Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Goodbye to my '15 Z06 approx.1 week

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2017, 02:59 PM
bcmarly
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 363 Likes on 212 Posts

Sexy Italian!
Old 10-29-2017, 03:47 PM
kenw
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 119 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by motodavid2000
Congratulations ! I own a Ferrari 458 Italia and a 2015 C7 Z06 vert. Both are great cars in their own right.

With the 2015 458, assuming the previous owner did the right things, you have the Ferrari 7 Year Maintenance Program. Make sure you do the annual maintenance on the car within 30 days of the initial in-service date.

This must be done no sooner than 30 days before the in-service date, or no later than 30 days after the in-service date. Treat this like a critical anniversary date and save all the service records - it will help with re-sale value in the future.

Two days ago I bought a lightly used 2014 Ferrari F12 V-12 that was a Ferrari executive car, and is due for delivery in mid-November to add to my stable, so I am excited about that.

Please post up pics of your 458 Italia when it arrives and give us YOUR driving impressions between the C7 Z06 and the Ferrari 458 Italia.

I have some very clear impressions & opinions about the distinctions between a mid-engine & a front-engine configuration sports car.

- Dave

Sir would be interested to hear your impressions. I am a die hard Corvette guy and even if I had the money doubtful if I would buy anything else. Still interested in your thoughts.

To poster---Good Luck with your 458.
Old 10-29-2017, 03:55 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Received 900 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Always Red Dave
Where is your Corvette loyalty!Only half kidding good luck and Goodbye!
What the other half is not kidding?
Yes his new forum will be a lot fun!
Since all posts will and should go to other cars. Since his Z06 is gone.
Us Midwest partly farm grown seem to stay with the domestic Corvette's! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C8&FORM=VRDGAR
Lotta money for slower!
Old 10-29-2017, 05:37 PM
Danosonic
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Absolutely beautiful car love the color combo. The pasta rockets have a slice of "oh yeah" that is very hard to replicate... they are absolute works of motorwerk ART. I'm assuming you evaluated the McClaren as well what were your thoughts comparison wise?
Old 10-29-2017, 05:54 PM
OnPoint
The Consigliere
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 5,444 Likes on 2,270 Posts

OP - congrats on the F car. Nice color combo.

Enjoy the soul of the 458 in good health.
Old 10-29-2017, 06:11 PM
NCC-1701
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by mjdart
I see you live nearby, bring it up to the Supercar Meet in Davie FL at the Lambo Dealer just off Griffin Road near I-75, second Saturday of the month 9am to 1pm. It's like red carpet night at the Oscars, Lambo's Porsches, Ferraris, Corvettes, McLaren's, Mustangs, Resto Mods, vintage exotics and lots of well dressed girls looking to meet the guys that own these machines, quite an event for everyone.

Never knew that was there and I live around the corner...lol
Old 10-29-2017, 06:13 PM
NCC-1701
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 53 Posts

Beautiful car stay safe, enjoy...
Old 10-29-2017, 08:04 PM
Always Red Dave
Le Mans Master

Received 3,109 Likes on 1,734 Posts
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Unmodified

Originally Posted by 3 Z06ZR1
Us Midwest partly farm grown seem to stay with the domestic Corvette's! https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...C8&FORM=VRDGAR
Lotta money for slower!
Crazy video on the street!Corvettes
Old 10-29-2017, 09:51 PM
Z06NJ
Drifting

Received 234 Likes on 205 Posts

Hot looking whip. But how much will an oil change now run you??!
Old 10-30-2017, 04:00 AM
motodavid2000
Advanced
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Z06NJ
Hot looking whip. But how much will an oil change now run you??!
With the Ferrari 7 Year Maintenance program the basic annual service charges are FREE through 2021 or 2022 on his 2015 458 Italia, depending on his initial in-service date.

Otherwise a 458 Italia annual service is $927.50 per my latest invoice and includes items such as crankcase oil, cabin air filters, brake cleaning with the Carbon Ceramics, A/C coil cleaning, radiator cleaning, etc.

Expensive? Yes.

Originally Posted by docf
Thanks for the insight Dave. The 458 comes with Ferrari Certification which gives additional year of drive train etc. warranty plus the 7 yr remaining Maintenance Warranty. They just completed this yrs maintenence. Hopefully once received I can pick your brain regarding 458. Tried to download some dealer pictures, but can't figure out how to transfer photo's.

The F12 is a beautiful car. Where did you buy it? I'm sure you will enjoy it. I've owned (2) 12's past-84 BBi, 88 Testa. First F car was 72 Dino 246 GT. This 458 is #6.
Gary
Thanks Gary. Great that you are both an F-car fan and a Corvette fan, me too. Make sure you get the Ferrari (C-TEK) battery tender with the car, it has a special plug that has the charging socket under the passenger side dash area. You can make a Battery Tender work, but the Ferrari-branded unit with the correct plug is the right way to go. FYI - a new unit from Ferrari is around $600, idiotic money for essentially a C-TEK tender.

I would be more than happy to give you any input I can on your 458 Italia, once you get it. Just send me a PM or post it up here. I bought the Rosso Corsa F12 at Ferrari San Diego, but I looked at quite a few of them before I bought this specific car. It will be shipped to me later in November after its annual service is completed, paint correction, Xpel film and ceramic coating installed.

Honestly, I was really torn between a new 488 GTB and a used F12. The new Ferrari 812 has a 24+ month lead time now, so that option was out for me. I want to see the new mid-engine Corvette too - I am really interested to see how that turns out.

best - Dave

Originally Posted by kenw
Sir would be interested to hear your impressions. I am a die hard Corvette guy and even if I had the money doubtful if I would buy anything else. Still interested in your thoughts.

To poster---Good Luck with your 458.
Hi Ken -

I don't want to hijack Gary's thread on his new 458 Italia, so I will point you to a discussion I had with others on this Forum regarding mid-engine vs. front engine configurations. I own a 2006 Ford GT also, among other sports cars, and the conversation was between the new Ford GT and C7 Corvette, along with others.

Here is a link to my garage for the things I own - starting with Post #105:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1590961251

Here is the link to the mid-engine vs. front-engine configuration discussion - my opinion(s) starting with Post #24:

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1595476026

Cheers - Dave

Last edited by Steve Garrett; 10-30-2017 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Merged Posts-Please use the Multi-Quote button (the middle icon) in the lower right hand corner to make your responses look like this!
Old 10-30-2017, 06:52 AM
hcvone
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,767 Likes on 969 Posts

Best of luck with your new car, I have owned two of them, they were both great cars, just too much attention when you are old like me.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:04 AM
Sub Driver
Banned Scam/Spammer

Received 3,772 Likes on 1,467 Posts

Lotta money for slower!
Are you really that insecure and/or jealous that you have to come in to someone else's thread and try to pretend he bought an inferior car? Quick, tell us how you own 2 z06s and could afford a Ferrari if you wanted but decided it's not worth it, LOL. Pathetic and sad.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:52 AM
383vett
Race Director

Received 1,541 Likes on 1,042 Posts

Lotta money for slower!

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
Are you really that insecure and/or jealous that you have to come in to someone else's thread and try to pretend he bought an inferior car? Quick, tell us how you own 2 z06s and could afford a Ferrari if you wanted but decided it's not worth it, LOL. Pathetic and sad.
Actually we all realize that this is normal behavior for the above.

Last edited by 383vett; 10-30-2017 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:07 AM
09Z06pj
Le Mans Master

Received 1,100 Likes on 752 Posts

Congrats, OP. The 458 is an absolutely awesome car and your pics back that up. Enjoy!
Old 10-30-2017, 12:14 PM
sunsalem
Race Director

Received 2,146 Likes on 1,521 Posts

Beautiful pics...it hurts a little that the car isn't in MY garage.
Old 10-30-2017, 12:18 PM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

Beautiful car. Love the color combo. Something special about the Ferrari's.
Old 10-30-2017, 02:05 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Sub Driver
No idea what your problem is! But you have one!

Last edited by 3 Z06ZR1; 10-30-2017 at 03:42 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To Goodbye to my '15 Z06 approx.1 week

Old 10-30-2017, 02:14 PM
docf
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by motodavid2000
Thanks Gary. Great that you are both an F-car fan and a Corvette fan, me too. Make sure you get the Ferrari (C-TEK) battery tender with the car, it has a special plug that has the charging socket under the passenger side dash area. You can make a Battery Tender work, but the Ferrari-branded unit with the correct plug is the right way to go. FYI - a new unit from Ferrari is around $600, idiotic money for essentially a C-TEK tender.

I would be more than happy to give you any input I can on your 458 Italia, once you get it. Just send me a PM or post it up here. I bought the Rosso Corsa F12 at Ferrari San Diego, but I looked at quite a few of them before I bought this specific car. It will be shipped to me later in November after its annual service is completed, paint correction, Xpel film and ceramic coating installed.

Honestly, I was really torn between a new 488 GTB and a used F12. The new Ferrari 812 has a 24+ month lead time now, so that option was out for me. I want to see the new mid-engine Corvette too - I am really interested to see how that turns out.

best - Dave
F12 is a beautiful car with unbelievable mechanics,hp. Will keep in touch & will pick your brain. Yes sounds like you are a car guy like myself. Not fixated on any Marque .Just love cars!:cheers
Old 10-30-2017, 03:24 PM
ZoratZ06
Burning Brakes

Received 959 Likes on 410 Posts

Lotta money for slower!
Pretty sure he said is 'approx 1 week.' Being that he posted on the 28th, and today is the 30th...Is that 1 week? I'm trying to do the math...but it's eluding me.

So by 'your' rules can he still post in here since he still owns the Z06, and his post was Z06 related?

Seriously though...if you can't see your post as being an ****...then you need help. The guy is happy and excited he has a new car. Heck, you post about your TWO Z06's in 80% of your posts. His new car also happens to be a pretty damn cool one at that...and your reply is to crap on him for it?

"Alot of money to go slower" with an attached vid...Seriously??!!

This type of BS doesn't happen over on the Ferrari forum because people have class over there. You might want to think about trying to be less of an ****. I'm not kidding either. A true, real, decent car guy can respect all cars and the people who enjoy them. Try to show some class and decency.

Sadly your reply will likely be more of the same that we've become accustom to.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:49 PM
3 Z06ZR1
Team Owner

Originally Posted by ZoratZ06
Pretty sure he said is 'approx 1 week.' Being that he posted on the 28th, and today is the 30th...Is that 1 week? I'm trying to do the math...but it's eluding me.

So by 'your' rules can he still post in here since he still owns the Z06, and his post was Z06 related?

Seriously though...if you can't see your post as being an ****...then you need help. The guy is happy and excited he has a new car. Heck, you post about your TWO Z06's in 80% of your posts. His new car also happens to be a pretty damn cool one at that...and your reply is to crap on him for it?

"Alot of money to go slower" with an attached vid...Seriously??!!

This type of BS doesn't happen over on the Ferrari forum because people have class over there. You might want to think about trying to be less of an ****. I'm not kidding either. A true, real, decent car guy can respect all cars and the people who enjoy them. Try to show some class and decency.

Sadly your reply will likely be more of the same that we've become accustom to.
Your comment has been read. Not sure why your so offended?
If you look above I said with nice we need pictures.
This is the right place for Corvette's never said he is not getting a nice car. But they are a lot of money for slower. I didn't offend anyone.

Try to keep your panties from being bunched up! Maybe a chill pill!

Quick Reply: Goodbye to my '15 Z06 approx.1 week