's nice to have a sporty/hard edged DD, it's equally nice to have a comfortable, luxurious car. Your initial post lists some really well qualified cars. While I see you did list the Audi S6 did you consider driving an S4? The S4 drives much smaller and is a more tossable car. While in stock form the S6 is definitely quicker in a straight line, you can easily mod the S4 to be a very worthy performer. A stage 2 (pulley swap and ECU tune) along with a TCU tune can get you an 11 second car, there are a number of guys knocking on the 10 second door with dual pulley setups with supporting mods. The car is also available with a manual trans but if modded will need an aftermarket clutch as the stock clutch is a weak point. My DD is a 2013 S4 that I purchased new. I have a piggyback box on it (equal to stage 1 performance) and it ran a 12.6@109mph. My car has the DSG (dual clutch) trans. It's been super reliable (nothing outside of routine maintenance), is fun to drive, has one of the nicest interiors around and makes for a perfect DD.

Last edited by MVR 155; 10-17-2017 at 01:18 PM.
Old 10-22-2017, 01:51 AM
ClipperFan
Race Director

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Love that Accord sleeper idea.
The most fun cars I've owned where cars I didn't worry about. 1984 Mazda gslse rx7 was the most exciting after I stripped then turboed it.
I have an accord 2017 manual that is rock solid. It is my stop gap till I can find my perfect daily. I will definitely keep you guys in the loop. Thank you everyone your responses have all helped.
Sam
Geezzz, u can get a newer accord with a manual transmission ? My manual transmission Corolla might be for sale
Old 10-23-2017, 08:17 AM
Z06Samuel
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by ClipperFan
Geezzz, u can get a newer accord with a manual transmission ? My manual transmission Corolla might be for sale
Yes, with the 4cylinder sedan. I didn't see any for the V6. It really is a fun commuter.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:31 AM
oemtech
Melting Slicks

Received 159 Likes on 116 Posts

I have a 17 Charger Scat... Great 485 HP grocery getter.

Get notified of new replies

To Help, Daily Driver recommendation

Quick Reply: Help, Daily Driver recommendation