Other Cars Non-Corvette Content, Daily Drivers, Winter Beaters, Work Trucks, Tow Vehicles, for sale

Charger Hellcat owners step in

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 05:07 PM
Boba Fett
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 485 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
Thanks everyone for the positive comments. Still getting acquainted with all of the things on the touch screen. The car is a blast to drive and will get plenty of use. My wife is very happy with her choice and so am I. She's a keeper and we're on year 42 together.
now that's an accomplishment to be proud of.....Merry Christmas
Old 12-27-2017, 10:51 PM
Kurac
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boba Fett
This....totally cracks me up to hear how these cars can't turn and it's usually from guys that have never been anywhere near a track. One ride with a bondurant instructer or any competent driver, and that gets debunked real fast.

I don't own one, but have driven one and done quite a few hot laps in them and they are very impressive cars.

Good luck
+1
OP, do the SRT experience at Bondurant. I did the event in a Viper T/A 2.0, but the instructors take you out on the track in standard SRT Chargers. Extremely capable 4 doors.
Old 12-28-2017, 01:52 PM
Closer_2001
Melting Slicks

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tally Ho
My wife is very happy with her choice and so am I. She's a keeper and we're on year 42 together.
Old 12-28-2017, 06:37 PM
Tally Ho
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Location: Out Where the Buses Don't Run, Eglin AFB/ Niceville FL
Received 1,435 Likes on 779 Posts
2022 Corvette of the Year Finalist -- Modified
2021 C6 of the Year Winner - Modified
Finalist 2020 C7 of the Year -- Modified
2020 C6 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Originally Posted by Kurac
+1
OP, do the SRT experience at Bondurant. I did the event in a Viper T/A 2.0, but the instructors take you out on the track in standard SRT Chargers. Extremely capable 4 doors.
Thanks for the heads up. The dealer never mentioned it. I saw it on the window sticker after I read your post. I will definitely do this. I haven't been to Phoenix since I left in 2000. It will give me a chance to look up some old friends I haven't seen in a while.
Old 12-29-2017, 01:18 PM
btrapps
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts

I JUST bought a Charger Hellcat myself and love it! I didn't have a good reason to purchase, only that I always wanted to try one. Car is really fun! On the highway the car is a screamer and the fact that you can put your entire family in it is a plus also. Traction is definitely an issue, especially in the cold, but for the money I would recommend one in a second. It gives me faith in America when I see cars being offered (like the Z06 and the Hellcat). There are some super deals out now too which makes is easier. Happy New Year!
Old 01-29-2018, 02:26 PM
Chevy Guy
Team Owner

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by sublime1996525
Highway trips? If the highway has turns, you will die.

Quick Reply: Charger Hellcat owners step in